weekly Drodd's Photo52 for 2011 - Week 51, 52 and bonus: Light, Glass, Nature (post 1545)

Hiya Dawn,

I've lost time again, lovely shots of Reuben, he looked like he had a fanstastic time,

fast forward to this week's theme, the smell of cut grass, is one of the nicest smells there is, along with fresh rain and axel grease, :)

however I'm deviating, the cut grass photo looks ok but a tad over exposed,
the money shot is well "on the money"
mixed cheeses, excellent composition

well done (y)

:)

<snip>grass cutting, theme fitting but there just seems to be something wrong with the green of the green grass.. maybe me... maybe my monitor..maybe the fact i didn't know you were taking this shot and worried when you texted last and flamed me for stealing your idea..

take 2... YOU rotter... i was saving my pennies desperately trying to find all of the coins to complete the set.... damn you Dawnster... YOU win this time... but i'll be back... i'm sure i have a three pound note with a mis print on it that i can submit for WEIRD...

and finally take 3... you always manage to do good product photography..how do you do it.. this looks delicious as inviting... may i tuck into the grapes now...my ONLY wonder is.. is the crop a little tight.? and is the sausage a little OOF..? could be the last of the homemade potato wine i finished off tonight ...... we'll wait for others to comment.

...and don't worry.. i should have another batch of chateux Maris Piper 2011 by the meet date...2 days ago they were still in ground...

Hiya Kev,

Yes .... stealing my idea :LOL: Although I did get my shot before you, just took me longer to upload :p As for the grass ... I also thought it looked a tad funny colour, could be the light ... but then I've had another look at the grass outside today and it does have a 'yellowish' hue to it .... after all it is not crown bowling green grass :LOL:

As for the pennies shot :banana: ... I'm so glad I managed to get the set (thanks to Matt for the 50p). If there are any coins you are missing I may have some for you (except the 50p)! Had to chuckle at your £3 note ... only you could think of that :LOL:

Thanks for your comments about the 'cheese' photo. It was quite a close shot and I intended it to be quite a tight crop. I think the OOF sausage could be due to the shallow DOF as I took this at a low angle.

Look forward to the chateux Maris Piper 2011 at the meet (y)

again you come up with the goods not just as a also ran but a high flyer i cant say anything else other then superb, every time, every shot ,every theme i mean love the idea about the smell of grass , classic (y)

Hiya Paul, thanks for your kind comments.

Hiya Dawn, 3 nice pics there. All bang on the theme. My 2 faves are the cheese and the money photos. I remember Colin's pic, I have all the coins waiting to be photographed, I just haven't got around to doing it yet. Yours looks really good, the background and lighting are spot on. I love your cheese and cracker selection. The crop is a bit tight, but I think it adds to the photo tbh, it really does draw you in. I love cheese, but can't eat the stiltons though, put me flat on my back with a migraine! Anyway I am rambling. I look forward to seeing your takes on "weird" !(y)

Hiya Michael, thank you for you comments. You need to get your coin photo done some time ... believe me though I had to take a few shots, it is not easy aligning them (especially with shaky hands). For the background I used black velvet which I think make the coins stand out nicely ... also it was a bit easier to manoeuvre the coins on fabric as opposed to a smooth surface and the lighting was natural light (well darkened natural light using wax paper and curtains).

Agree the crop is tight on the cheese shot but I wanted the focus to be on the cheese selection as such.

As for the 'weird' theme ... I have no idea yet what I am going to do for that one.

Hiya Dawn,

I've lost time again, lovely shots of Reuben, he looked like he had a fanstastic time,

fast forward to this week's theme, the smell of cut grass, is one of the nicest smells there is, along with fresh rain and axel grease, :)

however I'm deviating, the cut grass photo looks ok but a tad over exposed,
the money shot is well "on the money"
mixed cheeses, excellent composition

well done (y)

Hiya Emily

Thanks for popping past for a catch up and for the kind comments and critique. I agree the grass is perhaps a tad over exposed .... which I put down to the direction of the sun, the angle from which I was shooting this pic and also the moisture from the cut grass didn't help either. But heyho it was really a quick snap as I wasn't too well and jumped at the opportunity when I saw the tractor.

Glad you like the money and cheeses shots, thanks for the comments.

