Your Top 3 Landscapes Of The Year

Ladybower looks pretty special here. Love the serenity.

I'm not sure if my landscape shots are good enough for this thread as there are some stunners here.

But here are my top 3 of the year:

#1 - This was just a case of being in the right place at the right time. I was driving past and was fortunate enough to have my camera with me.

Ladybower reflections by richardmcbrayne, on Flickr

#2 - Taken on a family holiday in Whitstable. I would have loved to have spent the whole morning walking around and creating plenty of shots but my family weren't too happy about that idea.

Beach Huts by richardmcbrayne, on Flickr

#3 - Taken from the same spot as #1. If I knew the mornings weather would have been like this, I would have got up a whole lot earlier and made it onto one of the edges.

Ladybower sunburst by richardmcbrayne, on Flickr

March Trees is probably one of my all-time favourite images and stands out even amongst the other superb images throughout this thread.

I don't think I could find three of mine that I like enough from last year to call favourites.

Fantastic thread, providing more inspiration for me to get out and try harder !
Thanks to everyone.

Damn you all with your awesome pics!

Ullswater
20121004160750_dreamy-ullswater.jpg

Honister Pass
20121024191830_honister-pass-view-from-slate-mine.jpg

Crummock Water
20130217105519_crummock-water-and-mellbreak.jpg

Last edited:
Somehow missed this thread..some great shots too. Here are my favourite 3 of 2012

Llyn Crafnant during autumn, Snowdonia

Castell Dinas Bran above Llangollen, North wales

Fairy Glen near Betws Y Coed, North Wales

I've just noticed this thread too,90% of the images are just stunning,and the rest are just very very good.A sincere congratulations to you all for the skill and effort you have put into these shots, I would consider it an achievement if I could take a photo half as good as these.

Every one of these photos is outstanding - I wouldn't be able to say which is my favourite. No wonder I don't post any of my photos.

I'm a real big fan of that last pic there... loving the simplicity and feeling of tranquillity it's oozing :)

My favourite three from 2012.
Some fantastic shots in this thread, food for thought for improving my game in 2013

1) Sunrise looking over Mt Bromo from Pananjakan, Java

indo-143.jpg

2) First trip to Durdle Door

Durdle-3.jpg

3) The Ile D'Or from La Dramont on the Cote D'Azur

PACA-8.jpg

Matty, I have stood and taken a photo, probably very close to where you were standing at Durdle Door, just hoping the tide wouldn't come in too quickly. In six months time, I'm booked to be standing where you were standing opposite Mount Bromo.

Your sharing gave me a lovely memory brought back to life.

Everyone - great thread and pics, keep sharing. I'll try and post a couple of mine too

a cross section of the country for my 3. One from the lakes, london and back home in cornwall

London from the Eye

Buttermere

Porthcurno / Minack Theatre

Trying to work out what I liked best, as opposed to what I thought were the best, from last year.

Last edited:

I like this ,a different take on the milky waterfall (y)

Cheers - as I said - its picking the ones that I have a soft spot for and was very pleased with the way that one worked out.

Back