Clud17-52-2010 Wk 27 Art

But... But...THEY'VE GOT NO CLOTHES ON!! Surely this should be NSFW!!!

Nice take on the Joker to be honest. I like your thinking, and at least it got your grey matter going along with the crowbar.

Enjoy your painkillers. Hope your knee gets better soon!

Ian.

LOL. Great idea. Hope your knee is better soon.

Jenny
thanks guys, its definitely on the mend and should be out and about next week

Excellent imagination (y)
thanks

love how you made what seems to be an outdoor theme indoors! :) love the set up of it, love the execution of it (y)

hope you get better soon!

Nice play on words and very funny idea. Hope you're up and about again soon.

love how you made what seems to be an outdoor theme indoors! :) love the set up of it, love the execution of it (y)

hope you get better soon!

Nice play on words and very funny idea. Hope you're up and about again soon.

Nice play on words.
Nope your knee gets better soon

Thanks guys, i'm hoping so to. I've been managing a few short walks to the end of the road but it dumped a load of snow down this morning so i'm not even going to try. I could do with a good indoor theme this week to get my teeth into as its getting a bit boring now sat watching TV

A clever interpretation, and it works (y)

Excellent stuff!!
Love it when people think this far out of the box.

Nice take on present, well put together.

After all the corny jokes :D great idea. (y)

Hi thanks for the comment on my 52...I have just looked through yours and love the ingenuity :D

I really like the 'chopped' idea.....I think maybe just bringing the perspective lower and maybe a slightly tighter crop would make it stronger but it is such a cool shot :)

A clever interpretation, and it works (y)

Excellent stuff!!
Love it when people think this far out of the box.

Great idea - well done!

Hope your knee is feeling a bit better by now.

Nice take on present, well put together.

After all the corny jokes :D great idea. (y)

Hi thanks for the comment on my 52...I have just looked through yours and love the ingenuity :D

I really like the 'chopped' idea.....I think maybe just bringing the perspective lower and maybe a slightly tighter crop would make it stronger but it is such a cool shot :)

Thanks everyone, i appreciate the comments.

Week 8 Mechanical
I've got mixed thoughts about this one, as i've been housebound for a couple of weeks i've been searching for something suitable to shoot. I have lots of things mechanical but nothing grabbed me. Ive been hobbling up to my closest field and i saw this object in the trees I decided this was perfect for the theme. I managed to get out today for a short time with my camera, i'm pretty pleased at this as i've gained a bit of control and freedom back. i used a couple of strobes to light it but because of movement restrictions (it was on a slippery bank) I wasn't able to set up and adjust properly. Still im giving myself a pat on the back for making it out and shooting before the week was up. By the was does anyone know what it might be, i have no idea?

The Mystery Machine
4395834268_53ab5baf17.jpg

levels tweaked a bit in CS4, a bit of dodge and burn and desaturated slightly.

Last edited:
Chris, I can't work it out at all, mate. I get no sense of scale. I like what you've done with the light, but feel it needed to be shot from a lower angle.

I like the lighting and the slight desat gives it some character, but the composition's not working for me. Appreciate you're still hobbling so we'll let you reshoot when you're healed :D

My neck hurts now after spending several minutes looking at your mechanical image trying to figure out what the heck it is......but I have no idea. But who cares? I really like the image and especially the lighting.
I hope you feel better soon too.

I like it, and the fact you don't know what it is draws you in even more.

I quite like it too, there are some interesting textures and I've no idea what it is either. Definitely fits the theme though :)

Well done Chris for getting out and getting this. It's an intriguing device

I like it, and the fact you don't know what it is draws you in even more.

I quite like it too, there are some interesting textures and I've no idea what it is either. Definitely fits the theme though :)
thanks, ive shown it to a few friends and they seem to think it may be a primitive sort of paint sprayer. Another pal then thought it may be used to spray white lines on a field.:shrug:
Well done Chris for getting out and getting this. It's an intriguing device
thanks, im going to try and get out more this week if the sun continues to shine.

yeh i see what you mean Dean, its about 4ft long, unfortunately getting down low is impossible for me at the moment:LOL:

When I typed that I had a funny feeling your mention of being housebound might have limited you a bit, mate!

but because of movement restrictions (it was on a slippery bank) I wasn't able to set up and adjust properly

What is it you would have done differently? Like Darren and Lee said, a different angle might have worked, but for me, there's not enough to draw your subject out of the background. My eyes have to hunt for detail.