Much appreciated feedback from all of you.

Cheers

Dawn :)

Hi Dawn, hope you're feeling better.

I'm with Kev on the grass, the colour of the field looks odd, but the grass cuttings on the tractor look fine :thining:

I like the coins, I promised myself when I saw Colin's shot that I'd this for my dad as he collects coins.

Cheese, such a famous word in photography!
This really says smell and I think is the best of the three, but it looks a little soft to me

Hi Dawn, hope you're feeling better.

I'm with Kev on the grass, the colour of the field looks odd, but the grass cuttings on the tractor look fine :thining:

I like the coins, I promised myself when I saw Colin's shot that I'd this for my dad as he collects coins.

Cheese, such a famous word in photography!
This really says smell and I think is the best of the three, but it looks a little soft to me

Hi Neil,

Thanks I'm starting to feel a bit better now ... the meds are kicking in.

Okay, I've had a play with the grass one .... what do you think of this:

5969842896_f29e7fab39_b.jpg
[/url]
IMG_1294 by crystal_singer (drodd), on Flickr[/IMG]

Glad you like the coin shot, I'm quite pleased with how that one has turned out. It was not easy collecting the coins, but got there in the end (took over 2 months to find them all).

Indeed, cheese is famous word in photography :D Thanks for the comments, now that I look at it again ... it may be a bit soft ... I'll have to see if I have a sharper shot as I took quite a few as I was playing around with different angles and lighting.

Cheers

Hi Dawn

You always manage to astonish me with the thought you put into your theme exploring each so much, with varied takes on it, a good cross section of shots that all fit the theme well, good thinking :clap:

Hi Dawn, I missed the original grass shot but the one you have posted now looks good. When I first looked at it the cab of the tractor didn't look quite right to my eye. With further investigation and viewing it on flickr it looks much better. For some reason the smaller size displayed gives a slightly soft look to the tractor. Or maybe it's my eyes.

The coin shot, I was waiting to see when you would get full set. The 50p was the one I waited longest for too. Prefer your blackground to the one I ended up using. Being hyper critical I will point out that the 20p is very slightly out of alignment. And from experience I can forgive that.

Lastly the cheese shot which would be my pick of the three. My only crit with this is the height of the shot, I would prefer a bit more height to it. Obviously as it is that would give dead space above but I don't mind that. The lighting is really good on this and worth the effort you went to. Each biscuit or cheese really stand out from each other.

Hi Dawn

You always manage to astonish me with the thought you put into your theme exploring each so much, with varied takes on it, a good cross section of shots that all fit the theme well, good thinking :clap:

Hi Dave,

Thank you for the kind words and comments. I do try each week to view the themes in a different way. I think I may have pushed myself a bit too much yesterday as I have had to spend the majority of today sleeping. I need to learn how to pace myself and not do too much at once ... easier said than done though.

Hi Dawn, I missed the original grass shot but the one you have posted now looks good. When I first looked at it the cab of the tractor didn't look quite right to my eye. With further investigation and viewing it on flickr it looks much better. For some reason the smaller size displayed gives a slightly soft look to the tractor. Or maybe it's my eyes.

The coin shot, I was waiting to see when you would get full set. The 50p was the one I waited longest for too. Prefer your blackground to the one I ended up using. Being hyper critical I will point out that the 20p is very slightly out of alignment. And from experience I can forgive that.

Lastly the cheese shot which would be my pick of the three. My only crit with this is the height of the shot, I would prefer a bit more height to it. Obviously as it is that would give dead space above but I don't mind that. The lighting is really good on this and worth the effort you went to. Each biscuit or cheese really stand out from each other.

Hiya Colin,

Thank you for the comments and critique. I know what you mean about the cab ... I too thought the same, but when I view the larger version it doesn't appear the same. I have noticed recently that when uploading images from Flickr they tend to look slightly different here on the thread :shrug: The previous photo seems to have disappeared ... so I have had to replace it with the edited version. Anyway the problem with the first was that the grass appeared yellowish/green .... but with a touch of gradient filter I have managed to sort that out, although to get that right.

