Zone Focusing

I only have one focus point on my old film camera, and it is right in the centre. It means everything I take a photo of, has to be right in the centre of the frame. Sometimes it looks awkward, as the subject would have looked better in the one third portion of the frame. If I were to position my subject on the rule of thirds line, the focus point misses them.

"Focus is locked when shutter release button is lightly pressed and stationary subject is in focus in Auto-Servo AF"

Sourced on internet.
As with most cameras, the af lock kicks in with the shutter button half pressed.
AFAIK you can then hold that focus and move the camera to recompose the frame in the viewfinder ( eg place the focused subject to the side) before pressing the button fully home and actually firing the shutter.

Last edited:
"Focus is locked when shutter release button is lightly pressed and stationary subject is in focus in Auto-Servo AF"

Sourced on internet.
As with most cameras, the af lock kicks in with the shutter button half pressed.
AFAIK you can then hold that focus and move the camera to recompose the frame in the viewfinder ( eg place the focused subject to the side) before pressing the button fully home and actually firing the shutter.

I found another work around, I simply focus on something, then flick the camera AF button off, then re compose. It seems to be working, a bit of a fiddle, but seems ok. :)

Back