zoom lens wanted for D60

Edit My Images
Yes
im looking for my first zoom lens for my D60 havent got a clue what im looking for as im new to all this so all help needed it will be used it for wildlife and family photos lookin at 70-300 or 55-200. so theres sigma or tamron these seem cheaper than the nikon ones are they ok ??

The third party lenses lack VR. Unless you use a tripod regularly, VR is probably something that you need on a long lens.

For wildlife you need the 70-300. Well really you need the 80-400 but that's a bit pricier.

Really depends on your budget.

The Nikon 70-300 VR is £291
The olesser non VR version is £79
The VR is the better lens but what can you afford?

The 55-200 VR is hard to beat, optically and for the price its a bargain.

I've used on on my D60, works a treat.

Welcome to the foum. I have the 70-300 VR which is a nice consumer lens, the 55-200 is OK but it's not to the same build quality as the 70-300.

P.S. In the English language "lens" is a word but it has nothing to do with an optical device (as defined by the Oxford English Dictionary), the word you want is Lens the plural of which is lenses due to the fact the last letter of the singular ends with "s". lens is actually a verb meaning to make lean. http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=717474&postcount=45

I've got the Sigma 70-300mm APO HSM for my D40, and for the price ~ £140 delivered, I'm very impressed with it.

I bought mine mainly for motorsport, so the VR wasn't critical to me, as the VR will fight against you when attempting to get panning shots !

Back