Your most amazing images of 2012

There are some amazing photographs on this thread - thanks to all for giving me inspiration to pick up the camera again with enthusiasm after a bit of a dry spell! (y)

I havn't really got many images at all, I just started in october. But here are some of my favourites from the past 3 months.

1. My little brother, just playing around with my flash I got yesterday.
8322971477_95be75624b_c.jpg

2. I was just experimenting again and this one seems to be quite popular.
8276629308_f56364dd6f_c.jpg

I'm one of those who's never quite got round to backing up and actually storing or uploading my photos anywhere... until now! I'm making it a resolution. I'm sick of only my very old work being available! So I don't have all that much to choose from. And whilst they're not going to be amazing, I like them and they're mine :D Is it okay to include more than 1 or 2?! I'll delete if not!

This was on the 28th of this month. Before this, I'd never shot a "proper" photo with more than 1 person. I'm gutted I cut it off on the right hand side. It was my first wedding and one I felt no where near ready for! But the daughter of the couple is my mum's really good friend and they weren't going to have anyone so I went along to see what I could do for them. I was very anxious that they were going to be resenting standing in position whilst I composed, exposed and shot pictures so I worked faster than I would have liked... hence not noticing I'd cut it off on the right until I got home.
8322683868_7d79d62574_z.jpg

From the same day as above.
8322360620_11dabf88b0_z.jpg

Christmas day.
8308872120_5d15076c31_z.jpg

8293608097_e924d42f33_z.jpg

:coat:

Wow. The cat with the rain on the window... Stunning photo mate.

Wanted to say thank you to everyone for sharing your 2012. I'm really looking forward to seeing what we are all capable of doing during the year, 2013.

I don't think I'll be around when you guys are all online, but Happy New Year to you all! Wishing you all the best :)

A couple of my favourites
My daughter (number13) started playing wheel chair basketball and was picked for the u15 squad that represented the North West at the National championships at Stoke Mandeville

U15 Squad by Mark McGrady Photography, on Flickr

I also like this one, a hot sunny day and the kids playing in the garden with water and I had the use of a 50mm lens

A 50mm lens and lots of water! by Mark McGrady Photography, on Flickr

I had the use of an Aston Martin for a couple of days too and got some nice shots but I will stick to the 2 shots :)

both photographs are for my self as i just an amerture, but lucky neither are of my self, any way here goes my two favorites for this year, buth images taken using a Nikon J1.

Fujian 35mm f1.7 test by Alkins..., on Flickr

This is a photo of my daughter when we where on holiday in turkey, i took this using a cheap CCTV lens i got off ebay. It is a Fujian 35mm f/1.7.

Sunset at Dykeheads by Alkins..., on Flickr

I was curious one day a decided to have a look in one the fields near my moms house, in Newcastle, and what a surprise as i squeezed through the gap in the hedge.

Last edited:
This is probably my favourite of the year, also one of the latest

Frosted View by TCR4x4, on Flickr

Certainly not amazing, but considering I wasnt expecting to really capture anything, I think it worked out ok.

For someone else, it would have to be my first wedding shoot.

None of the images were amazing by any stretch, but it was such a huge learning curve, and an honour to be asked to do it.
The bride wanted candid style, much like my street photography that she really likes, so I tried to blend in and capture the fleeting moments, rather than spend hours bossing people around on where to stand.

I managed to stick the camera in the door as the bride sat down and waved goodbye to her familly.

I dont have any public uploads of the wedding images, hopefully you can see this one.

http://www.tcrphotography.co.uk/img/s2/v72/p1220317986-5.jpg

Favourites, though not 'amazing' ... yet to capture the 'amazing' shot :)

Hmm, gramps, you're over modest. That set was pretty darn close to amazing! Loved them, especially the pot!

Hmm, gramps, you're over modest. That set was pretty darn close to amazing! Loved them, especially the pot!

Most kind Chris, thank you :)

Mine - Venice
145586710.jpg

and the best ever experience - On a very wet and windy day, chasing a spitfire over the Dover coast with a helicopter
144118125.jpg

Then having it pop out the cloud into one spot of sunshine
144118151.jpg

and then being there as it landed close
144118090.jpg

The favourite one I took was this

golden hour by damianmkv, on Flickr

And this was my first "explore"

soli-tree by damianmkv, on Flickr

Both were still "snap shots" with not 100% attention to composure so I have plenty to learn still. If I can improve as much next year as this, then I'll be happy

Couple of my favorites from a very interesting year and all the very best fellow members for 2013

1, This is the reason i'm addicted to Landscape photography just me+camera+flask of hot tea and not forgetting Mother Nature at her best, a morning I shall not forget great memories sat ther for around 2hours taking it all in :)

2, the magic that is Snowdonia always shifting light

just one more sorry :D

Kevin (y)

Last edited:
Two from last summer.
Enjoyed looking at this thread, marvellous stuff so far.

I was scouting around fen roads looking for composition, when i saw the setting sun coming together with a beautiful sky, i think i found the perfect combination at the right time here.

DSC_8169-Edit-2_edited-1_zpsa8d6ed7f.jpg

Got up at 4.30am for the 60 mile drive, i was the first one there at daybreak, then 5 other landscape togs arrived, we took turns at our place on the causeway.....

DSC_8302-Edit-Edit_edited-1_zps82fa7bff.jpg

Fantastic shots on here people, great work!!!

These are a few of my fav's from 2012

7882223910_5f8885b16a_c.jpg

7874391440_d1b3a5dd4b_c.jpg

7032729193_07ca7af0e6_c.jpg

6813207797_14915604c5_b.jpg

Happy New Year TPers

I have many images from 2012 that im more than happy with, some that i don't know even exist yet! (undeveloped rolls lol) but so far these are my favourites.
Prayer.jpg

This was near the national gallery/London eye. I spotted the chap praying and seized the moment.
Taken on olympus 35rc
Kodak tri x pushed to 800
Devved in id-11

Then this.
IMG_0001-1.jpg

Which was taken one morning at padstow harbour. This little sailing boat came putt putting out of the mist and i grabbed it.
Again with my olympus 35rc
Fomapan 400 pushed to 800
Devved in ro9
Both scanned with Epson 4990

Oh the Padstow sailing boat is delicious!

a couple from the beginning of the year and a couple from the end as it turns out are my faves :)

First day with the D800 on release day, thanfully sunny

Macro of a bubble surface with the gone but not forgotten D300

Fuji X10 on the 9th tee while i was waiting for mum to tee off

D800 again, probably my fave shot of the year and one of the last i took in 2012. Getting it printed tomorrow nice and big

This was taken using a long exposure on a lovely night. Had to wait for the clouds to come cover the moon to diffuse the light a little.

Tenerife by andytyc, on Flickr

Had to get down really low with my Nikon D90 for this one (no swivel screen!)

Swinging by andytyc, on Flickr

Back