weekly Posiview's 2013 52. Week 52, Water added TTFN.

Hi Andy,
A bit of a comment catch-up from me, I have been lurking but didn't have the time to have a really good look at others 52 threads until today.

Still, I like this a lot, its essence is its simplicity I think.
Technically very good, not much more to add.

Whimsical, again bang on theme, Isabel's expression is priceless and just adds to the overall theme. Only a small crit, I feel the string supporting the fairies needs to be cloned out but apart from that (y)

Curve, another great take on the theme, its just a very accomplished piece of work. The boosted saturation adds to the scene and makes it pop.

Hopefully I wont leave it so long the next time Andy ;)

Is that you with your feet up for the rest of the week?

Hi Andy

Nice curve shot can't really offer any crit, Jane asked me how you did that i had to say I have no idea :thinking:,
really nice idea well executed :clap:

Hi Andy,
A bit of a comment catch-up from me, I have been lurking but didn't have the time to have a really good look at others 52 threads until today.

Still, I like this a lot, its essence is its simplicity I think.
Technically very good, not much more to add.

Whimsical, again bang on theme, Isabel's expression is priceless and just adds to the overall theme. Only a small crit, I feel the string supporting the fairies needs to be cloned out but apart from that (y)

Curve, another great take on the theme, its just a very accomplished piece of work. The boosted saturation adds to the scene and makes it pop.

Hopefully I wont leave it so long the next time Andy ;)

Is that you with your feet up for the rest of the week?

Cheers, Iain. Blooming string :bonk: 3 of my last photographs, here and in my TP12, have had basic PP errors. Must review before I upload.

Feet up, well. I feel I need to photograph and post some none TP52/TP12 photographs.

Cheers.

Hi Andy

Nice curve shot can't really offer any crit, Jane asked me how you did that i had to say I have no idea :thinking:,
really nice idea well executed :clap:

Cheers, Allan.

Fast burst of photographs to get the full arch, then use layer masks in photoshop to bring all the ball.

If you fancy a go here's a how to video clicky linky

Cheers.

Last edited:
Had an edit and reposted.

Great job on the edit Andy - nowt to fault on it now...

I must confess i did feel a bit bad picking on it, but the idea and the execution and the general processing were so good - it was a shame to have been let down on a couple of minor points.

Well done on taking it in the spirit it was intended.. (y)

Great job on the edit Andy - nowt to fault on it now...

I must confess i did feel a bit bad picking on it, but the idea and the execution and the general processing were so good - it was a shame to have been let down on a couple of minor points.

Well done on taking it in the spirit it was intended.. (y)

Hi Graham, IMO, if people don't give crit I might as well pist on Flickr.

Cheers.

Hi ya Matey :wave:

Curve ......reallt great idea & really well executed as I'd expect from you......I think I saw the original but couldn't see the bits Graham mentioned....but then again I wouldn't know what to look for anyway :LOL: Tis a perfect curve with great exposure & sharpness on all the balls -how the hell d'you manage that ?? Shooting on timer ,getting into position & getting everything sharp :thinking:

.....the only slight niggle ( & I'm not comfortable saying this cos I couldn't have done as 10th a good job)....the position of the ball as Isabelle catch's it doesn't seem quite right to me....a little too far behind her if you see what I mean ?

Hi ya Matey :wave:

Curve ......reallt great idea & really well executed as I'd expect from you......I think I saw the original but couldn't see the bits Graham mentioned....but then again I wouldn't know what to look for anyway :LOL: Tis a perfect curve with great exposure & sharpness on all the balls -how the hell d'you manage that ?? Shooting on timer ,getting into position & getting everything sharp :thinking:

.....the only slight niggle ( & I'm not comfortable saying this cos I couldn't have done as 10th a good job)....the position of the ball as Isabelle catch's it doesn't seem quite right to me....a little too far behind her if you see what I mean ?

Cheers, Lynne, I did enjoy this one.

Jackie :smile: missed the ball so that's why it's behind her. I did notice it and could have moved it, actually like how it's behind her.

Appreciate the crit, though (y)

I've got Friday off and weather looks good so I'm off to Yorkshire Sculpture Park to the day...yeeeyyyyy!!

Cheers.

Hi Andy

still - lovely abstract - mono suits it so well, great sea and wet glistening rocks. powerful shot. just that broken stave troubles me altho nothing to do with you. seems to break the serene feel of the shot.

Whimsical - I like that a lot. Excellent idea, quite surreal and the processing which shows the fairies and the fascinator as almost stuck on ,but are they/are they not, involves intrigue which suits the shot admirably. Expression is again a good modern take on the shot. I find this shot really fascinating :clap:

Curve - no idea how you did it but top marks from me. spot on theme and very imaginative.

