Your name on photograph?!?

lukewoodford

FYI, I am Luke Woodford.....by Luke Woodford
Name
Luke Woodford
Edit My Images
No
OK i have been trying to research this, basically i want to have "Luke Woodford Photography" at the bottom of photographs i take. I also want it to look proffesional. I have seen some good ones on these forums. I have photoshop elements but wonder is there a better place to create this? Thanks for the help as always!

It is sometimes called other things but is often called Watermarking, there are a fair few threads about it, but not always a simple answer. I don't use elements so not sure how much you can do in it. Generally most people just create a new text layer on top of the photo, which I am fairly sure you can do in Elements. The other option is to make an action that adds the text automatically, but not sure that can be done in Elements.

If you search for watermarking on here, you might find some more info :)

ok i did search the forum for watermarking first, i read a thread and they were talking about having big transparent writing in the middle of the picture, i assumed a name at the bottom of the photo was called something else. thanks for the help

Moving to the correct forum.

Here is a thread on the "PS Borders", not sure if they will work with Elements ***? If so you can edit the text and the border to whatever you want....

img2531tl9.jpg

If you can create Brushes in Elements you can do a watermark with a brush too..

Mike

Here is a thread on the "PS Borders", not sure if they will work with Elements ***? If so you can edit the text and the border to whatever you want....

img2531tl9.jpg

If you can create Brushes in Elements you can do a watermark with a brush too..

Mike

Do you have a link to the thread?

I use a programme called faststone photo resizer. You can download it free from a site called majorgeeks.com.

You need to write your own watermark and save it as a file on your pc. When you check the box on the programme you can automatically add a watermark and resize and add a frame too.

Works for me.

In PSE6 you can create your own 'custom brush' and save it in the brush pallet.

Open PSE6 Go File > New > Blank File then set the dimensions Click OK

Select the Text tool & choose a font style in bold about size 20pt black. Type "Mark Woodford Photography" ( you may wish to proceed this with the copyright symbol) When it looks OK click the green tick. Select the rectangular marquee tool to select the text. Go Edit > Define Brush Preset > Save the brush name with something like "copyright". You should now have a brush in the Brush Preset picker called "copyright" When you want to add this to an image select the new brush, resize it using the square brackets ( [ or ] ) position it and click and flatten layer.

Paul

Back