weekly Drodd's Photo52 for 2011 - Week 51, 52 and bonus: Light, Glass, Nature (post 1545)

See next post (this one didn't work out in the first instance)

Last edited:
Oh what the hell ... I already have an NSFW on my thread (not that I think this recent post warrants same ) but after having done the shoot tonight I couldn't let it go to waste, despite the fact that it may not be technically correct .... but if I don't post ... how will I ever learn .... so after much personal debate I am going to do it!

It is a follow on from last week's theme of sensual .... but hope it has a bit more 'kick ass' to it.

I'm hoping for a bit more of a relaxed theme this week ... I think we all need it! The last few have been quite challenging to say the least!!!!

Anywayz here is my last attempt at 'Elaborate' rather late than never (and hopefully the last of this series!):

5916655505_f737e673b2_b.jpg
[/url] Time (9759) by crystal_singer (drodd), on Flickr[/IMG]

5916652943_626acfd1ce_b.jpg
[/url] Elaborate by crystal_singer (drodd), on Flickr[/IMG]

Yes it is an elaboration of last week, but I couldn't think of anything better, so well timed.

What do you think?

Cheers

Dawn :)

dawn........ the setup didn't work for me... the bottle, the colour seemed all wrong, sorry..maybe that just me and why i don't do this sort of thing, maybe it was any PP you did ...boxes excused as i'm a voyeur in their lives... ;)

...but onto your next submission???

and where was the NSFW this time (i knew of the first set of posts).... where was the NotSafeForPplOfDickyTickers .... the mono looks good..i will comment no further for fear of breaching my blood pressure imposed by the doctor..though composition of the colour and the alignment of heels was nothing i studied too closely but did think worked far better... slight angle of lower leg adds wonders to the colour again...:thinking: ... i know my doctor does have a wonderful bedside manner first thing in the morning ;) ..but please for her sake...no more... my poor heartses can't take it.. and she has to get to work

..but how do you expect to read the time if some'one asks you, when its all the way down there..??? :naughty:

Hiya Dawn, I am going to go for the black and white version on this one, also looking on your flickr, the black and white one which has the extra space is really good too, I can't make my mind up which I prefer, I keep thinking the ones you have posted here are a little tight. Also I have been trying to think of other ways to have your legs positioned :)bang: sorry couldn't think of another way to word that :LOL:) but I can't think of anything that would improve these. A great take on elaborate.

OK Dawn,

You've up'ed your game, so I'm gonna be harsher in my criticism :bat:

Firstly, great idea to use something different to showcase the watch and well done for being brave enough to be the model. Not easy as you know.

You have great legs, so a good choice there :nuts:
However, the composition needs a bit more work. A good rule of thumb when shooting feet is the near foot should be between 90 and 45 degrees off set from the rear foot. So the near foot could have done with pointing into the shot slightly by turning it to camera a few degrees, then the rear foot could turn outwards and move slightly right. This would fill the shot, and balance it better. Also, you should pose with your weight on the rear foot, this turns the near leg naturally, and flatters the calf shape. (Which you can see you have started to do in the second shot)

I'm not a great fan of "ON CAMERA FLASH" and here you can clearly see you used it, as it gives unflattering shadows. I think you now have the skills to let some natural light into the room, and use that to give softer lit (but still well exposed) photos.

Overall, I like this, I love the concept, and think this is a whole magnitude of improvement over your previous efforts. :clap::clap:

Keep at it, I'm enjoying this journey (y)

Last edited:
Nice idea Dawn.

As Adie noted, there are some harsh shadows there.
I remember trying to control the shadows off the heels in my 'style' shot, it wasn't easy.

The reflection on the watch catches my eye too, which is a little distracting, and I'd prefer a little more space in the left of the frame.

