weekly foggy4evers 52 2013 Below added

Very good.

I like the idea and the photo, the froth on the glass and the grain in the table makes me think of warm summers evenings out and about in the country.

It also makes me thirsty :D

A different take on the rustic theme f4e (y)

Any reason why you have chosen B&W over colour? Just curious ;)

hi ya

different take on the theme but works for me...like the focus on the glass which seems to jump out of the shot...good detail in the wooden table & the froth in the glass (y)

Personally struggling to see it fitting the theme...but as far as the shot goes, I like the glass up close and the clarity of that, perhaps a shallower DoF so I didn't end up focussing on the houses so much might have helped. Not sure if b&w does anything for the shot or not really.

Very good.

I like the idea and the photo, the froth on the glass and the grain in the table makes me think of warm summers evenings out and about in the country.

It also makes me thirsty :D

Cheers, my thirst was being quenched by a second.

Rustic, well composed and I like the B&W. Nice detail on the froth. Just feels a tad uninspired, IMO.

Cheers.

Cheers Andy, it wasn't the shot I had planned more as I saw it as I was chatting. A couple of cars had driven out of the car park leaving me with a view with nothing immediately modern or town/city ish in it.

A different take on the rustic theme f4e (y)

Any reason why you have chosen B&W over colour? Just curious ;)

The light was pretty flat and it seemed to bring out more details in the table and glass.

hi ya

different take on the theme but works for me...like the focus on the glass which seems to jump out of the shot...good detail in the wooden table & the froth in the glass (y)

Cheers Blondie, I do try to stray from the obvious sometimes and just wait for something to fall in front of me.

Personally struggling to see it fitting the theme...but as far as the shot goes, I like the glass up close and the clarity of that, perhaps a shallower DoF so I didn't end up focussing on the houses so much might have helped. Not sure if b&w does anything for the shot or not really.

Cheers Chris, for a little insperation a qoute for rustic that inspired my theme was

of, pertaining to, or living in the country, as distinguished from towns or cities; rural.

It's not exactly a text book country pub but it is on the outskirts of a very large village near to a river that is very popular with walkers. The climb up from the river is a beast so the pint or two is much needed.
There is a more rustic ish pub right next to the river we pass on our ride but it's bloody expensive :crying: I would have liked the cricket ground as the backdrop with a game of cricket playing so maybe for a future theme.

The shot was taken on my phone so not much chance of changing the dof.

Doesn't really say rustic to me sorry, too many distractions in the BG also

I like the froth/table textures and the B&W helps with that I think. Apart from that not much to say really. Does nothing for me. (sorry)

The shot was taken on my phone so not much chance of changing the dof.

didn't spot that it was a phone shot, but i did spot the too in-focus background..... definately potential here for a good shot that would fit rustic well for me, but it really needs focus on the pint glass and the table, with the houses blurred so you can;t really see how modern they are.

still, two pints of bitter and the weeks theme knocked off, sounds good to me!

I like the textures in the shot and the thinking behind it but my eye keeps being grabbed by the houses on the left.

Greed: plenty of it here (;-), and a nicely put together group, too. Angle, the colour is naff but the first picture is nicely angled. However I won't say anything else nice as the Capri has brought back grumpy memories from the past (;-) again! Greed: yes, your beer glass is bigger than that house... which does catch the eye. Would it have worked better with the glass in front of the house, which would (I think) leave some negative space to the right, and the table planks leading to the glass?

Doesn't really say rustic to me sorry, too many distractions in the BG also

Cheers

I like the froth/table textures and the B&W helps with that I think. Apart from that not much to say really. Does nothing for me. (sorry)

Don't say sorry, all critique is valuable.

didn't spot that it was a phone shot, but i did spot the too in-focus background..... definately potential here for a good shot that would fit rustic well for me, but it really needs focus on the pint glass and the table, with the houses blurred so you can;t really see how modern they are.

still, two pints of bitter and the weeks theme knocked off, sounds good to me!

Cheers, yep potential there but not quite right. The bitter is always a welcome bonus.

I like the textures in the shot and the thinking behind it but my eye keeps being grabbed by the houses on the left.

Cheers

Greed: plenty of it here (;-), and a nicely put together group, too. Angle, the colour is naff but the first picture is nicely angled. However I won't say anything else nice as the Capri has brought back grumpy memories from the past (;-) again! Greed: yes, your beer glass is bigger than that house... which does catch the eye. Would it have worked better with the glass in front of the house, which would (I think) leave some negative space to the right, and the table planks leading to the glass?

Cheers Chris, sorry about the memories :D

Hmmm Kind, well out on a bike ride but no stop off at the pub this time :thumbsdown: this little fellow was kind enough to pop out and pose for me......next weeks theme should be crowbar!!!!