I don't know why the 50p coin is the most difficult to find :shrug: I've had loads of 1p, 2p and 5p coins and only a couple of the 10p and £1 coins. I thought the black velvet worked quite well as a background too. It is a pain to try to get all of these aligned to take the shot. I did think of taking a shot of each and then trying to align them in PP (but my skills are not that advanced yet :LOL:) ... so it was easier for me just to do it manually. You mention about the 20p being off alignment .... I thought that too at first, but if I had to move it slightly it would then not line up with the verticals on the 2p coin. I think what throws it out is where horizontal line on the 20p intersects with the bevelled edge.

With the cheese shot I may revisit it and give it some more height. I'm glad this is the one most people are liking because this was my original idea ... and having bought the props on Tuesday, but not getting round to taking the shot till yesterday, I thought I better get it done as I wanted to tuck into the cheeses. So there is now not chance of a re-shoot :D

Thanks again for your feedback.

Cheers

A plethora of smells.....

#1, freshly mown grass, one of them nostalgic smells that always takes me back to my childhood. Well composed and very green grass....

Pity you didn't have a 300mm so you could zoom right in on the cutting edge and freeze the grass...

#2, very well composed and (y) for saving and planning for the theme. I can't really fault it.

#3, cheese, not something that sprung to mind for me so well done for coming up with an origional take.

It appears slightly soft, especially at the top and bottom. I suspect metering was not the easiest. The white of the garlic appears over exposed. The BG is slightly distracting for me.

Composition is spot on.

Well done for coming up with the goods again.

Cheers.

A plethora of smells.....

#1, freshly mown grass, one of them nostalgic smells that always takes me back to my childhood. Well composed and very green grass....

Pity you didn't have a 300mm so you could zoom right in on the cutting edge and freeze the grass...

#2, very well composed and (y) for saving and planning for the theme. I can't really fault it.

#3, cheese, not something that sprung to mind for me so well done for coming up with an origional take.

It appears slightly soft, especially at the top and bottom. I suspect metering was not the easiest. The white of the garlic appears over exposed. The BG is slightly distracting for me.

Composition is spot on.

Well done for coming up with the goods again.

Cheers.

Hiya Andy

Thanks for the comments and feedback. The green wasn't originally this green, it had a yellowish hue to it, but after Neil and Kev pointed that out I have edited it to make the grass green. As for the zoom on the blades ... I didn't think of that. I had the 50-200 lens on so could have probably got such a shot, although I was wanting to get the cut grass more than the blade.

I can what you mean about soft at top and bottom. I didn't want the background to show too much, hence why I went for a tighter crop.

Cheers

Hi hun ,glad to see you're feeling a bit better.....but try taking it easy for while(y)

Even when you're down you come up with some great work !

Love the cut grass shot....definately smells wonderfull & the slight edit you did worked wonders for the colors ...(y)

Great shot of the coins...I still have my collection waiting to be photographed but using them for this theme never occured to me:bonk: Great clarity , good use of the velvet for a background....brilliant work :clap:

Now...Cheese....agree totally on it fitting them theme...generally the smellier the better with cheese so top marks for choosing a platter of lovelies for the theme with the addition of the grapes to set it off :clap: The lighting is spot on , clayout just right & the close crop works well as it concentrates you on the cheeses ....however...
I've waited to read others responses before commenting...& think I must have a problem with my monitor as the only thing that appears sharp to me is the righthand water biscuit :shrug: I've looked at the shot a dozen times but come to the same conclusion each time....maybe it's cos the cheese's are soft in reality ....don't know & it's bugging me :bang:

As for " no chance of a reshoot "....go on girl...get some more bought...you need a pick me up & what could be better...apart from Amarula Cream or Kev's Maris Piper 2011 tipple :LOL:

Hi Dawn,
Another good selection of images. However, the pick of the bunch is definitely the cheese image. You have really composed this well and i love it.
Hope you feel better soon
Ceri

Hi hun ,glad to see you're feeling a bit better.....but try taking it easy for while(y)

Even when you're down you come up with some great work !

