Zine Exchange VI: May - September 2023

In case anyone doesn't keep an eye on the printing forum, when I do the post for the next exchange in the new year, if you want to be notified when it kicks off, just reply to this thread with your interest and I'll tag you when I do it.
Defo (to reconfirm). Please don’t think that my use of yoof/Aussie slang makes me either.

Yes please. I was really disappointed that I couldn't get my act together this time around. From what I've seen this current set have been terrific.

Yes please, put me down for next year.

Mine's arrived too. How you get such great looking images is beyond my ken. Also - got to love those soft touch covers :)

I think that makes a complete set. Thanks to all the participants. It's been another great exchange and I've really enjoyed all of them.

My zines are now in the post so you should have them early next week. :)
Arrived with me this morning! A superb presentation, thank you. Lots of memories flooding back and good to see the use of analogue.

@KarenShootsFilm 's arrived this morning. It's incredibly professionally put together - the printing, design, paper and binding, and even the copright page. I presume this is something that's been produced for a wider audience than just this zine swap?

I'd be interested to know how you produced it and what the costs were? I'm not sure I'll ever go quite so professional with my efforts, but it'd be good to know nonetheless. :)

I've not offered feedback on any yet as they're all sat in a pile waiting to be read (and I've still to put mine together!).

Also - I still don't seem to get notifications for this part of the forum, even when I have threads watched. :(
oh yay, i am glad that you got it. I wouldn't say its terribly professional, I just love the soft finish option that you can get on mixam for the cover, I think that always makes the zines seem more premium, but the cost isn't much greater in the grand scheme of things.

thank you to everyone who sent me a zine :) I've been very slowly making my way through them all. I know my zine was a bit of an older one, I had a few copies left and the project that I was working on at the time ended sort of abruptly. Partly because I got burnt out from doing it so much and some of the people I was taking photos of started to get a bit entitled. I was doing it all for free and some of them were acting like I was hired by them so it all got a bit crap in the end. Anyway, would love to swap again and next time I will actually put together something new just for the swap :)

thank you to everyone who sent me a zine :) I've been very slowly making my way through them all. I know my zine was a bit of an older one, I had a few copies left and the project that I was working on at the time ended sort of abruptly. Partly because I got burnt out from doing it so much and some of the people I was taking photos of started to get a bit entitled. I was doing it all for free and some of them were acting like I was hired by them so it all got a bit crap in the end. Anyway, would love to swap again and next time I will actually put together something new just for the swap :)
i recognise your experience there. it's good to be liberated, no? :banana:

Not sure if this is the right thread to place this, but Affinity have one of their sales on at the moment with 40% off, including for Publisher.

Back