All that said though, I like them.
I think I'm a fan of the colour version.

dawn........ the setup didn't work for me... the bottle, the colour seemed all wrong, sorry..maybe that just me and why i don't do this sort of thing, maybe it was any PP you did ...boxes excused as i'm a voyeur in their lives... ;)

...but onto your next submission???

and where was the NSFW this time (i knew of the first set of posts).... where was the NotSafeForPplOfDickyTickers .... the mono looks good..i will comment no further for fear of breaching my blood pressure imposed by the doctor..though composition of the colour and the alignment of heels was nothing i studied too closely but did think worked far better... slight angle of lower leg adds wonders to the colour again...:thinking: ... i know my doctor does have a wonderful bedside manner first thing in the morning ;) ..but please for her sake...no more... my poor heartses can't take it.. and she has to get to work

..but how do you expect to read the time if some'one asks you, when its all the way down there..??? :naughty:

Hiya Kev,

Thanks for the feedback, sorry the first elaborate shot didn't work for you. The only pp done to this pic was a crop ... otherwise SOOC. Granted though it may not be to everyone's taste.

As I already have an NSFW tagged to this thread I didn't see the reason, or even think the last photos required a tag. Although for your sake I possibly should have :LOL:

I will put the pins away now and hang up the stockings ;) But don't be surprised if there is something else that may appear later that may affect your 'dicky ticker' again :naughty:

As for telling the time if someone asks me .... well .... guess they would have to take a look for themselves :naughty:

Hiya Dawn, I am going to go for the black and white version on this one, also looking on your flickr, the black and white one which has the extra space is really good too, I can't make my mind up which I prefer, I keep thinking the ones you have posted here are a little tight. Also I have been trying to think of other ways to have your legs positioned :)bang: sorry couldn't think of another way to word that :LOL:) but I can't think of anything that would improve these. A great take on elaborate.

Hiya Michael

Thanks for the comments and feedback. I can't decide whether I like the B&W more than the colour ... perhaps because they are slightly different in ways.

I understand what you mean about the positioning ... Adie has pretty much helped me there with his explanation.

Glad you think it is a great take for the theme.

Nice idea Dawn.

As Adie noted, there are some harsh shadows there.
I remember trying to control the shadows off the heels in my 'style' shot, it wasn't easy.

The reflection on the watch catches my eye too, which is a little distracting, and I'd prefer a little more space in the left of the frame.

All that said though, I like them.
I think I'm a fan of the colour version.

Hiya Neil,

Thanks for the comments and feedback. Ahhh I recall now your 'style' shot ... indeed it wasn't easy trying to avoid the shadow, especially when wearing the shoes and having to find the focus using a faux prop and then setting the timer and jumping into position again .... I have really set myself some challenges the last few weeks, but at least is has kept me on my toes :D

Thanks again everyone for the constructive feedback.

Cheers

OK Dawn,

You've up'ed your game, so I'm gonna be harsher in my criticism :bat:

Firstly, great idea to use something different to showcase the watch and well done for being brave enough to be the model. Not easy as you know.

You have great legs, so a good choice there :nuts:
However, the composition needs a bit more work. A good rule of thumb when shooting feet is the near foot should be between 90 and 45 degrees off set from the rear foot. So the near foot could have done with pointing into the shot slightly by turning it to camera a few degrees, then the rear foot could turn outwards and move slightly right. This would fill the shot, and balance it better. Also, you should pose with your weight on the rear foot, this turns the near leg naturally, and flatters the calf shape. (Which you can see you have started to do in the second shot)

I'm not a great fan of "ON CAMERA FLASH" and here you can clearly see you used it, as it gives unflattering shadows. I think you now have the skills to let some natural light into the room, and use that to give softer lit (but still well exposed) photos.

Overall, I like this, I love the concept, and think this is a whole magnitude of improvement over your previous efforts. :clap::clap:

Keep at it, I'm enjoying this journey (y)

Hiya Adie,

Thanks for the much appreciated constructive critique and feedback. I'm sure with the Master Classes I should improve over the coming weeks ;) So be as harsh as you want as that will kick me into gear :D

Indeed I have decided to up my game and I want this second half to be the part where I develop my skills further.