Love the cut grass shot....definately smells wonderfull & the slight edit you did worked wonders for the colors ...(y)

Great shot of the coins...I still have my collection waiting to be photographed but using them for this theme never occured to me:bonk: Great clarity , good use of the velvet for a background....brilliant work :clap:

Now...Cheese....agree totally on it fitting them theme...generally the smellier the better with cheese so top marks for choosing a platter of lovelies for the theme with the addition of the grapes to set it off :clap: The lighting is spot on , clayout just right & the close crop works well as it concentrates you on the cheeses ....however...
I've waited to read others responses before commenting...& think I must have a problem with my monitor as the only thing that appears sharp to me is the righthand water biscuit :shrug: I've looked at the shot a dozen times but come to the same conclusion each time....maybe it's cos the cheese's are soft in reality ....don't know & it's bugging me :bang:

As for " no chance of a reshoot "....go on girl...get some more bought...you need a pick me up & what could be better...apart from Amarula Cream or Kev's Maris Piper 2011 tipple :LOL:

Hiya Lynne

Thanks for the comments and feedback. I know what you mean about the cheese shot being a bit soft. I have looked at it again a few times and think it may need a slight sharpen (but not sure if that will help much .... I try later).

As you say maybe need to buy myself more cheese, I love the stuff and it is indeed a great pick-me-up, which is defo what I need at the moment. As for the Amarula Cream and Kev's Maris Piper 2011 both sound good too, although I can't drink alcohol at the moment :crying: So that will have to wait for the September meet :D

Hi Dawn,
Another good selection of images. However, the pick of the bunch is definitely the cheese image. You have really composed this well and i love it.
Hope you feel better soon
Ceri

Hi Ceri, thank you for the comments. Each time I look at the cheese shot it makes me hungry for more :LOL: I am starting to feel a bit better thanks, will take a while to get right, but I am positive.

Cheers

Hiya all,

Well from one extreme to the next ... and this one is right up my street as far as processing is concerned. I thought I'll get away with some weird processing for this one.

I've had a couple of photos that I took on my Sheffield outing a couple of weeks back .... funny thing is I took these with an idea in mind and was hoping a theme would come up that they would fit.

Also, I went to an outdoor theatre at Whalley Abbey on 13th July and got some shots. One in particular caught my eye as it is weird in it's own sense, although I suppose my attempts at taking a c@rp photo and making something of it in post processing ... which I think fits the theme too.

So here are my weird images for this week:

1. Weird Wall Art (in Sheffield)

5977662549_434a3ab89b_b.jpg

[/url] Weird Wall Art (1105) by crystal_singer (drodd), on Flickr[/IMG]

As this wall art was quite long I had to take a shot of it and crop to what I wanted in the pic. This is actually painted onto a red brick wall but I had an idea for it so played around in Picnik. This was a challenge in some respects as it involved a lot of tweaking and cloning out of some parts at the top.

2. It's a weird world

5977737718_42cc1b9c66_b.jpg

[/url] It's a weird world by crystal_singer (drodd), on Flickr[/IMG]

This is from a photo of Reuben standing in front of one of the big steel balls near the Sheffield Town Hall. I quite like the way it captures him looking into the 'world' as such .... without seeing his reflection. This involved quite a bit of cloning around the ball to remove all the distracting background and create a sense of looking at the world from another perspective.

3. Weird sighting

5977739848_2728cebe25_b.jpg

[/url] Weird sighting (1202) by crystal_singer (drodd), on Flickr[/IMG]

This is one of the actors at the close of the Twelfth Night production dancing outside Whalley Abbey. The light by this stage was fading and I didn't want to use the flash so grabbed a quick shot and hoped for the best. Needless to say it didn't come out right .... but looking at it made me think it has a ghost-like, eerie feel ... which to me is weird in itself. So I decided to give it a sort of aged tone, retaining the slight colour of the lights in the windows.

I have one more photo to take, that is if I can find the props for it (packed away somewhere in the spare room which is a bit of an organised clutter at the moment), so if I can find my way past all the c@rp in there I will try to do a fresh photo for this week.

I hope these fit the bill for this week, I perhaps went a bit 'weird' with them, but heyho that is the theme :D

Please feel free to leave any comments and critique, all much appreciated.

Thanks also for all the feedback for last week's theme of 'smell'.

Cheers

Hi Neil,

Thanks I'm starting to feel a bit better now ... the meds are kicking in.

