Your Top 3 Landscapes Of The Year

Gary, is no.1 the peir at Tiegnmouth? I've only been shooting since Aug so in the same boat. Great shots. The sky in 3 has great colours.

Oh boy there are some stunning photo's in this thread (y) so here are my humble offerings

I'm to go for this one as my top landscape of the year, it was easily the most amazing sunset that I've ever seen, this was shot on a little trip to the north where I met up with Dave (Just Dave) and we carried on up to Lytham St. Annes

8/366 (373) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

For my second I'm going to come closer to home and go for this one of the Beacon at Burton Dassett in the heart of Warwickshire, I have this on a large 30x20 inch canvas that was done by the good people at Trade Canvas Print as a winner of there recent TP Prize draw (y)

248/366 (613) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Finally I really wanted to go for my favourite photo from Chesterton Windmill but since there has already been a decent photo posted from there I'll hand off and go for my favourite firework landscape of 2012 shot for Guy Fawkes Night at Kenilworth Castle again in the heart of Warwickshire

308/366 (673) (Explored) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

A few from me not sure if 1 is a landscape ?

SaltsMillEditColoursplash.jpg

_DSC0044tidyup_zpsef2df600.jpg

3 I like this the best, just of east coast of Madeira
canical2logo_zps47f96bce.jpg

Gary, is no.1 the peir at Tiegnmouth? I've only been shooting since Aug so in the same boat. Great shots. The sky in 3 has great colours.

No, it's Paignton pier, I haven't actually shot the pier at Teignmouth yet, only the groynes, no doubt I will over the coming months.

Some lovely images in this thread - nice work guys.

I've been shooting landscapes since last October and just love getting outdoors. Its a bit like fishing, even if you dont catch something you've still been outdoors enjoying the fresh air - and it can get very fresh up here in the Highlands. :O)

My favourites change all the time but here are my fav 3 at the moment.

Elements Elgol, Skye by Michael~Ashley, on Flickr

Stepping Stones by Michael~Ashley, on Flickr

Sunrise - Tarbat Ness Lighthouse by Michael~Ashley, on Flickr

Hi Dave,
What a really unusual and stunning view of Baosbheinn. I would never have got that one.

Thanks Phil,

It was from the good, if fairly wet, path that leads to the lochs west of the hill.

Dave

...I'll hand off and go for my favourite firework landscape of 2012 shot for Guy Fawkes Night at Kenilworth Castle again in the heart of Warwickshire

Brilliant fireworks shot, Matt; I've never managed to get the Castle to show up. Great location planning too.

Last edited:
Brilliant fireworks shot, Matt; I've never managed to get the Castle to show up. Great location planning too.

Thanks Chris, it's a spot on location for it I've been there a couple of times now, this years fireworks were stunning, I've changed my way of shooting fireworks this year and gone for a marginally higher ISO than in previous years and it's proved very good for getting that extra detail such as the castle (y)

tough choice

this for it's painting like qualities

Green_Bridge_Last_Light.jpg

flower power

Daffodil_Sunset.jpg

and there's loads of others but like this as it was an eye opener

Icelandic_Aurora.jpg

drew

2012 hasn't been that productive for me so I'm struggling to get three I could say I'm truly happy with.

8074608328_b0222ed470_c.jpg

8151752338_35d9a76220_b.jpg

8173212664_c6970632a5_c.jpg

Need to get back to Clevedon pier now that the restoration work has been completed.

Durdle Door has been reprocessed for print to boost contrast slightly.

Pembrokeshire coast has been reprocessed for print to alter saturation slightly.

Some excellent work in this thread!

The first two in my top three are easy as they've won me stuff and have been published most (the second one made it into the LPOTY book and exhibition). The third one is my fave windmill shot and 2012 has been a year of windmills for me!

Pier pressure by binliner, on Flickr

Meandering by binliner, on Flickr

Sunrise at Herringfleet by binliner, on Flickr

Wow! This thread has some stunning images!
None of these will even compare with what is in here, but these are probably my best from 2012.

One from work. Just wish that the boat was positioned more to the left so I could get the turbine in the right hand side of the frame facing towards the cloud.

Storm wall by A_Cro, on Flickr

Another one from work. Early morning and lovely skies.

Thursday morning [Explored] by A_Cro, on Flickr

And one from a summer walk.

Evening at the fields by A_Cro, on Flickr

I'm hoping that I will have a much better selection for the best of 2013 thread!

Some fantastic photos here guys makes me want to get my act together and take some Landscape shots!

I'm not sure if my landscape shots are good enough for this thread as there are some stunners here.

But here are my top 3 of the year:

#1 - This was just a case of being in the right place at the right time. I was driving past and was fortunate enough to have my camera with me.

Ladybower reflections by richardmcbrayne, on Flickr

#2 - Taken on a family holiday in Whitstable. I would have loved to have spent the whole morning walking around and creating plenty of shots but my family weren't too happy about that idea.

Beach Huts by richardmcbrayne, on Flickr

#3 - Taken from the same spot as #1. If I knew the mornings weather would have been like this, I would have got up a whole lot earlier and made it onto one of the edges.

Ladybower sunburst by richardmcbrayne, on Flickr

Heres my top three, not in any order...

original.jpg

This image was taken last month at Lochan na H-Achlaise. I like this one because everything came together. There was just enough clouds in the sky over the Black Mount to turn pink with the rising sun. A windless morning and not too bad at -7c either.

That is an excellent picture IMHO Sir, get it entered into this years Take a View - LPOTY without delay! Gorgeous.:1st:

Most of the images in this thread are awesome but this is my favourite so far.

Some amazing shots here guys. Very inspiring and I aspire to produce shots like these.

Go on then, I'll join in the fun...here are my top 3 from 2012 in no particular order...

1) Llanddwyn Island.

8258441462_8827233097_c.jpg

2) Malham.

8137890278_1b2d06afc1_c.jpg

3) New Brighton lighthouse.

7885903838_1f5ea0bd71_c.jpg

Thanks for looking everyone. :)

Back