weekly Posiview's 2013 52. Week 52, Water added TTFN.

Hi

The snail for me, cant really fault it beautifully placed in the frame and a great B+W conversion,
bit of cloning on the bottom right of shell :thinking: looks a bit odd I might be wrong, but that is being very picky doesn't detract from a great pic :clap:

Hi Andy

Steps - very imaginative idea and well handled IMO. Far beyond what I could think of or carry out so no crit from me, just 2 comments.
#1 I prefer the lighter version.
#2 I like the idea of including the 'foot' at the top but feel that it would be better if there could just be a dark figure of a person and legs from just below waist turning the top of the stairs. No idea how to do it of course :D but that would encapsulate your idea of including the perpetrator of the steps.

Mono - snail is a fine shot but some blurring bottom right? Fuschia is excellent - my idea of a shot. Good comp, lighting and super detail in the petals. Very exotic air that it creates :clap:

Last edited:
Hi

The snail for me, cant really fault it beautifully placed in the frame and a great B+W conversion,
bit of cloning on the bottom right of shell :thinking: looks a bit odd I might be wrong, but that is being very picky doesn't detract from a great pic :clap:

The shell was the size of a 5p and I stacked about 8 photographs, appears something went wrong with the OOF bit :bonk:

Cheers. (y)

Hi Andy

Steps - very imaginative idea and well handled IMO. Far beyond what I could think of or carry out so no crit from me, just 2 comments.
#1 I prefer the lighter version.
#2 I like the idea of including the 'foot' at the top but feel that it would be better if there could just be a dark figure of a person and legs from just below waist turning the top of the stairs. No idea how to do it of course :D but that would encapsulate your idea of including the perpetrator of the steps.

Mono - snail is a fine shot but some blurring bottom right? Fuschia is excellent - my idea of a shot. Good comp, lighting and super detail in the petals. Very exotic air that it creates :clap:

Hi, yeah, given more ability the Step could really be taken up a level :D

Blurred bit...grrrrrr, see above for reason.

Cheers.

:thinking:

Only 3 comments so far, and it's Friday. Guess you lot are enjoying the sun.

One more from me as I was not happy with my mono #2.

Isabelle, taken and processed on my iPad. I like loony look on their face and the processing, used the Koloid app.

Best viewed via Flickr, on full screen (y)

Cheers all.

week 30 Mono Isabelle by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

Last edited:
Sorry, I've been crap this week!

I'm not keen at all on the flower, however I love the snail, your last ones great too, superb expression.

I'm not sure which I prefer as they're so different, sorry!

Apologies from me too Andy, this week has been a bit of a downer photography wise for me :(

Onto your submissions, its another vote for the shell from me (y)
A very simple object but one which is curiously interesting. The spiral in the shell and its natural detail I feel you have captured well.

Again, as per usual it is up to your high standards lighting wise, just the little detail bottom right looks a little odd but apart from that (y)

The flower although again very competent doesn't grab me so much.

Your final image of Isabelle is a fun take on the theme and certainly one for the family album.

Good work rate Andy, one more sleep until the new theme, lets hope inspiration will strike (me) this week. ;)

Sorry, I've been crap this week!

I'm not keen at all on the flower, however I love the snail, your last ones great too, superb expression.

I'm not sure which I prefer as they're so different, sorry!

Cheers, yeah, I, not at all keen on the flower :bonk:

Isabelle's expression does make me chuckle :D

Apologies from me too Andy, this week has been a bit of a downer photography wise for me :(

Onto your submissions, its another vote for the shell from me (y)
A very simple object but one which is curiously interesting. The spiral in the shell and its natural detail I feel you have captured well.

Again, as per usual it is up to your high standards lighting wise, just the little detail bottom right looks a little odd but apart from that (y)

The flower although again very competent doesn't grab me so much.

Your final image of Isabelle is a fun take on the theme and certainly one for the family album.

Good work rate Andy, one more sleep until the new theme, lets hope inspiration will strike (me) this week. ;)

Hope you're on the up (y)

The flower, I was tempted to remove, but decided its all part of the learning experience.

Cheers.

Last edited:
simplicity of the snail shell for me, was thinking the BG was overbright - but you've kept the shadow under it to anchor it in the frame,

just read the stacking part - top work there!!

I see the idea of the flower (hasn't worked for me but you're right to leave it there), it's far from being bad, but after the snail shell it looks average!

Interesting shot of isabelle - better than the standard "trying to get them to smile" shots. i like it (y)

simplicity of the snail shell for me, was thinking the BG was overbright - but you've kept the shadow under it to anchor it in the frame,

just read the stacking part - top work there!!

