Zdraveite! Or in English Hello!

Name
Alex
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello!First I want to apologize for my grammar, I am working on it - English is not my mother tongue. While viewing this forum I felt like my creative block is lifting a bit and my guts pressured me to write here. I am international student and my name is Alex :). I have completed BTEC national in TV/FILM production and I am currently studying bachelor in film-making and creative media production in Hull, small city for my taste but I can afford it and I really do enjoy the course . This is one of the few forums I have ever registered on and the first one to ever introduce myself to. You see I usually like to stay incognito even out of the virtual world and to keep my thoughts and work for myself. But I will never achieve my life goals that way.. So as funny that might sound posting this to you is really out of my comfort zone!

About me hmm.. I like reading about science, technology, politics,history, of course photography and film and I am terrible with maths and numbers in general! I have trouble conveying my thoughts to speech too, it is quite chaotic inside. :D I am more focused on film-making but I believe that moving picture and photography go hand by hand and since I bought my own gear including a DSLR I had the chance to experiment more with photography and that brought my video production quality significantly higher. Since finishing college and maturing, studying film really opened my mind and changed my perspective on life. What I like about my course is that it is not only covering the technical bit but the philosophical part of it as well, which I think is of great importance for film as well for photography. I believe that film has greatly helped to shape the modern world as we know it and people like D.W. Griffith and Sergei Eisenstein were way ahead for their time and that is one of the things which is motivating me, that maybe one day with the help of my third eye(my lens :p) I would be experienced enough to express and convey my thoughts,feelings and ideologies thru the frames in full potential , touch peoples minds and souls and help at least a little bit with the shaping of the future for good :) Kinda naive and unrealistic maybe I know but those thoughts are my driving force. I have loads and loads to learn and I know that I haven't even reached the first step of the long,long staircase. I don't even think I'm good at it, maybe not yet but I really do enjoy doing it even only for myself. I think that we the three eyed people are a beautiful and unique breed with different thinking and a special connection between us :)
I will try to post some of my photos tomorrow so if you keep on eye and leave constructional criticism I will be greatly thankful. I will try to help out too :) And feel free to PM me. I am interested to view your creative work whatever it is and also very interested of making new friendships and contacts in this field. And if someone is from Hull and want to work together on projects or just to walk , talk and take pictures please let me know :)

Have a great day!

Hi Alex welcome to the forum :welcome:

Hi Alex and welcome to TP - Your grammar is excellent by the way!! A super introduction and well done to you for stepping outside of your comfort zone. Sometimes it's too easy to stay there. So get posting and join in, this is a great place!

Look forward to seeing you around (y)

Hi Alex, you wrote a very nice intro about yourself so, thank you, and welcome, i look forward to seeing some of your work, you sound like you have an artistic mind, something about the chaos maybe. where are you from originally?

Kak ste, welcome.
Dobre! :)

Hi Alex, you wrote a very nice intro about yourself so, thank you, and welcome, i look forward to seeing some of your work, you sound like you have an artistic mind, something about the chaos maybe. where are you from originally?

Thank you for your reply! I am half Greek, half Bulgarian/Serbian so you can say I am the Balkan man :D I posted some of my photos here http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/some-photos-of-mine.535172/ :)

Thank you all for making me feel welcomed!!!

Hi Alex:wave: so English is not your mother tongue:jawdrop: Well you're sure doing a good job of mastering it:LOL:
Anyway, you are very welcome:)

Back