ZIPping files for upload (over 300MB)

Name
Imran
Edit My Images
Yes
I have recently done a project for a client who is based stateside... and I have 100 images to give him all in hi-res (total size about 300mb).

He has seen the images on a smaller scale and wishes to have them in hi-res format. Popping a CD in the post might be an option but I was thinking of making the most of the internet and putting them online for him to download.

Now.. I could upload them all to my website and he could download them individually., but I was thinking of zipping them up into archives allowing him to download.. say, 10 x 30mb files.

Is there any program that will either do this automatically for me (zipping it up, not uploading it)??

Any help would be appreciated.

7 zip.

Install
Open
Select files
Click Add.
Type in the Split At box 30000000 (30 milliion bytes = 30 meg)
Click OK

winrar, you can create a rar set (like zip files) and multi parts so you download each part then extract it out to the complete set.

you could have 20 x 15mb files so each is faster to up and download and then he can extract them, I believe winzip also does multi part files?

Many thanks guys for the prompt replies. I've opted for winrar (as I already have it on my laptop)... and thanks for the 15mb idea.

this should be problem solved.. many thanks again. :)

FTP may be an option for future clients...

Back