weekly DK's 52 in 2014 - Wk's 52 'Support' Added - AND FINISHED :)

Edit My Images
Yes
I know I KNOW, as per last year, and the year before I have not quite finished my 2013's 52 yet :D

BUT I plan to be fully up to date before the new 52 starts... well that is the plan

MY RULES

Not many that's for sure - but currently

• I will again allow myself No 'Jokers'
  • I will try not to post late - ok... not too late :D
  • I will try and comment on as many threads as possible, but as all 52'ers know, that's sometimes easier said than done
Good luck everybody - Let the Nightmare Continue fun begin !!!!

Week 00 - Odd
Week 01 - Line / Linear
Week 02 - Play
Week 03 - Close
Week 04 - Bubble
Week 05 - Smoke
Week 06 - Mineral
Week 07 - Sense
Week 08 - Ending
Week 09 - Positive
Week 10 - Time
Week 11 - Re-Shoot - Bubble
Week 11 - Swirl
Week 12 - Linked
Week 13 - Step
Week 14 - Nature
Week 15 - Action
Week 16 - Mono
Week 17 - Twisted
Week 18 - Fresh
Week 19 - Shape
Week 20 - Re-Shoot - Action
Week 20 - Numbers
Week 21 - Strong/Strength
Week 22 - Texture
Week 23 - Wild
Week 24 - Dream/Dreamy
Week 25 - Vertical
Week 26 - YUM
Week 27 - Loud
Week 28 - Re-Shoot - Line/Linear
Week 28 - Rich
Week 29 - Skill
Week 30 - Half
Week 31 - Architecture
Week 32 - Promise
Week 33 - Sharp
Week 34 - Pure
Week 35 - Sparkle
Week 36 - Fall
Week 37 - Communication
Week 38 - Dark
Week 39 - BIG
Week 40 - Cut
Week 41 - Balance
Week 42 - Change
Week 43 - Re-Shoot
Week 43 - Grow
Week 44 - Live
Week 45 - First
Week 46 - Smooth
Week 47 - Attached
Week 48 - Energy
Week 49 - Round
Week 50 - Nonsense
Week 51 - Extravagant
Week 52 - Support

Last edited:
back for some more torture then Dean ....good to see you again :clap:

back for some more torture then Dean ....good to see you again :clap:
Thanks Lynne... my 3rd year now, trying to dedicate more time to this again this year to get my mind from work, the last 3 months work/life balance has been idiotic :)

Well... here is my Practice shot, well shots

Again nothing exciting, wanted to get out with the camera to catch up on my 2013 52, so took these yesterday while I was out and about

Wk 0 - 'Odd'

Although not obvious, this first one is spot focused on the single centre column, the DoF wasn't as good as I hope... I really need a wide angle f2.8 :D

As always... best viewed on Flickr with a black background

Wk 0 - 'Odd'
by TP DK, on Flickr

This second image is more 'Odd' but I am struggling getting a decent background, as many of you know, this is an area I struggle on and I want to improve on this year <Fingers Crossed>

Wk 0 - 'Odd' 2
by TP DK, on Flickr

Thanks for looking in :)

Hi DK
First image for me pity you cant darken the sky maybe a tad to make it more dramatic
nice start (y)

First image for me also. Just a note on viewing with a dark background, I changed the setting from 'day' to 'night' when the forum changed and things look a lot better that way

Really like the 2nd image is it some type of street light?
Thanks Craig, Yes it's lighting on an old Pier :)
Hi DK
First image for me pity you cant darken the sky maybe a tad to make it more dramatic
Thanks Allan... and I would if I could :D
I have added 2 grads on Lightroom, both at an angle from the top corners, but couldn't work out how to get it past the timbers :thinking:
nice start (y)
:)
First image for me, it strikes me as interesting and wondering what it was. Maybe get some nd grad filters?
Cheers Michael, Some plain ND'd and some grads are on my wish list funny enough :D

First image for me too.

You got some good texture in the wood with the rust from the bolts.
Thanks Mark :)
First image for me also. Just a note on viewing with a dark background, I changed the setting from 'day' to 'night' when the forum changed and things look a lot better that way
Thanks Adam... Good Idea, changed mine too :)
I like number 1 which looks odd ;) Looks like a pier thats been flipped upside down. Well composed and for me the sky is nicely exposed and the colours trufthfully rendered.
Cheers Jason :)

It is at the end of one of the piers, so guess it must have been shortened at some time, but they left these timbers in... thankfully :)

WTF...this photograph was posted on Wednesday :thinking: Will the real DK please step forward.

Interesting start. I like #1, but feel you could have done much better. I'd have maybe opted for b&w, added a bit more contrast in the sky and go a tad wider.

I did a quick edit in Snapseed and seemed to work.

Good start, thought (y)

Cheers.

Last edited:
Great to see you back DK.

#1 is bang on for me. Love the colours in the posts, the texture in the sand and that moody old sky. Great start!

I think tht the 2nd image conveys odd more than the first, but prefer the first image - quite dramatic (y)

First image for me as well, when I looked at it I found it more interesting than the second image to look at.
Thanks Mandy :)

WTF...this photograph was posted on Wednesday :thinking: Will the real DK please step forward.
Haahaaaa :D

Interesting start. I like #1, but feel you could have done much better. I'd have maybe opted for b&w, added a bit more contrast in the sky and go a tad wider.