Okay, I've had a play with the grass one .... what do you think of this:

5969842896_f29e7fab39_b.jpg
[/url]
IMG_1294 by crystal_singer (drodd), on Flickr[/IMG]

Glad you like the coin shot, I'm quite pleased with how that one has turned out. It was not easy collecting the coins, but got there in the end (took over 2 months to find them all).

Indeed, cheese is famous word in photography :D Thanks for the comments, now that I look at it again ... it may be a bit soft ... I'll have to see if I have a sharper shot as I took quite a few as I was playing around with different angles and lighting.

Cheers

Thats better, more tonal range on the grass (y) looks evenly lit too.

Thats better, more tonal range on the grass (y) looks evenly lit too.

Hiya Emily,

Thanks for the feedback on the edit.

Cheers

Hiya Dawn, what a set of pictures. They are all excellent and to my liking! Your processing skills are very good indeed! My favourite has to be the wall art, I love how crisp it looks and the colours are excellent. Your use of the large ball with Reuben looking into it is a great idea. Number 3 has worked out really well. (y)

Hiya Dawn, what a set of pictures. They are all excellent and to my liking! Your processing skills are very good indeed! My favourite has to be the wall art, I love how crisp it looks and the colours are excellent. Your use of the large ball with Reuben looking into it is a great idea. Number 3 has worked out really well. (y)

Hiya Michael,

Thank you for the comments and compliments. I'm glad you like the processing on these.

Cheers

Hi ya

what a superb set of images & all fitting the theme perfectly (y)

That grafitti is brilliant...love the processing...next time you're in sheffield I shall have to tag along (y)

I thought I recognised that sphere..... reall effective processing done there...really does give the feeling that Roo's in space looking at the world:clap:

Difficult to choose but for me the 3rd image just pips the others both as the best & my favorite .Really does have a supernatural feel to it enhanced by the color tone...superb capture :clap::clap:

Hi ya

what a superb set of images & all fitting the theme perfectly (y)

That grafitti is brilliant...love the processing...next time you're in sheffield I shall have to tag along (y)

I thought I recognised that sphere..... reall effective processing done there...really does give the feeling that Roo's in space looking at the world:clap:

Difficult to choose but for me the 3rd image just pips the others both as the best & my favorite .Really does have a supernatural feel to it enhanced by the color tone...superb capture :clap::clap:

Hiya Lynne

Thanks for the fab comments and glad you like the pics. Next time I am in Sheffield I will definitely let you know, it will be great to see you again and we can have a scout around the town for some great shots.

I'm pleased you like #3 ... I wasn't sure at first if it would work, but the more I look at it the more I like it. Just goes to show that not all bad shots should be canned as with a bit of creativity they can be made into something unique.

WOW! some AMAZING and very inspirational shots in there!! thank you for sharing.

Ella.

Hiya Ella,

You are welcome ;) Thanks for popping past and for the kind comments. I am glad you find the images inspirational. Feel free to pop past any time to see the progress of this project.

You may want to pop past some of the other Photo52's and 365's ..... there are some fantastic shots and these projects are also a great way to learn and find inspiration.

Cheers

Hi Dawn,

How else can I say describe the 'Weird' set apart from..... just brilliant. I particularly like the 1st (Weird Art Wall) and 2nd (It's a Weird World). (y)

Do you have a 'square on' shot of the Wall one? However, what you have taken is good too, I like the art work kinda draw your eyes from one side to the other.

Very well done. :clap:

In no particular order:

#1, that is a really super colour. The tight crop really adds to the weird feel.

#2, well composed and another weird one. Reuben looks like he's been placed in in post. He looks quite soft and has a glow in parts...I am, of course, sure he wasn't added in post...

#3, I like this as well, as you say, quite a ghostly feel to it.

Look forwards to seeing #4...

Cheers.

Hi Dawn,

How else can I say describe the 'Weird' set apart from..... just brilliant. I particularly like the 1st (Weird Art Wall) and 2nd (It's a Weird World). (y)

Do you have a 'square on' shot of the Wall one? However, what you have taken is good too, I like the art work kinda draw your eyes from one side to the other.

Very well done. :clap:

Hiya Stan,

Wow thank you for the compliment. I'm glad you like the shots.

