weekly Sworks 52 in 2013

Hiya

welcome aboard...feel free to ask away , we're a friendly bunch in here , look forward to seeing your shots (y)

Quite happy with the idea but all a bit rushed and not focused very well but I did get the camera out of it's bag!

Quite happy with the idea but all a bit rushed and not focused very well but I did get the camera out of it's bag!

Photograph :thinking: ;)

I saw it in the main submission thread and you've made crit yourself which I'd agree with. Just a bit more thought would have taken it up a few notches.

Cheers and onwards to week 2 (y)

Thanks for the critique guys, looking forward to week 2 and doing better :)

I agree with DK would be better if the pic was on this thread too

I agree with DK would be better if the pic was on this thread too

Hi Mark

confused now...can't see an image :thinking:

just clicked through to flickr....cute little devil , agree with your self crit though must say the colors look spot on :)

I didn't load the photo on this thread, just a clicky 'week 1' link in the first post. I'm new to this so is it better if I add the next photos into the thread on here too from now on? Thanks for the comments so far

Last edited:
I didn't load the photo on this tread, just a clicky 'week 1' link in the first post. I'm new to this so is it better if I add the next photos into the thread on here too?

Hi

think most would agree it's better to load your shot in your thread as well....makes it far easier to see what the comments relate to without flicking in to another area....but it's your project so go with what you feel happiest doing (y)

Thanks for the comments, looking at it now I can see the 'blueness' in the snow.

Really nice detail Mark, I think others have critiqued enough.

Onwards and upwards :D

Great sky Mark, nicely exposed.

Sin - can't see a picture to C&C

Season - a little small to really comment on, looks a little soft but beautiful colours in the sky

I hadn't added a photo for sin to this thread so it's not there to see. I will upload a bigger image next week, still learning :) I will check the image again at full size, I do hope it isn't soft :( it was early morning so hopefully if it is it was my fault and not the lens. I changed a Sigma 24-70 to a Canon 24-70L so wouldn't like to think it wasn't sharp. Thanks for the comments though

Thanks for the comments, I've decided that posting something is better than nothing. I still think I wouldn't have picked my camera up this year yet so the purpose of my 52 is still valid. Roll on the light nights!

maybe a lower POV would have given (relatively) a shallower depth of field to help isolate the subject word....

Could also do this in PP using a blurred layer and painting through. Gradient fill helps.

But you were in! Week 4 here we come!

I've decided that posting something is better than nothing. I still think I wouldn't have picked my camera up this year yet so the purpose of my 52 is still valid. Roll on the light nights!

Good lad (y)

Well done, that's the spirit :clap:

Hi Mark: Season, lovely shot with plenty of detail and colour, maybe a tad dark. Gravity, in topic so no problem. Things get in the way as I found out last week with work. An entry is better that no entry! See you next week

Great captures. I really like the second two.

Nice PP too (y)

Ah very subtle Mark ;)
Creative thinking there, I like it (y)
For me, just a little more separation between subject and background but apart from that, great work. Iain

Thanks for the comment, I agree totally. lighting is something I need to work on.

Hi, mark, still here indeed (y)

That tardis could be a few inches or a few foot high, wonder how big it is.

Quite like the angle and the WB looks good.

Lighter sections of the BG detract a tad and I'd like to see it all in focus.

That said, interesting interpretation.

Cheers.

Back