Zeina

Not sure it's worth me commenting after the haidi thread as I think I'm on ignore, but here goes..It doesn't work for me I'm afraid, looks a bit like a human face on a pencil body drawing ...
I would like to see the original though :)

This isn't for me either. It smacks of someone playing with effect filters. What are you trying to achieve with this? What is the odd effect trying to do/say or make me think? Being brutal it looks like a girl placed over a drawing of a close up of an elephants eye! What's going on with the big white hole in her chest?

It's great to experiment but the end result needs to be pleasing or have some meaning/context. This looks kinda weird to me sorry. Keep playing and honing tho and see what crops up that helps to create a feeling and texture that has some added value to the image.

This isn't for me either. It smacks of someone playing with effect filters. What are you trying to achieve with this? What is the odd effect trying to do/say or make me think? Being brutal it looks like a girl placed over a drawing of a close up of an elephants eye! What's going on with the big white hole in her chest?

It's great to experiment but the end result needs to be pleasing or have some meaning/context. This looks kinda weird to me sorry. Keep playing and honing tho and see what crops up that helps to create a feeling and texture that has some added value to the image.

OK. its OK you're not feeling it you're not getting it, that's OK.;)

But you perhaps need to tell me what I'm supposed to be getting. What is it that you want me to 'get'?

looks a bit like a human face on a pencil body drawing ...
…because that's what it is!

I don't have the talent to draw or paint anything decent
but white walls or door frames. This image shows quite
obviously that someone has that talent and expressed
it in a surprising way.

This exercise has a valid graphic approach… a clever
composite! This kind of work is far above my pay level.

it in a surprising way.

i think you're possibly seeing human skill where there has perhaps been 'photoshop filters'

it in a surprising way.

Fair play to you I'm just saying to me it looks like the mobile phone face swapping apps my kids are addicted to messing around with.
I'm sure others opinions may differ and possibly some like yourself may love it. I'm just saying it's not doing it for me.

I don't mind the Image, but the background looks like pubic hair to me.
My thought too, I just didn't want to be the one to get on trouble for saying it ;)

i think you're possibly seeing human skill where there has perhaps been 'photoshop filters'
I understand your thoughts, I think, Phil!

…for PS to produce the "fusain" effect on the drawing,
there must be first a stroke which is a human skill and,
since this was possibly / probably a digital production,
it is supported by digital stroke effects… not a filter.

This is not taking away the artistic / graphic approach…
just supporting it. I don't have to like it or dislike it but
I recognize a talent I don't have.

I don't mind the Image, but the background looks like pubic hair to me.

It is, I shot it then imported it into PS and used it as my backdrop, inventive eh?
But you perhaps need to tell me what I'm supposed to be getting. What is it that you want me to 'get'?

Read the other posts I made, I've already explained.

it in a surprising way.

You shouldn't encourage me Zodiak, but here's a link to my paintings. https://www.flickr.com/photos/aeros4/albums/72157633198147558

It is, I shot it then imported it into PS and used it as my backdrop, inventive eh?

Read the other posts I made, I've already explained.
Ummm no you haven't. You've partially explained how but not why and what effect/thoughts you had while doing it. Given that is pubic hair I now don't think I want to know anymore.....

I discovered, in your recent threads, that
I am having greater and greater difficulties
understanding everything that is said.

Actually it has a lot going for it... At first glance the composition and "idea" work really well....
However when you look at it in detail it has some obvious weaknesses of drawing. The left hand is very weak even for a sketch, the shoulder line and arm proportion is wrong.
There are some tonal problems especially on the chest, and shadow visualisation and drawing fails on the neck
In fact the closer you look the greater the problems...
However I prefer to see a good idea or concept, with a few problems of execution, than Perfect blandness.

The question i find asking myself is why, what was the need, what is it saying?
And i can't find the answer to these questions.

to be honest, when I saw it, It reminded me of something, but I couldn't put my finger on it...

then it came to me...

db36ef024fc96b1fd60b09524f2c6cb4.jpg

sorry, but I think as a portrait, it doesn't really work - as an "art project" it's an interesting starting point / concept piece, but I think that the execution needs refining because at the moment the "sketched" hair really doesn't work.

Back