Zine Swap Round IV (May 2021 - October 2021)

Let me apologise to the 8 fellow participants in the current round.
My wonderful?? idea for constructing my zine has failed miserably this morning.
I will unfortunately have to send mine out just clipped together as I have no time to pursue an alternative.

Did it require folding? :)

I'm bad at folding.

Did it require folding? :)

I'm bad at folding.
no
inserting into spine bars
- paper too thick
- too many sheets
- printed too near left edge/spacing incorrect - 2 up on a4

I may try folding next time

all now collated and ready to go
will post tomorrow

Let me apologise to the 8 fellow participants in the current round.
I will unfortunately have to send mine out just clipped together as I have no time to pursue an alternative.
That's the spirit of zines though, home-brew (y)

A bit of a delay on mine, so apologies in advance (although they should still be with everyone by the end of the month). After a couple of months of having the house done up I've had little time or energy to pull my zine together and it's literally been this morning when I did the work. Mixam are quoting a week on Monday for delivery to me.

End of November is really a guideline more than a rule. I've had nothing yet, but accounting for the postal service here would have meant posting in January. Filmdev negs take (on average) 3 weeks to arrive. And that's three weeks after their postal date!

I've received 4 zines so far (and they are all great!), and received this last night, so assuming the Mixam package arrives, the zines will be going out today (labels already printed!!)

View attachment 335832

Looks like Mixam might have got a bit over-enthusiastic - yes its been printed but its waiting for DPD to pick up, so delivery to me later this week

So today I received zines from @Allan.H @Cloudforest and @londonbackpackr

Really really great work. I love a bit of text in the zines and that tiny bit of a history lesson in each was most welcome. What I've noticed is that the work going into these - especially things like image arrangement - keeps going up and up.

It's my favourite part of the exchange, as it just goes to show how good some of the photographers on TP actually are. Shooting to a cohesive theme, story, whatever you want to call it, really focusses the mind. These are not just "happy snaps" and (for me) are better for it.

Looking forward to my postie making the decision to deliver some more at some point...

So today I received zines from @Allan.H @Cloudforest and @londonbackpackr

Really really great work. I love a bit of text in the zines and that tiny bit of a history lesson in each was most welcome. What I've noticed is that the work going into these - especially things like image arrangement - keeps going up and up.

That's good to know, it's my first time making a zine and was a steep learning curve.

I wasn't even sure that the subject matter was a good idea but it was something that interested me.

Well mine are due to be delivered tomorrow, first time that Mixam haven’t got back to me with some kind of error that I’ve made. This hopefully means that I’m getting better at this lark, or it could be that the mother of all f*** ups has slipped through their net, either’s possible. Anyway I’ll find out tomorrow.

I’ve not opened any that I’ve received yet, I think I’ll do it in one sitting rather than piecemeal this time.

Well mine have been delivered but they all have a weird, feint pink margin around the full bleed images. No idea why, its not in the pdf and it’s the same template / settings that I used for the last 2 that I’ve done and they didn’t have this. I’ve put a query in with Mixam to see what they make of it.

Mine arrived this morning and are all in evelopes ready to be sent out to you all.

Sorry I've not commented on any of the ones I've received yet. Our cat Stan was run over and killed last Saturday night and so I've not really been feeling myself this week. :(

Sorry to hear your sad news Nige. It's always hard when you lose a pet.

Just had word back from Mixam that the fault on my zines is a production issue at their end, so they will be reprinting them. Very decent of them, hopefully I’ll get the new ones by the weekend so I can get them posted out Saturday / Sunday.

Huzzah!! My reprinted zines have turned up, they’ve done them correctly this time, or more or less anyway. The issue was a discoloured 5mm band around the edges of full bleed photos, they said it was an issue at their end. I can still see a slight issue on a couple of pictures but I can’t be bothered going back again. Might have to think again about going full bleed in future. I’ll try and stuff them in a letter box on Sunday.

Posted mine today
And received today! That's a whopping 4 weeks to deliver, but at least it got here. And it's worth the wait IMO. I've still got the jiffy bag with the postage label on it if you want to claim the postage back.

Also received one (unfranked!) from @FishyFish which brings my collection to 4 so far. I'm wondering which will take the longest to arrive. My guess is the one from @Mr Perceptive who lives a couple of miles away and probably had to do 2 trips through our broken sorting office.

Both really excellent zines. Games are definitely being stepped up.

I was going to wait for all of them to arrive before starting a 2022 exchange thread, but that might end up me starting it in March at this rate.

And received today! That's a whopping 4 weeks to deliver, but at least it got here. And it's worth the wait IMO. I've still got the jiffy bag with the postage label on it if you want to claim the postage back.

Also received one (unfranked!) from @FishyFish which brings my collection to 4 so far. I'm wondering which will take the longest to arrive. My guess is the one from @Mr Perceptive who lives a couple of miles away and probably had to do 2 trips through our broken sorting office.

I was going to wait for all of them to arrive before starting a 2022 exchange thread, but that might end up me starting it in March at this rate.

I thought we had bad post here - there was a change in rota's at the Northwich sorting office which has resulted in many delays, but I understand they have changed it back now. I nearly have a full set, just waiting for Andy's @viewfromthenorth

Glad it finally arrived
I may deliver by hand next time
Just waiting on @viewfromthenorth vie
Gary

Back