Thanks for the leg compliment .... composition is definitely an area I need to pay more attention to as I don't always seem to get that right. Thanks for the explanation about how to position the feet, that makes more sense and I can see what you mean.

I think my next purchase is going to have to be an off camera flash, and I think I will have to get one soon as it will prove an important accessory in furthering my photography. Any recommendations of what is a good one to use?

Unfortunately there wasn't any natural light last night when I took these shots as it was dark (although I have just noticed the time on the watch was wrong :LOL:) If it had been that time I could have made use of the daylight.

I'm sure the 2nd Master Class covering exposure will teach me more about this subject and I'll understand it better.

I'm glad you like the concept and that you think this is an improvement on previous.

I too am really enjoying this journey ;)

Thanks again for all your help.

Cheers

Hiya Dawn :wave:

Wow - you've been very busy since I last looked in here. Looks like you're getting a lot out of this 52 . . . you even managed to restrain yourself from diving into your birthday treats before you'd got a shot of them.

While I like the "official" elaborate birthday shot because of what it shows, I have to say that the B&W elaboration on the sensual theme edges it on artistic merit. It has a certain elegance and simplicity to it that works well.

This is another one where I can't resist commenting on some other shots, although I promised to restrict myself to last week's :D
Both the woodland fairy series for hidden (I absolutely love that coat BTW) and the wedding dress shot (can't remember what theme that was) stand out for me. Creative, well executed and a pleasure to look at.

Hiya Dawn :wave:

Wow - you've been very busy since I last looked in here. Looks like you're getting a lot out of this 52 . . . you even managed to restrain yourself from diving into your birthday treats before you'd got a shot of them.

While I like the "official" elaborate birthday shot because of what it shows, I have to say that the B&W elaboration on the sensual theme edges it on artistic merit. It has a certain elegance and simplicity to it that works well.

This is another one where I can't resist commenting on some other shots, although I promised to restrict myself to last week's :D
Both the woodland fairy series for hidden (I absolutely love that coat BTW) and the wedding dress shot (can't remember what theme that was) stand out for me. Creative, well executed and a pleasure to look at.

Hiya Sarah :wave:

Thanks for popping past for a catch up and for the lovely comments.

Indeed I have been very busy and I am still thoroughly enjoying this Photo52 and learning each day, although there is still so much to learn.

:LOL: yes I did manage to restrain myself from indulging in the birthday goodies, before getting the shot, however I did partake in a few sips of champers whilst doing the pic :D

I'm glad you like the B&W shot for elaborate ... and as you describe is just what I was aiming to achieve with the image, so thanks for the comment.

Thanks too for taking time to have a peek at the other weeks, the woodland fairy ones for hidden are some that I really enjoyed taking. BTW the coat is a 'Nomads' design and one of my favourite coats. The wedding dress shot for 'Promise' was also one of my favourites from this project, I am quite pleased with the results of that one.

Your feedback is much appreciated and thanks for taking the time to comment.

Cheers

Elaborate (second picture) with the watch on the ankle.. lovely. Prefer it over #1 of those as you have a hint of the left leg. I'm 50/50 on the flash/light reflected on it. Good composition tho :)

Hiya Vince,

Thanks for the comments and feedback, much appreciate (y)

Cheers

Hiya Dawn
I think the colour image works better, the flash on the watch is very distracting unfortunately it kills the overall effect IMHO, however there are measures you can take to avoid unwated reflection,

1. Diffusion of flash - basically fitting a diffuser over the flash to help spread the light and make it less harsh, even a plain piece of paper could do this with some elastic bands

2. Bounce flash - exactly as the title says, it's a method of bouncing the flash off a ceiling, wall, reflector ect.

3 Manual control - If you want direct lighting without harsh light, try dialing down your flash gun's power, or if you are using the pop up flash, it should be in the menus to allow you to set the power output of the flash.