It's definitely an interesting subject and a shame you couldn't get the shot you wanted with it. I have no idea how you could have lit the subject and got a bit more separation from the background though (ithout moving the thing), so I'm not much help really.

I also have no idea what it is.

Ian.

What is it you would have done differently? Like Darren and Lee said, a different angle might have worked, but for me, there's not enough to draw your subject out of the background. My eyes have to hunt for detail.

It's definitely an interesting subject and a shame you couldn't get the shot you wanted with it. I have no idea how you could have lit the subject and got a bit more separation from the background though (ithout moving the thing), so I'm not much help really.

I also have no idea what it is.

Ian.

I think that was the key Ian, i wanted to move it to get it out into the open a bit more, maybe onto the grass so it stood alone and then it would hold the eye a bit more. I think if i had moved it from the bank i would have felt more confident trying different angles. My problem is that I dont have an anterior cruciate ligament in my knee at the moment ( 2nd op planned for the summer) so im pretty unstable unless walking in a straight line.:)

thanks for the feedback

Well done on making the effort. It's a really interesting looking, er, thing. I have no idea what it is though.

It's a cracking shot and I think I know what it is too :D

Think weeds, think flame thrower. - I'm guessing but I reckon it's for burning large-ish areas of ground/paths/paved areas.

It's a cracking shot and I think I know what it is too :D

Think weeds, think flame thrower. - I'm guessing but I reckon it's for burning large-ish areas of ground/paths/paved areas.

Thanks mate and that's a pretty good call on the mystery machine too, its not very effective though as the weeds are rampant on that field, maybe its payback time for them:LOL:

Week 9 Play

Im quick off the mark this week, partly as this was an easy indoor shot and partly as i think a couple of others may do a similar take on this theme.
While i've been off work ive played a few hands of poker online to pass the hours, mostly unsuccessful too. :LOL: I also like a live game too and get together with my mates from time to time. Nothing quite beats the buzz of knowing you have "the nuts", the adrenaline kicks in and your heart starts pounding, face gets flushed and all you want is to push all in! Still, ive never been lucky enough to get a royal flush in a live game so the shot is a bit far fetched.

All in !
4401897419_3f5f94d194.jpg

Last edited:
i like it. i was trying some thing like this last night but scrapped it as i was tired and got ratty with myself lol. got some thing up my sleeve this evening, all been well

Catch up time for me Chris:

Mechanical - I like the Earthy tones in this shot. Like everyone else, I'm intrigued as to what exactly it is but I think the mystery helps to keep you looking, although Rob may be right in thinking it's some sort of weed-killing device.

Play - Nice DOF and well framed. Well done on getting it in early too.

Great shot - really like the colours and the dof.

:clap: Great minds think alike - I have just posted my week 9 and it is card playing :LOL:

Last edited:
Catch up time for me Chris:

Mechanical - I like the Earthy tones in this shot. Like everyone else, I'm intrigued as to what exactly it is but I think the mystery helps to keep you looking, although Rob may be right in thinking it's some sort of weed-killing device.

Play - Nice DOF and well framed. Well done on getting it in early too.

Great shot - really like the colours and the dof.

:clap: Great minds think alike - I have just posted my week 9 and it is card playing :LOL:

I like it. Is that a royal flush?

Cheers guys, and yes Lee it is a Royal Flush, something which i have never seen before in one of my hands, i live with hope though.:)

Mechanical - considering your current disability you have done really well to get this one. I like the arrangement and the processing and it certainly fits the theme. My first thought was a flame thrower but who knows?

Play - nice colours and use of DOF. The arrangement of the cards in the background seems very formal and doesn't convey excitement to me, but then I know nothing about poker so perhaps it is meant to be 'poker faces'. :D

Wow.

What a lovely shot. Great lighting and composition. And really really good use of DoF to blur those background cards but still let you know what they are. How many shots did it take? Did you know what to set your aperture to to get the DoF spot on like that? Or were you just lucky? :)

Ian.

That works really well Chris. Well lit, excellent colours, good composition too. The DOF works perfectly. :clap:

How's the moving about ? Are you recovering ?

Back