I did a quick edit in Snapseed and seemed to work.
Cheers mate, I do have some wider shots... well I don't think I deleted them all, interesting to hear you got more contrast in the sky, I really struggled with the way I tried, maybe I need to use a brush thingy so I can go around the timbers :thinking: rather than rushing and trying to improve it with grads :D

Good start, thought (y)

Cheers.
Thanks mate :)
Great to see you back DK.
Cheers :)

#1 is bang on for me. Love the colours in the posts, the texture in the sand and that moody old sky. Great start!
Ooo Thanks (y)
I think tht the 2nd image conveys odd more than the first, but prefer the first image - quite dramatic (y)
Thanks Sarah... I couldn't agree more, that's why I posted it, I much prefer the first image but the 'Odd' is a tad loose... but hey that's normal here :D

Now then Dk...whats all this...you posting in the correct week :exit:

I've seen that 1st shot somewhere else.....I think , or maybe it was just similiar ? Anyhoo....it's the 1st shot that gets my vote(y) , more going on , interesting angles & a hint of something happening in the clouds.....gritty mono might work or hit it with a touch of HDR to bring out the detail in the wood/metal ?

Ps.....do you know something we don't .....your link to wk 43 & the 2 links to wk49 ( ?) both take you to your last years thread...or are you just hoping for the same theme's :naughty:

I like 'em both and I think the background in the second image actually makes it a better image. Maybe if you had moved your viewpoint a little both the lower lightshades would have been the same?

Now then Dk...whats all this...you posting in the correct week :exit:
Oi You :bat:

:D

I've seen that 1st shot somewhere else.....I think , or maybe it was just similiar ? Anyhoo....it's the 1st shot that gets my vote(y) , more going on , interesting angles & a hint of something happening in the clouds.....gritty mono might work or hit it with a touch of HDR to bring out the detail in the wood/metal ?
Ooo Thanks Lynne, some great ideas there :)

Ps.....do you know something we don't .....your link to wk 43 & the 2 links to wk49 ( ?) both take you to your last years thread...or are you just hoping for the same theme's :naughty:
Huh ?? wk43 & 49 were last year ?? :thinking:

I like your first shot better, very odd. Good composition although I think I would have liked more room on the left and right edges. Just an opinion though.

Good work, I look forward to seeing you photos.
Cheers Dan :)

If I get time tonight I'll see if I can find one with more space :)
Two very good images but your first is a very strong shot and i feel the sky has helped no end. I see what you were aiming for.

Very cool shot indeed.
Cool.. Thanks David :)

I like 'em both and I think the background in the second image actually makes it a better image. Maybe if you had moved your viewpoint a little both the lower lightshades would have been the same?
Thanks Paul... yeah I think I should have too :)

Well... Onto the next

I took some other shots of railings, Beach Huts, Paving etc but for me they were not quite right for the theme... So I am just posting the one this week

Hopefully I have not over processed this, I wanted it to be a bright colourful image but the weather wasn't too good today :D

Wk 1 - 'Line/Linear'

Wk 1 - 'Line / Linear'
by TP DK, on Flickr

Thanks for looking :)

Lovely wavy lines, with the addition of the straight hoizon and Prom edge all converging in the distance - works really well for me. DOF is spot on and the lighting looks pretty good to me too.

Nothing I don't like tbh (y)

OOOOooo, like that. Real low POV that works well, nice textures in the bench, seems to have a cool tone too it which works really well. Damn, it really is 'in ya face!'

Crit, well, I did consider a wider DOF, but now feel that it would remove some of the dreamlike qualities of the photographs.

Nope, looked again and no crit.

Good show.

Cheers.

Lovely wavy lines, with the addition of the straight hoizon and Prom edge all converging in the distance - works really well for me. DOF is spot on and the lighting looks pretty good to me too.

Nothing I don't like tbh (y)
Thanks a lot Sarah :)

Wonderful take on the theme loving the wavy lines on the bench.
Thanks Mandy :) Once I saw these benches I had to make it the subject for the theme

OOOOooo, like that. Real low POV that works well, nice textures in the bench, seems to have a cool tone too it which works really well. Damn, it really is 'in ya face!'
Hahaaaa Cheers Andy... yeah it is in ya face :D

Crit, well, I did consider a wider DOF, but now feel that it would remove some of the dreamlike qualities of the photographs.

Nope, looked again and no crit.

Good show.

Cheers.
again Haaaahaaaa that made me smile - Thanks again :)

Really like this, nice colours and right use of DOF in my opinion. Also some interest in the top right corner for when your eyes follow the lines. Well done!

Absolutely brilliant, its a little dark at the top, but that is my only critique. I love the combination of wavy line and calm sea. The colours are great, I love how in photography the crap looking days are the ones where you get the best colours (with PP of course). I love the soft feel and sharp focus. Top notch photo.

Really like this, nice colours and right use of DOF in my opinion. Also some interest in the top right corner for when your eyes follow the lines. Well done!
Thanks Adam :)

Absolutely brilliant, its a little dark at the top, but that is my only critique. I love the combination of wavy line and calm sea. The colours are great, I love how in photography the crap looking days are the ones where you get the best colours (with PP of course). I love the soft feel and sharp focus. Top notch photo.
Cheers Nick :)

Yeah I have tried to get a LOT out of a poor sky, and thank god for Lightroom :D

Yeah I have tried to get a LOT out of a poor sky, and thank god for Lightroom :D

Fair enough, Lightroom is excellent software, only just starting using it myself. A quick going over the top with lighting brush and that image would be made for me. It's a lovely composition.

Fair enough, Lightroom is excellent software, only just starting using it myself. A quick going over the top with lighting brush and that image would be made for me. It's a lovely composition.
I'll give that a go in the next couple of days Nick... Thanks :)

Yep really like that too, pov and dof work really well

Great image DK (y)

I always feel like I'm 'trying to teach grandma to suck eggs', commenting on the images of the experienced, but I would have liked to have seen the rest of the benches leading away down the prom :)

Shame about the dull skies in the photos for 'Odd', but I really like your use of shallow DOF and colour for week 1!.. I think it could perhaps be even stronger in B&W though?

Back