Beginner YOUR VERY FIRST PHOTO

Name
ThanhKim
Edit My Images
No
Hi guys,

Can you show your very first photo which lead you into this path today? Can't help waiting to see your masterpiece :v
And please don't laugh, here's mine :))))

Have a good day.

Attachments

• 51109414_2462954717108842_4775805532080439296_n.jpg
    51109414_2462954717108842_4775805532080439296_n.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 143
Hi and welcome, for your very first photo I`d say that`s not bad at all so keep on with taking photos.
My very first photo was when my father sat me in his lap and helped me take a sunset on Uluru ( Ayers Rock ) I still have the old slide that I want to photograph.

Last edited:
Sorry i cant say it was my first but it was from my first roll of film, 1958 my parents sadly no longer with me.

007.jpg

No idea what my first photo was as I was like about 10 years old when I took a real photo using my mother's camera. We don't have the photo. Not everyone keeps their first photo, so some of you are lucky enough to still have your first photos, but others are unlucky to lose the first photo.

I don't think I've even got my very first photo any more! It would have been back sometime in 2011 (edit: edit looking at flickr probably sometime around 2010) and taken on an Olympus E410. I have RAWS since around 2012 when I moved to Lightroom. Before that editing was a mishmash and mainly done on Google Picasso. I don't think I knew about file storage and backups back then.

This is the first photo in my flickr stream:

Clodgy Point after sunset 2
by Rob Cain, on Flickr

There would have been some prior to that but I cleared out flickr to get under 1000. I think my first proper photography outing was to a local wood with a friend. I remember there being the remnants of snow on the ground and the photos weren't good!

Last edited:
I wonder if the OP will come back?
give him a chance, Its only been 10 days and electrons take a long time to travel from Vietnam ;)
I've no idea what the point is, but we get a few "out of town" thread starters ... One hit wonders ...

give him a chance, Its only been 10 days and electrons take a long time to travel from Vietnam ;)
I've no idea what the point is, but we get a few "out of town" thread starters ... One hit wonders ...
Going by their post, I thought they couldn't wait to see all the exciting first photos, that we all took. :)

I thought they couldn't wait to see all the exciting first photos, that we all took.
Sometimes the wording on these types of one hit wonder posts,
actually makes me think they are trying to steal images..
But it does seem a funny way of going about it.

I can't remember the first photographs I took but they were probably family 'snaps' taken with my mother's camera in the late 50s. The first one that I actually recall was a B & W of my pet hamster that I took with a Brownie 127, and I think I still have it somewhere. I was about 10, and I developed the film myself and made a contact print from the negative.

not my first picture
but I hope to improve on this with the help from you lovely people on this forum
Nikon D5100 18-200 Tamron lens,on sport mode with absolutely no photography knowledge at all
mind you I quite like it tbh DSC_0436.JPG

Possibly not the very first ever photo I took, but I've no idea what that is now. But this is one of my very earliest photos; shot on a Pentax Auto 110 Super with the 24mm f2.8, ca. 1995 perhaps?

Last edited:
Taken on my Mum's Kodak Brownie 'Hawkeye' 120 box Camera which she got in the 1930's by saving up 'Black Cat' Cigarette Coupons -- as she didn't SMOKE it took a LONG TIME ! I learnt 'Contact Printing' at East Ham Grammar School Photographic Society in 1951 -- none of the Pupils could afford a 35mm Camera so we all had HUGE 120 and 620 and larger negatives. Then we got a 'Gnome' enlarger with f11 and f16 stops ( so it was VERY DIM to Focus) and I did THIS Half Plate Enlargement on Kodak Paper developed in home-made Print Developer as shown by our Chemistry Master, in the school darkroom using outdated WWII Surplus Orthochromatic Film. I took it home wet between 2 sheets of School Graph Paper -- and I can still see the Green Lines on the Print -- my Mum died 1989 aged 89. Later I saved up for a British 'Ensign Selfix 16/20 model II with 75mm f3.5 Ross Xpres lens at £24 10 Shillings and Six Pence which I paid off at 5 shillings a week
Photo 02.jpg

Last edited:
Back