Zoomburst

Name
Shaheed
Edit My Images
No
Hi guys

As I was busy at work this week, I didn't get a chance to use the camera. Was getting a bit of withdrawal!! So today was sunny and was in the garden with the kids so I thought I'd try something new. Don't know much about it but basically gave the zoom ring a twist!

What's the best way to do it in terms of how big/quick q twist. What kind of shutter speeds is best to use? Had a go but I think it could definitely be better!

My Time by Sir SR, on Flickr

Thanks for your help/looking!

S

Try around 1/30th firing the shutter in between the start of the zoom and the end it's a bit hit and miss but a lot of fun. Also using a slow speed you could try zooming in or out slightly after tripping the shutter this will give a sharp centre zooming outwards but you may need to use a tripod. This technique works well in low light.

http://www.tonybarberphotography.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply. I think I shot at 1/50th in blazing sunshine going from 200 to 115mm approximately(?). Is it better to go from near to far or vice versa. Or does it not really matter?

Also does it matter which focus mode you're in?

Thanks again!

Last edited:
I would focus manually with this and try and get 1 subject near the center of your shot.

Back