Your comments indicate your frustration sometimes but really you do push the boundaries a lot, always eliciting a strong reaction, either way, in my view. There is so much in your shots and imagination that I find it hard to restrict my comments to a few words. Your enthusiasm is infectious and your time given to this and other posts is admirable. (y)

Hi Andy

still - lovely abstract - mono suits it so well, great sea and wet glistening rocks. powerful shot. just that broken stave troubles me altho nothing to do with you. seems to break the serene feel of the shot.

Whimsical - I like that a lot. Excellent idea, quite surreal and the processing which shows the fairies and the fascinator as almost stuck on ,but are they/are they not, involves intrigue which suits the shot admirably. Expression is again a good modern take on the shot. I find this shot really fascinating :clap:

Curve - no idea how you did it but top marks from me. spot on theme and very imaginative.

Your comments indicate your frustration sometimes but really you do push the boundaries a lot, always eliciting a strong reaction, either way, in my view. There is so much in your shots and imagination that I find it hard to restrict my comments to a few words. Your enthusiasm is infectious and your time given to this and other posts is admirable. (y)

Hi, Alan, I really appreciate the FB (y)

I'm very critical of my photography. I read/watch/listen a gargantuan amount of photography and photography related information and I simply love the visual arts. This, I'm afraid, results in me comparing my art to others...often I fall short, now and again I don't.

...but...once in a while....I'll look at one of my photographs and think, "Bloody hell, I made that!". Great feeling.

Regards.

Well that's a load of balls! :naughty: (it's hard to resist when you're as childish as me)

Nicely done and a great idea. (y)

Wow, blast from the past! Citizen Smith. Believe it or not I am related to Robert Lindsay....
I like the idea, not sure if it is my ipad but the image looks quite fuzzy.

Cheers, Chris.

Fuzzy, :bonk:...I did a test shot @ ISO 6400, and errr, forgot to change it back to 200. School boy error ;)

This was one of them, post and be damned, as I have a few other projects on the go.

Anyways, wonder what we have this Saturday?

Related to Robert Lindsay, great actor, how related?

Cheers.

Cool idea, lighting sorted, might have liked the wrist going all the way to the bottom...

hmmm not the first time you've left the ISO sky-high is it Andy.

New theme in the morning though. (y)

Hi Andy

Works for me though I do suppose you have to be of a certain age to get it, the hand as has been pointed out is a little fuzzy and maybe as Graham says the arm all the way to the bottom.
nice idea (y)

I like this Andy, post and be damned, I don't think so :D

I am sure you must be kicking yourself over the iso error but hey we've all done it I'm sure or some similar schoolboy error, (like having some mad WB setting on loads of my photos from London last week ;))

I do remember Citizen Smith but it wasn't a program we watched in our house growing up. I googled "we are the people", you've done a great job of the image/graphic. Was it done in photoshop?

Not a lot of crit to add beyond whats been said above.

One more sleep until a new theme, onwards and upwards eh?

Curve is a lovely bit of work. No idea how that kind of witchcraft happens so can't offer much in the way of crit, other than 'I like it'.

Power is a nice take on a classic image type. I'd have never noticed the ISO thing had it not been mentioned, the texture in it just fits with the 1960s font, and I'd have thought it was part of the plan.

Hi Andy

Works for me though I do suppose you have to be of a certain age to get it, the hand as has been pointed out is a little fuzzy and maybe as Graham says the arm all the way to the bottom.
nice idea (y)

Cheers. I did consider having my arm to the bottom, but it didn't look right.

I like this Andy, post and be damned, I don't think so :D

I am sure you must be kicking yourself over the iso error but hey we've all done it I'm sure or some similar schoolboy error, (like having some mad WB setting on loads of my photos from London last week ;))

I do remember Citizen Smith but it wasn't a program we watched in our house growing up. I googled "we are the people", you've done a great job of the image/graphic. Was it done in photoshop?

Not a lot of crit to add beyond whats been said above.

One more sleep until a new theme, onwards and upwards eh?

Too kind, Iain. Guess the standards we set ourselves are getting higher.

Yeah, done in PS.

New theme is up....and it's a good one :)

Cheers.

Curve is a lovely bit of work. No idea how that kind of witchcraft happens so can't offer much in the way of crit, other than 'I like it'.

Power is a nice take on a classic image type. I'd have never noticed the ISO thing had it not been mentioned, the texture in it just fits with the 1960s font, and I'd have thought it was part of the plan.