Nice idea, love the composition (y)

:)

Hiya Dawn
I think the colour image works better, the flash on the watch is very distracting unfortunately it kills the overall effect IMHO, however there are measures you can take to avoid unwated reflection,

1. Diffusion of flash - basically fitting a diffuser over the flash to help spread the light and make it less harsh, even a plain piece of paper could do this with some elastic bands

2. Bounce flash - exactly as the title says, it's a method of bouncing the flash off a ceiling, wall, reflector ect.

3 Manual control - If you want direct lighting without harsh light, try dialing down your flash gun's power, or if you are using the pop up flash, it should be in the menus to allow you to set the power output of the flash.

Nice idea, love the composition (y)

:)

Hiya Emily,

Thank you for your valued input ....everything taken on board. Guess you are the one person who knows how I feel at this time. Cheers Dx

Hi, well I know bugger all about on or off camera flash I won't comment too much on that aspect of the photograph, save to say the upper side of the shoes (nnniiiicceee shoes, BTW) seems over exposed and the light in the watch (very nice watch, BTW, I simply don't have the legs to carry that one off :puke:).

#1 is nice but #2 is really great. Like the red BG and I can kind of see what Adie is saying about composition. In #2 I think a slight front left angle photograph would work.

Anyway, as has been said, nice legs and big (y) for once again pushing your boundaries.

Cheers.

Hi, well I know bugger all about on or off camera flash I won't comment too much on that aspect of the photograph, save to say the upper side of the shoes (nnniiiicceee shoes, BTW) seems over exposed and the light in the watch (very nice watch, BTW, I simply don't have the legs to carry that one off :puke:).

#1 is nice but #2 is really great. Like the red BG and I can kind of see what Adie is saying about composition. In #2 I think a slight front left angle photograph would work.

Anyway, as has been said, nice legs and big (y) for once again pushing your boundaries.

Cheers.

Hiya Andy,

Thanks for the comments and compliments. I agree the composition, lighting and positioning could be improved on and all comments and suggestions have been noted.

This project is at times challenging me to push my boundaries and is making me take my photography more serious. I am really enjoying learning from this.

Cheers

Hi, I was perusing members websites and came across this photograph (hope it's not against the rules to post this...:thinking:)

Anyway, I really like how the shoes are composed/framed/exposed. Few tips for any future show photographs??

Cheers.

Hiya,

Just popping past to say I am really stumped on this week's theme .... I have so many ideas ... but just can't seem to formalise them :bang: Maybe it is a case of too much celebrating that is hindering me :LOL:

Anyway, I just hope to have some inspiration soon so I can post before the next theme.

Thanks again for all your continued support and encouragement.

Cheers

Hi Dawn, I've found my way back to the 52.
just had a quick look through your last three weeks shots.

Rescue: you're processing on this shot did what you set out to do. First thing I thought when I saw it was that there was a fire. As you said faults could be picked with it technically but it fits the theme and the processing makes the shot more dramatic. Good rescue.

Sensual: This was my first idea too but fishnets on hairy legs don't really say sensual quite the same.

Elaborate: Happy birthday! (belated) I noticed earlier when you posted on my thread that there was a new camera in your profile. Now I know why and why you asked about my birthday (6th too)
I think my favourite part of the shot is the enlarged shadow of the glass. Maybe worth trying to replicate that part of it with a smoother background, more as a product type shot and not for this theme.
Looking forward to seeing shots with your 50mm it really is a fantastic lens and I'm sure you will have a great time with it.

Hi Dawn, I've found my way back to the 52.
just had a quick look through your last three weeks shots.

Rescue: you're processing on this shot did what you set out to do. First thing I thought when I saw it was that there was a fire. As you said faults could be picked with it technically but it fits the theme and the processing makes the shot more dramatic. Good rescue.

Sensual: This was my first idea too but fishnets on hairy legs don't really say sensual quite the same.

Elaborate: Happy birthday! (belated) I noticed earlier when you posted on my thread that there was a new camera in your profile. Now I know why and why you asked about my birthday (6th too)
I think my favourite part of the shot is the enlarged shadow of the glass. Maybe worth trying to replicate that part of it with a smoother background, more as a product type shot and not for this theme.
Looking forward to seeing shots with your 50mm it really is a fantastic lens and I'm sure you will have a great time with it.