Unfortunately I don't have a 'square on' shot of the wall as it was too wide to fit into one frame. I had the 50-200 lens on the camera, but perhaps with the 18-55 I may have managed to get it all in one :shrug: ... I'll have to try next time I visit Sheffield. However I still think it may be a tight squeeze to fit it into one shot. Also part of the wall ... where the telescope is on the left is not painted red ... hence why I opted for a different colour, and also there is a terrace above the painting, which I have cloned out.

I have done a Google search and established that the artist is called Phlegm. I have managed to find some of his other wall art and locations so will be on a bit of a mission at some point to find them to photograph. I really like his work.

In no particular order:

#1, that is a really super colour. The tight crop really adds to the weird feel.

#2, well composed and another weird one. Reuben looks like he's been placed in in post. He looks quite soft and has a glow in parts...I am, of course, sure he wasn't added in post...

#3, I like this as well, as you say, quite a ghostly feel to it.

Look forwards to seeing #4...

Cheers.

Hiya Andy

Thanks for the comments. I too like the colour of the #1, quite different from the original.

#2 is one shot, no adding Reuben in post production (my pp skills are not that advanced yet) There was quite a bit of processing though to remove all the surrounding background using the clone tool in Picnik and some tweaking of levels. I quite liked the softness and glow of Reuben ... I felt it gave him some separation from the 'world' so to speak.

#3 Indeed a ghostly feel, and when one considers that this theatre production was on a site built around 1296 .... one can only imagine the weird and eerie happenings that must abound there :eek:

I'm still thinking about whether to do #4 ... I'll see tomorrow.

Thanks again chaps for your kind comments.

Cheers

Wow!!!
Looks like this week's theme really played to your strength and imagination. Absolutely love all 3 of these !!!

Wall Art : Definitely weird !!! Sharp, well-framed and well exposed - and I really like what you've done with the blue.
My only niggle (and this is the artist not you) is that the storyboard seems to run from right to left which I'm finding maybe a step too far in weirdness because it's confusing me. Any chance that you could flip it?

Weird World : Absolutely love the concept in this one and the fact that you can't see Reuben's reflection is just adding to the weirdness.
I'm not too sure about the black around the ball though. I think I would have preferred some nicely blurred background scenery. If the actual scene was a little dull I reckon some oof woodland would add a really surreal touch to it.

Weird Sighting : :love: Absolutely right up my street. Lucky accident or not I absolutely love this :clap: :clap: :clap:
The sepia processing is absolutely perfect for the image and there's not a thing that I'd change about it.

Wow!!!
Looks like this week's theme really played to your strength and imagination. Absolutely love all 3 of these !!!

Wall Art : Definitely weird !!! Sharp, well-framed and well exposed - and I really like what you've done with the blue.
My only niggle (and this is the artist not you) is that the storyboard seems to run from right to left which I'm finding maybe a step too far in weirdness because it's confusing me. Any chance that you could flip it?

Weird World : Absolutely love the concept in this one and the fact that you can't see Reuben's reflection is just adding to the weirdness.
I'm not too sure about the black around the ball though. I think I would have preferred some nicely blurred background scenery. If the actual scene was a little dull I reckon some oof woodland would add a really surreal touch to it.

Weird Sighting : :love: Absolutely right up my street. Lucky accident or not I absolutely love this :clap: :clap: :clap:
The sepia processing is absolutely perfect for the image and there's not a thing that I'd change about it.

Hiya Sarah,

Thanks for popping past and for your comments and feedback.

I have to say I really enjoyed this week's theme :D

With #1 I know what you mean flipping it, and that was something I toyed with doing, but wasn't sure .... so I have flipped the image so it reads from left to right (not sure why the artist chose to do it right to left .... unless it was to add to the weirdness). So does this work better?

5988916790_668abececb_b.jpg
[/url] Weird Wall Art (1105) by
crystal_singer (drodd), on Flickr[/IMG]

With #2 I made the background black to try to create a sense that Reuben was looking at the world from out in space. The background as it was in the original was nothing exciting, and didn't fit the theme. I never thought of adding a woodland scene .... although my pp skills are still basic so I would have to learn how to add such a background.

I'm glad you like #3 .... I really like this one too, but wasn't sure if it would be too weird a photo for folk :LOL:

Thanks again for your feedback, much appreciated.

