Your Thoughts

ppp

Edit My Images
Yes
A website i am playing about with for my Dad, he doesn't know about it yet. I wanted to keep it plain and simple, a minimalistic approach but still a bit classy. The uk2.net header will go in the future just not cost effective at the mo to pay to remove it. I have some of his pics from fotolibra in the gallery and these will change to be from his originals as well.

Your thoughts on layout, fonts etc.

Obviously more info will be added to the relevant pages.

Many Thanks

http://www.ronboon.co.uk

You can see more of his pictures here

http://www.fotolibra.com/gallery/search/?contains_any=&contains_all=&contains_phrase=&contains_none=&creator=ron+boon&filesize=&resolution=&category=&rights=&order=&orientation=&smart_plurals=on&colour=&type=advanced

hhmm, The gallery slideshow takes too long to start, made me think there was something wrong with it. It might just be my browser so others will have to confirm but the text looks rough round the edges too.

Find somewhere better to host it, black and classy is no good if the hosts banner is garish orange.

Stylewise it doesn't need much more, as you say keep it simple. I'd maybe replace the text "a site all about my pictures" with something like "My Images" or "My Photography"

oh and the fotolibra logo just spoils the images on view but you may not be able to do anything about that.

ok as above uk2.net header will be going in future, text on site will be changed when i have the correct info.

I thought text looked a bit jaggy but couldn't find a way round it?

there is some damn fine photography on show there, how much are you looking to spend on unbranded webspace? the uk2net stuff isnt that hot im afraid, and that detracts from the outstanding pictures

Many thanks my Dad loves his photography and i think his pics are awesome, hopefully mine will be as good in the future.

The unbranding is only about 60p to £1 a month IIRC I just didn't want to be paying it until i was happy the site was sorted properly.

I have used UK2 on a couple of other projects and have found their unbranded stuff was fine for the purpose, i know the branding looks terrible at the mo. I would obviously look at other hosting options as well if anyone has any suggestions.

Anyone have ideas of a better font that might be less jaggy?

Many Thanks for your comments, they are always welcome

As said ppp. My main gripe is the logo spoling good shots.

regards

site and photography look fine to me, but a word of warning, just remember before using flashy text etc,, only people with the same fonts installed can view it as it was meant to be.
KISS
keep-it-simple-stupid

Cool will look at that Witch and ta for the info Boon thats something i hadn't thought of.

Back