Hiya Colin (my twin :D),

So glad you have found your way back :LOL: Thought you had got lost for a moment :p

Thanks for your in-depth feedback of the last few weeks, much appreciated (y)

Glad you can see what I was aiming for with the rescue shot ... although not technically the best .... but heyho, it was a challenge in post processing.

Thank you for sparing us from fishnets with hairy legs :puke: I don't that would have amused many (especially Kev) :LOL:

Thanks for noticing about the 'newish' camera .... and glad you noticed the elongated shadow of the glass ... which is what I like most about the photo. I can see what you say about the replication ... maybe something for me to work with as a separate challenge at some time .... although next time I won't consume so much of the product during production :LOL:

I am sure I will have great fun with the 50mm ... I have already taken a few shots with it and it is ace for portraits.

Thanks again for popping past .... and hey... I now know who celebrate birthday with next year ;)

Cheers

Indeed, and I'l be 28 again next year. Won't be long until it's the 28th time I've celebrated that.

:LOL: I know what you mean .... I celebrated my 2nd 21st this year :p

Although ... to be honest I think I stopped at 23 .... it was a good year for me and I am still very much 23 at heart and in spirit :D

Oh it is good to be .... and feel young ... after all age is just a number .... what counts is how one feels inside .... so good for you (y)

Cheers

Hi Dawn, sory I haven't posted that much lately but am going to try to make more time over the remainder of this 52. (how do you keep with the pace and keep in touch so well, you are a real trooper!!)

Elaborate: Like alot of the others I think the B&W shot is the better of the two. The processing with the viginette and the composition make the improvement.

Celebrate: Congrats on the new toy and hope it bring you many great shots. Im not sure about this shot though as I feel that it is missing something?? It is a nice idea all the same :clap:

Sensual: A great set there. (both legs and pics ;)) You've obviously went to alot of trouble with these with the set-up and props. The last one tops the lot for me.

Rescue: As you say the pic lacks clarity but this doesnt matter one bit as the grainy feel matches the subject.

Hidden: Some lovely bright abstract pics here. I like the fibre optic ones (I must admit that I thought this was fireworks at first glance) Some real atristic creativity going on in your head :clap:

Twisted: A great clean crisp shot there!!

Hi Dawn, sory I haven't posted that much lately but am going to try to make more time over the remainder of this 52. (how do you keep with the pace and keep in touch so well, you are a real trooper!!)

Elaborate: Like alot of the others I think the B&W shot is the better of the two. The processing with the viginette and the composition make the improvement.

Celebrate: Congrats on the new toy and hope it bring you many great shots. Im not sure about this shot though as I feel that it is missing something?? It is a nice idea all the same :clap:

Sensual: A great set there. (both legs and pics ;)) You've obviously went to alot of trouble with these with the set-up and props. The last one tops the lot for me.

Rescue: As you say the pic lacks clarity but this doesnt matter one bit as the grainy feel matches the subject.

Hidden: Some lovely bright abstract pics here. I like the fibre optic ones (I must admit that I thought this was fireworks at first glance) Some real atristic creativity going on in your head :clap:

Twisted: A great clean crisp shot there!!

Hiya Ciaran,

Great to see you back with us, I'll pop over to check your catch-up session in a moment. As for how I keep pace with this project and keeping up with everyone else .... well it is a challenge in itself at times, but I set out at the start to make this one of my main focuses this year (it keeps me out of mischief :naughty::LOL:) not to mention I want to learn as much as I can and develop my photography, so just have to make time.

Thank you for your in-depth review of the past few weeks and the compliments too .... much appreciated (y)

As for the new toy ... I am enjoying same and they will definitely help in my photography progress.

Glad to see you are back!