Cheers

Hiya Dawn,

I like the ghostly image the best, who says a photograph has to be tack sharp, this is out of focus and works brilliantly, good capture (y)

Hiya Dawn,

I like the ghostly image the best, who says a photograph has to be tack sharp, this is out of focus and works brilliantly, good capture (y)

Hiya Emily

Thanks, like you say the OOF works well on this photo. It's amazing how one can turn an out of focus photo into something creative. I really enjoyed playing around with this picture.

Cheers

Hi dawn,
Number 3 for me, a great photo with lots of atmosphere,
Reuben then comes second. I agree with sarah that a woodland background might improve it.
i must say i'm impressed with your pp skills
Best wishes
Ceri

Hi dawn,
Number 3 for me, a great photo with lots of atmosphere,
Reuben then comes second. I agree with sarah that a woodland background might improve it.
i must say i'm impressed with your pp skills
Best wishes
Ceri

Hiya Ceri

Thanks for the feedback, my pp skills are not yet advanced to layer woodland onto the image .... something for me to aim towards.

Thanks for the comments.

Shot 1 is extremely weird - great spot and you've done a super job with the PP too.

Hiya Jeff,

Thank you :)

Cheers

Hey Dawn, I don't get into this thread as often as I should, but I have to say the theme of weird has been done well by you, I like all three but I just love numbers two and three, they are just brilliant and you have clearly put so much thought into the theme as you always do, I hope to be more successful with my 52 next year and get past week four as you are clearly having a lot of fun from the challenge, keep up the great work (y) :woot: :clap: :D :clap: :woot: (y)

Matt

Hi Dawn,

Now that you mention it, I can see the space thing in number 2 and it's actually growing on me now that I understand it :)

And the first one is much better for me running left to right (y)

Hiya Sarah

Thanks, glad you can now see the 'space' element to my thinking for #2 :D

And I can appreciate your suggestion of the flip of #1

Ta

Cheers

Hey Dawn, I don't get into this thread as often as I should, but I have to say the theme of weird has been done well by you, I like all three but I just love numbers two and three, they are just brilliant and you have clearly put so much thought into the theme as you always do, I hope to be more successful with my 52 next year and get past week four as you are clearly having a lot of fun from the challenge, keep up the great work (y) :woot: :clap: :D :clap: :woot: (y)

Matt

Hiya Matt

Thanks for dropping by from the 365 world .... much appreciated.

You need to get your ass into gear and visit this thread more .... there is some 'blow your mind stuff' here :LOL:

I try to do something different each week, so watch this space!

Thanks for your comments!

Cheers

Dawn :D

Hiya Matt

Thanks for dropping by from the 365 world .... much appreciated.

You need to get your ass into gear and visit this thread more .... there is some 'blow your mind stuff' here :LOL:

I try to do something different each week, so watch this space!

Thanks for your comments!

Cheers

Dawn :D

Yeah I know, but it's a very large ass and takes time to get it into gear :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Matt

Yeah I know, but it's a very large ass and takes time to get it into gear :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Matt

I hope you are ref to your own and not mine :bat:

:D

D ;)

I've told ya b4 i woz dragged up propa :naughty:

I would never make such an assertion :D

Matt :D

Cheeky git!

but I forgive you :D

You ain't seen my sexy butt yet :banana:

cheers

D x

Last edited:
Cheeky git!

but I forgive you :D

You ain't seen my sexy butt yet :banana:

cheers

D x

:LOL: :LOL: I've the been handed a pint by Darrell (thedodo) so this could go down hill very quick from this point in but :beer: :beer:

My response to the above is simple :naughty: and next weeks theme "Behind the Scene's" see what I did there Dawn :LOL: :LOL:

Matt

and NO i'm not the forum drunk :D :puke:

:LOL: :LOL: I've the been handed a pint by Darrell (thedodo) so this could go down hill very quick from this point in but :beer: :beer:

My response to the above is simple :naughty: and next weeks theme "Behind the Scene's" see what I did there Dawn :LOL: :LOL:

Matt

and NO i'm not the forum drunk :D :puke:

I never said anything to the latter,

hey there is nothing wrong with having a good pint or two ......

Enjoy yourself .... ching! ching!

D :)

Back