Curve, witchcraft, indeed. If you have photoshop, it's very easy.

You got me, Power was totally how I planned it ;)

Cheers.

Hi Andy :wave:, Long time since I dropped in here, many apologies. But I'm back now so going to comment on the most recent shots.

Power, I've never seen Citizen smith so I had to Google that one! Not sure I like the wrist being chopped at the funny angle :thinking: Whoops on the ISO error, I hate doing that! I think it's a good idea for the theme and I like the graphics.

Curve, now that's very clever! How many shots have you used to do that? Or is it one shot of you two and the ball added x amount of times? Either way it's perfect for the theme!

Whimsical, now what muppet chose this theme :whistle: I like this the bored look is rather amusing. My only crit other than that is the fairies all look too false and I think it's because they're too bright. If the opacity on them is reduced a touch it might make them look more real!

Got to go and finish work now.

Hopefully I can keep up a bit better from here until the end of the year.

Related to Robert Lindsay, great actor, how related? Cheers.
Well I've actually never met the chap, but my grandad is his mum's cousin....no idea what that makes me, probably nowt! I have met his mum I remember, just not him

Oh and I think the app on ipad tends to exaggerate any "defects" because I have realised it seems to try and zoom the image to fit the screen, depending on the size posted depends on whether it looks ok or not....sometimes it can end up cropping the image also...learning I need to look at things in a browser really!

Last edited:
Hi Andy :wave:, Long time since I dropped in here, many apologies. But I'm back now so going to comment on the most recent shots.

Power, I've never seen Citizen smith so I had to Google that one! Not sure I like the wrist being chopped at the funny angle :thinking: Whoops on the ISO error, I hate doing that! I think it's a good idea for the theme and I like the graphics.

Curve, now that's very clever! How many shots have you used to do that? Or is it one shot of you two and the ball added x amount of times? Either way it's perfect for the theme!

Whimsical, now what muppet chose this theme :whistle: I like this the bored look is rather amusing. My only crit other than that is the fairies all look too false and I think it's because they're too bright. If the opacity on them is reduced a touch it might make them look more real!

Got to go and finish work now.

Hopefully I can keep up a bit better from here until the end of the year.

A bit of noise doesn't bother me but I'd agree that I'd like to see the arm going to the bottom.

Evening matey :wave:

Power....ahhh...they don't make programmes like that any more...brilliant reminder of a great show, Robert Lindsay was just fab as wolfie....or foxy !:clap:

Didn't notice the ISO issue.....bit like me & daft f stops :LOL:

Well I've actually never met the chap, but my grandad is his mum's cousin....no idea what that makes me, probably nowt! I have met his mum I remember, just not him

Oh and I think the app on ipad tends to exaggerate any "defects" because I have realised it seems to try and zoom the image to fit the screen, depending on the size posted depends on whether it looks ok or not....sometimes it can end up cropping the image also...learning I need to look at things in a browser really!

Hi, all, all comments read and appreciated.

Short of time at the moment, but I will catch up with comments :nono:

Hi Andy
Solitude indeed, out of the two I prefer the PP on the second one really brings out the sky and has a little more clarity about it,
works well in B+W too (y)

Hi Andy
The first one for me, it gives a good sense of alone ness :)

The sky in the second one is a cracker though.

#2 for me, the sky really lifts it above #1. A great sense of solitude.

#2 has it by far for me, #1 would work fine, if it wasn;t next to #2.

The house larger in the frame (but still small enough to have enough surroundings to say solitude) and the greater separation of the individual clouds making the difference.

#2 for me too Andy (y)
I feel its a more accomplished piece of work with the more defined clouds and you've held more detail in the tree line running at either side of the house.

In #1, that detail is a little lost.

The scene suits the B&W treatment I feel, I particularly like the high contrast look to it.

Good work matey, one more sleep to a new theme ;)

:cautious:

I mentioned in the main TP tread about a fox around our tent, well, Jackie just shouted,"Andy, are they your trousers over there!?" Isabelle went to get them and they were, indeed, mine. They also had my wallet in the pocket. The fox had crawled under the side if the tent, into the 'porch' and taken my trousers. About 3 inches of the belt had been eaten!

I was going to leave my camera outside to get a sunrise timelapse as well :eek:.

Might see it I can get a fe photograph of said fox tonight :D

Cheers.

hi ya matey :wave:

Solitude...both work well but I'm going with the masses for 2#.......house a little less lost :wave:, lovely detailed sky & the mono work a treat :clap:

a fox nicking your trousers....there's gotta be a joke in there somewhere :LOL:

Cheers. Could not believe how close they got.

Back