Frog by foggy4ever, on Flickr

Vertical, 2 options including a B&W due to the bush at the bottom being a disrtaction. I could have cropped it out but I didn't like the tighter shot and there were no other vantage point clear of the green stuff.

Viaduct 4 by foggy4ever, on Flickr

Viaduct 4 b&w by foggy4ever, on Flickr

also it's a subject I bike up a lot so here's one more from it for a reshoot of Angle

Viaduct 3 by foggy4ever, on Flickr

Great frog pic nice focus got his eye perfectly :clap:
a lot of crowbars were used for last weeks theme (y)
First shot for vertical nicely framed :clap:

Kind....nice frog. Good detail and well composed. Pity there wasn't much colour in the frog..something to make it pop a bit.

Angle, #2 for me the contrast works for me; nice detail and sparse clouds. Blooming trees, though :shake:

Cheers.

Hi Colt :)

Rustic - Sounds idealic, good prominence of the glass, focus where it needs to be... I like it :)

Kind - Good Eye contact :D

He's a cracking little frog, really like the composition and the great focus, Kind... yeah go on then :)

Vertical - No: 1 for me... Thats a mahoooosive vertical, really like the angles, and the sense of being small, great sky too - Love it (y)

Re-shoot - Minor crit, my OCD wants the viaduct to finish right in the corner of the frame, but that is a cracking photo, love the bright colours sky & Greenery, and the very bold line :clap:

I love the vertical bridge photos, such impact. An amazing structure very well photographed.

Great detail in the froggy there - focus spot on his eye, looks like you had maybe a bit of leeway to close down the aperture to get you a slightly greater DOF?

great shots of the viaduct though - liking the last, fantastic colours of the green grass and blue sky (y)

Great frog pic nice focus got his eye perfectly :clap:
a lot of crowbars were used for last weeks theme
First shot for vertical nicely framed

Cheers Allen, I travelled light so was using the Fuji X10 in Super Macro mode and it picked the eye for the focus point after a couple of attempts.

Kind....nice frog. Good detail and well composed. Pity there wasn't much colour in the frog..something to make it pop a bit.

Angle, #2 for me the contrast works for me; nice detail and sparse clouds. Blooming trees, though :shake:

Cheers.

Cheers Andy, I almost ran him over as he blended in to the dusty trail. I turned round and approached him slowly and he just froze or posed :D

The angle shot I was reaching over bushes and shooting blind, a couple of goes and I was quite impressed myself :D

Rustic - Sounds idealic, good prominence of the glass, focus where it needs to be... I like it :)

Kind - Good Eye contact :D

He's a cracking little frog, really like the composition and the great focus, Kind... yeah go on then :)

Vertical - No: 1 for me... Thats a mahoooosive vertical, really like the angles, and the sense of being small, great sky too - Love it (y)

Re-shoot - Minor crit, my OCD wants the viaduct to finish right in the corner of the frame, but that is a cracking photo, love the bright colours sky & Greenery, and the very bold line :clap:

Cheers DK, I was lucky with the sky and it's the first time I've viewed the Viaduct from that side and I new there was a good shot there somewhere.

I love the vertical bridge photos, such impact. An amazing structure very well photographed.

Thank you

Great detail in the froggy there - focus spot on his eye, looks like you had maybe a bit of leeway to close down the aperture to get you a slightly greater DOF?

great shots of the viaduct though - liking the last, fantastic colours of the green grass and blue sky (y)

Cheers, I was in lazy mode so had the X10 in auto using the Super Macro mode so it shot pretty much wide open but yes I would have liked a shot with a wider dof too.

I would have liked to step a little further back for the Wide Viaduct shot but bushes and a river stopped me :LOL:.

Hi Colt

what a cracking shot of that frog....fab focus o the eye & great use of DOF.....crowbar definately earned it's keep this week :LOL:

Vertical......how close could you get to the viaduct as in ..could you get right up next to it ? Just wondering if you could have leaned against it to try n help lose the greenery ? Still a cracking shot though...erring towrds the color version as the sky looks a odd in mono.Also really like the wider view with the viaduct going in to the distance , think that fits the theme even better than to the other 2 though i'd be tempeted to crop some of the grass make it more letterbox style ?

ps....I know nuffink bout landscape so ignore me :LOL:

Hi Colt,
Frog: nice and sharp on the face, I actually like the shallow DOF here, forces me to look at his face and then I start to wonder if that's an expression or if he always looks like that. Otherwise I think I'd just see a frog. (y)

PS. What's that "hair" thing by his eye? :puke:

Vertical: I can see what your saying about the bush, it's a shame. I prefer No'1 the colour of those bricks against the sky is great. Good composition as well, nice one mate.