Cheers

Hi Ya

sorry for taking to so long to catch up with your thread:crying:

Elaborate 1....nice lens there missus...always good to treat your self on your special day & with cake too(y) Love the set up & lighting as well :clap:

Elaborate...beautiful ankle chain....bang on theme as usual , prefer the color verions for more detail in the watch face & love the contrast between the backdrop & the shoes(y)

What with your Sensual shot & the elaborate shot me thinks you have a naughty side :D

Last edited:
Hi Ya

sorry for taking to so long to catch up with your thread:crying:

Elaborate 1....nice lens there missus...always good to treat your self on your special day & with cake too(y) Love the set up & lighting as well :clap:

Elaborate...beautiful ankle chain....bang on theme as usual , prefer the color verions for more detail in the watch face & love the contrast between the backdrop & the shoes(y)

What with your Sensual shot & the elaborate shot me thinks you have a naughty side :D

Hiya Lynne,

Thanks, and no need to make apologies, I know how busy you must have been lately with all the pics you have been taking ;)

Oh and as for treating oneself .... always a good thing! especially where cake is involved!

Glad you like the colour version of 'elaborate' because that is the one I prefer too.

As for 'sensual' and 'elaborate' combined ....equating to a 'naughty' side .... hey you have met me (well ..... with child en toe) so ....... I'll leave it up to you to decide :LOL: .... but guess you may be right there ;)

BTW have you seen my post http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=3848612&postcount=1397 It is great though!

Cheers

HA! At least you managed to get my best side.....the camera is always my best side :LOL: hope your camera survived the shot!

& fear not ms Drodd....I have some of you lurking somewhere on the memory cards... :naughty:

Now I'm really looking forward to the 52's get together...(y)

I'm hoping to get the sheffield event photo's sorted this weekend ....along with 300-400 from the last 2 days as I've been down to Longleat Safari....& already planning n plotting how to fund a return trip :D

HA! At least you managed to get my best side.....the camera is always my best side :LOL: hope your camera survived the shot!

& fear not ms Drodd....I have some of you lurking somewhere on the memory cards... :naughty:

Now I'm really looking forward to the 52's get together...(y)

I'm hoping to get the sheffield event photo's sorted this weekend ....along with 300-400 from the last 2 days as I've been down to Longleat Safari....& already planning n plotting how to fund a return trip :D

My dear friend.....

so I take it my head is spared on this occasion ;)

You have some of moi? .... please don't post ... although I guess revenge is sweet :LOL: so can't blame you on that one!

Have to agree though ... I did get a good shot of you, as for best side ... you are a gem and I think all sides would look good (sure Kev will agree with that one (y) :LOL:)

Indeed looking forward to the 52 meet ... it will be a blast and we'll have a great time :naughty: ;)

Cheers

Mug Shot wars.
I'll have to grow a comb over for our meet, just so I look my best!

I'll have to bring the shears then :LOL: ..... comb over's don't tickle my fancy :p.... :thinking:

:LOL:

D :)

No crit tonight but I have liked what I have seen so far....;)

Looks like you like to be the model....:nuts: I will take some images of you when you come to mine soon....:D

Dave:wave:

No crit tonight but I have liked what I have seen so far....;)

Looks like you like to be the model....:nuts: I will take some images of you when you come to mine soon....:D

Dave:wave:

Hiya Dave

Thanks for popping past .... and your sentiment speaks more than words ;)

As for me being the model ... well that is debatable .... only selective parts of me :p However, I am looking forward to our time in the studio next month ;) Is there any particular attire you would like me to pack? ;) It could be great fun and a true learning and confidence building experience for me. I'm also looking forward to you getting some good shots of me and Reuben .... and hopefully I will be able to get some great shot for you and your family too (under your coaching) .... I can't wait. BTW I have made further progress tonight with my holiday plans and following our visit to you we will be heading to Bath and staying with a friend who was my best buddy in primary school! Lots of vino and giggles will be the order of the visit :D

Have a great weekend!

