A Day in TalkPhotography™ Time. ENTRIES. FINAL DEADLINE - 1800hrs GMT 29/9/10!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smooth

Threebrows
Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Please post your entries for TP Day here. 800 pix on their longest edge please.

For the slideshow we would like a higher res/size image than the forum permits so please send your full res final image to TPMoment@smoothedit.com along with your username so that credit can be given, and the time at which the shot was taken so that they can be grouped together, and the location of the shot.

Please also note I am aiming to generate the slideshow on Wednesday night (29th Sept) so please send in your image by then via email (if you have not already) or else it wont be included!

Cheers :D
Discussion thread is here.

Last edited:
Great start Paul, that's gorgeous, love the gradient from orange through to deep blue.

Taken about 6.45 from hide, could not stop shaking as was so cold, been there since 5.25 going back later also.

004edit_edited-2.jpg

Worth the trip Mike. (y)

All the others are great too.

Taken at 6.27 this morning. I was hoping for the ship to be caught in the sun when it moved to the left. By the time it had, the sun was gone!
The ship was heading for Montrose harbour.
D300, 18-50 Sigma at 38mm,f22 @ 1/6th.

TP_Day_031.jpg

Taken at 12.30 today by a little stream near Titchfield, Hampshire. we stopped for lunch.

rusell-day-0261-Edit.jpg

Last edited:
Taken at 8.39 this morning...

Really don't like this 35mm lens, but I forced myself to use it! Just an early morning walk in my local woods...

Nice to see the other submissions - this is a great idea!

Janet

I took this today, never done birds in flight before, but I will be going back to the sanctuary when a full display is on.

Taken at 12.56.
I went down to Reading rail station to catch the thousands of fans making their way home from the Reading festival.

4941918358_e6cdb04728_o.jpg

Last edited:
Some great images so far and I'm sure some amazing ones still to come. This is the image from my afternoon out which had the most impact on me. I hope it's worthy. Taken at 13:55 today.

Some great images so far
The main reason I bought a dSLR in the first place was to take pictures of birds, still fascinate me and still not very good at it but this represents my passion(y)

Taken at 12.16hrs today, Stanwick Lakes, Northants

chaffyup.jpg

Last edited:
Busy afternoon on St Ives (Cambs) quayside, taken at 16.35.47
St_Ives_Quay.jpg

Last edited:
Taken this afternoon in my back garden.

Oh Hai by Nick Tsiatinis, on Flickr

Macro was my original passion when I first got into photography. Since then I've moved on through to landscapes, and from there on to portraits, and now I'm doing wedding photography.
I still have my Sigma 105 macro lens, and while I don't use it as much as I should any more, it's nice to know it's still there and it can still produce the goods :)

Here's my effort.

Taken today around 14:10 hrs, Lincolnshire.

daisyfortalk.jpg

Lisa

Mrs Trev4 and myself took an afternoon stroll at a local reserve today, and at 1.45pm spotted this Grey Herron sitting in the centre of the lake. I got a few shots before he flew off, this was taken a moment after take off.

My main interest is natural history photography so this typifies my primary subjects.

Hope you enjoy and thanks for the thread Smooth (y)

Last edited:
Hello! I heard about this thread and LOVE the idea!

Today I went to notting hill carnival for the first time and loved it! I found it really hard to take pics of people who are moving and not posing for you (how inconsiderate?!)

This is deffo shot of the day! I know its not that good technically but the girl really makes it for me, I think her personality and carnival spirit really shine through!

CRW_7018.jpg

went for a walk around and got this at 12:26pm a swinsty

great thread

one from the garden taken at 14:44, looks like Nick had the same idea.

4941686269_2158fc2312_o.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

And my contribution!

My passion in photography, Black and white wildlife. Plus my favourite part of the wild world. The Barn Owl.

Taken at 17:42 BST on 30th August. 1 hours and 12 minutes after I finished work. :)

4942551958_6680190340_z.jpg

this was taken at the Eastern end of Norwich "International" Airport today at 17:19 - red arrows returning from display at Eye.

reds3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back