Reshoot: nice landscape there, another good composition and the colours are great. (y)

Hi Colt

what a cracking shot of that frog....fab focus o the eye & great use of DOF.....crowbar definately earned it's keep this week :LOL:

Vertical......how close could you get to the viaduct as in ..could you get right up next to it ? Just wondering if you could have leaned against it to try n help lose the greenery ? Still a cracking shot though...erring towrds the color version as the sky looks a odd in mono.Also really like the wider view with the viaduct going in to the distance , think that fits the theme even better than to the other 2 though i'd be tempeted to crop some of the grass make it more letterbox style ?

ps....I know nuffink bout landscape so ignore me :LOL:

Cheers Blondie, no I couldn't get any nearer and was already leaning over nettles!!! and I was using the tallest arch too.

You will learn plenty in the Lakes in June :cool:

Hi Colt,
Frog: nice and sharp on the face, I actually like the shallow DOF here, forces me to look at his face and then I start to wonder if that's an expression or if he always looks like that. Otherwise I think I'd just see a frog. (y)

PS. What's that "hair" thing by his eye? :puke:

Vertical: I can see what your saying about the bush, it's a shame. I prefer No'1 the colour of those bricks against the sky is great. Good composition as well, nice one mate.

Reshoot: nice landscape there, another good composition and the colours are great. (y)

Cheers Brian, I only noticed the hair thing when I reviewed the pictures at home. I think it looks like a fine piece of dead grass.

(y)

Jalapenos :clap:

Interesting intepretation with good detail and depth. Pattern is there but it doesn't scream, what the hell, you've got Jalapenos :D

Cheers.

I prefer the first. I think it would have been even better if all of the burgers were in focus. Nice to see a different take on the theme. (y)

Hi f4e, not looked in for a wee while, sorry.

#1 for vertical gets my vote, bang on theme towering vertical and the subject suits the B&W conversion.

Pattern, again #1 gets my vote, the deeper dof works better IMHO, certainly a different take on the theme too so (y) for thinking differently.

ey'up mister

Patterns...thats a different take on theme ,subtle but it works .#1 for me , better angle,use of DOF & closer.....(y) My OCD is screaming though....straighten the foremost burger so the lines on it run the same as the griddle :D

Pattern - I'm preferring the first shot myself, I like the lower angle and the broader DoF helps too... Making me hungry :D

Cheers DK, they did taste very nice.

Jalapenos :clap:

Interesting intepretation with good detail and depth. Pattern is there but it doesn't scream, what the hell, you've got Jalapenos :D

Cheers.

Jalapenos and chilli cheese are the only way to eat a burger.

I prefer the first. I think it would have been even better if all of the burgers were in focus. Nice to see a different take on the theme. (y)

Cheers Brian, yes a little more dof as an alternative would have been good.

Hi f4e, not looked in for a wee while, sorry.

#1 for vertical gets my vote, bang on theme towering vertical and the subject suits the B&W conversion.

Pattern, again #1 gets my vote, the deeper dof works better IMHO, certainly a different take on the theme too so (y) for thinking differently.

Cheers bud.

ey'up mister

Patterns...thats a different take on theme ,subtle but it works .#1 for me , better angle,use of DOF & closer.....(y) My OCD is screaming though....straighten the foremost burger so the lines on it run the same as the griddle :D

OCD eh, maybe my subconscious make me leave subtle things in my shots just to annoy the OCD people :naughty:

Love it!
Perfect for the theme, different, humourous, well executed. Perfect (y)

:clap: Well done, good idea and perfect execution. (y)

:thinking: how did you mount the camera to the wheelbarrow? - care to spill the beans?

Love it!
Perfect for the theme, different, humourous, well executed. Perfect (y)

Nice one. Very sharp where needed and cracking greens.

Cheers.

Cheers.

:clap: Well done, good idea and perfect execution. (y)

:thinking: how did you mount the camera to the wheelbarrow? - care to spill the beans?

A piece of timber clamped between the handles and a Joby Gorilla pod(the one for DSLR's) attached to the timber. I was going to take a set up shot in case someone asked but forgot :bang:

(y)

Pattern is a great idea, obvious now, but it'd never have occurred to me before. I think the lower angle of the first takes it for me, but the added interest of the cheese & jalapenos works well in the second. Movement is just fantastic, great idea beautifully done, wouldn't change a thing.

First of the BBQ shots for me, great use of DOF, nicely set up with the condiments in the BG, yumyum....

Movement is a stand out cracker of a shot... LOVE IT.... leading lines from the handles, super sharp on the barrow and contents, and a huge rush of movement - you'll have the garden done in no time!! :clap:

Back