Cheers

Hiya Dave

. only selective parts of me :p I'm also looking forward to you getting some good shots of me and Reuben .... and hopefully I will be able to get some great shot for you and your family too (under your coaching) .... I
Have a great weekend!

Cheers

I will take whatever images you want and feel comfy with.

You will leave mine with some awesome images of reuben. Taken by myself & you. We will also get shots of the two of you together....

What would you guys like for tea... chinese or indian... " My treat..."

I will take whatever images you want and feel comfy with.

You will leave mine with some awesome images of reuben. Taken by myself & you. We will also get shots of the two of you together....

What would you guys like for tea... chinese or indian... " My treat..."

Aww ... you are such a gent ... thank you ..... I do have some ideas which I will chat to about later.

I am sure we will leave yours with some of the BEST images and that is something I am most looking forward to as I don't really have many of me and my son because I am always behind the camera.

As for tea .... I love both .... but Roo is more partial to Chinese ... he absolutely loves prawn toast ... so we may be best with that option ... and thank you, saves me stirring up a cauldron brew for you in the campervan :LOL:

OMG I am going to have to start a tally sheet soon for the holiday countdown :D

Cheers

Just let me know when you will be arriving and I will sort out something to do for everyone ....(y)

See you soon :wave:

Just let me know when you will be arriving and I will sort out something to do for everyone ....(y)

See you soon :wave:

Thanks Dave, I'll PM you the dates we plan to arrive .... look forward to meeting all of you and Roo is so excited about the holiday and can't wait to meet your kids .... they will get on so well and have a brilliant time.

Cheers

Hiya

Well this week has been a hectic one and I was almost wondering if I would manage to finish this week's theme in time.

Anyway, after a fantastic day out in Sheffield last Sunday, and over a 1000 photos taken I was pleased to see that I had some to fit the theme of 'Celebrate'.

The weather was gorgeous and people were out and about celebrating life ... which I thought was quite apt for this theme.

So here I have two images for this theme:

1. Celebrate ... Fun, Youth, Laughter and Life

5942759271_dcd7aae219_b.jpg
[/url]
Celebrate ... Fun, Youth, Laughter and Life by crystal_singer (drodd), on Flickr[/IMG]

This is my son, Reuben, who had a great time playing in the water fountains outside the Sheffield Town Hall. It was such a pleasure to watch him enjoying himself and celebrating his youth by just being a child .... I was almost tempted to join him ... but didn't want to get too close to the water with my camera (I've spent enough on camera repair due to water).

I also decided to do something in b&w this time .... which I think has worked out okay, not something I normally do ... so any comments will be appreciated.

2. Celebrate .... Life

5943081131_06a0f9b960_b.jpg
[/url]
Celebrate Life by crystal_singer (drodd), on Flickr[/IMG]

As I mentioned the weather was fantastic and the people in the Peace Gardens were just enjoying themselves, relaxing, chatting, laughing, kids running around chasing the birds etc ... which made me think that this is how life should be celebrated. It was such a happy day and the sunshine certainly helped lift the spirit.

Thanks to you all for the comments and feedback on last week, much appreciated (y)

Please feel free to comment or critique these for this week.

Now that I am up-to-date, I can sit back and relax while I think of what to do for the new theme.

Cheers

Last edited:
dawn...these shots are good..i love them... good capture for the theme... (y)

roo in the fountains of life???... and a mono conversion... brilliant..glad to see you had good weather...we got the sun about 3 o'clock ..but by then i was a drowned rat... :( with no pictures)

dawn...these shots are good..i love them... good capture for the theme... (y)

roo in the fountains of life???... and a mono conversion... brilliant..glad to see you had good weather...we got the sun about 3 o'clock ..but by then i was a drowned rat... :( with no pictures)

Hiya Kev,

Thank you for the kind words ..... like the phrase 'fountains of life' ... he sure was having a lively time in them ... especially as the jets got higher ... he had his trousers rolled up ... but not that it helped much as he still got wet :LOL:

I quite like the mono conversion ... I may have to try more of this in the future.

Cheers

Back