I see the idea of the flower (hasn't worked for me but you're right to leave it there), it's far from being bad, but after the snail shell it looks average!

Interesting shot of isabelle - better than the standard "trying to get them to smile" shots. i like it (y)

Yup, the flower...more of an experiment.

Cheers.

Can't get my imagination up and running this week and spent an hour stacking photographs of a zipper for my connection....not very imaginative. Used my 105mm that has a mentally shallow DOF.

Then on viewing in LR and I'd focused on the material instead of the zipper and even though this distance between the surface of the zipper an the material was about 1mm the zipper was totally OOF :bonk:

I took one at f51 to see what it would look like. Even at f51 the dof falls of near the top!

Anyway, enough ramblings and I know I still have several days to see what else I can come up with, sooooo, here's a zipper at f51 for 30 seconds.

Week 32 Connection by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

f51??? :eek: :LOL:

Super detail on the fabric and the teeth of the zip, and the zip handle bit, DOF disppearing out the top looks correct for the shot....

Funny how the "all in focus" takes away any element of scale from the shot, guessing this is pretty tiny - like you snail shell "felt" a lot larger than it actually was.

Hi Andy
nice bit of macro there and a great connection to the theme, the DoF looks fine falling off the top, there is some great detail in there (y)

I'm with Graham and Allan on this one Andy, the fall off in focus at the top does not detract at all from the main subject and is as one would expect (y)

I like the crop and composition here, the teeth of the closed zip present a leading line up towards the zip itself and then through the image. The long narrow(ish) crop is just right, it gives the viewer just enough detail to look around what is a simple everyday object but handled so very effectively (y)

I hear you on the lack of imagination matey ;)

Onwards and upwards eh?

Gawd... how did I get so far behind :bang:

Steps - The leafs are very unusual, loving the colour of the colour one but just too un-natural for me mate, looks like a leaf with a bit cut out with scissors :D such a nice image without the butchery :)

Mono - A tough choice again, first thoughts are for the snail shell, love the little shadow detail below it, great background that just vanishes and real nice detail - as for the flower, a great idea again, liking the lighting you have chosen, if there was a bit more sharpness on the stamen that would be my choice (y)

<EDIT>

Missed Connection too :LOL:

Connection - Nowt wrong with that Andy, excellent shot infact, great idea love the detail and as said by others the fall off in focus at the top really suits the image, I'd love to have taken it :clap:

Last edited:
Connection- only add to what has already been said, great detail. Different idea.

f51??? :eek:

Super detail on the fabric and the teeth of the zip, and the zip handle bit, DOF disppearing out the top looks correct for the shot....

Funny how the "all in focus" takes away any element of scale from the shot, guessing this is pretty tiny - like you snail shell "felt" a lot larger than it actually was.

Hi Andy
nice bit of macro there and a great connection to the theme, the DoF looks fine falling off the top, there is some great detail in there (y)

I'm with Graham and Allan on this one Andy, the fall off in focus at the top does not detract at all from the main subject and is as one would expect (y)

I like the crop and composition here, the teeth of the closed zip present a leading line up towards the zip itself and then through the image. The long narrow(ish) crop is just right, it gives the viewer just enough detail to look around what is a simple everyday object but handled so very effectively (y)

I hear you on the lack of imagination matey ;)

Onwards and upwards eh?

Gawd... how did I get so far behind :bang:

Steps - The leafs are very unusual, loving the colour of the colour one but just too un-natural for me mate, looks like a leaf with a bit cut out with scissors :D such a nice image without the butchery :)

Mono - A tough choice again, first thoughts are for the snail shell, love the little shadow detail below it, great background that just vanishes and real nice detail - as for the flower, a great idea again, liking the lighting you have chosen, if there was a bit more sharpness on the stamen that would be my choice (y)

<EDIT>

Missed Connection too :LOL:

Connection - Nowt wrong with that Andy, excellent shot infact, great idea love the detail and as said by others the fall off in focus at the top really suits the image, I'd love to have taken it :clap:

Connection- only add to what has already been said, great detail. Different idea.

Cheers, all, appreciate the FB (y)

Helllooooooo :wave:

flippin 'eck ,can't belive I've missed I'm so far behind with comments on your thread.....big apologies matey :crying:

Mono.......snil for me.....stacked or other wise it's a blinding shot with so much detail , a hint of shadow where you'd expect & a superb background.....one for framing me thinks :clap::clap:

Steps.....I'm with Iain on this one ,technically it's spot on but the concept is lost on me...sorry

Isabelle....she's growing up for sure......& that's a lovely loony expression

The flower...again technically spot on but fuschias should be in glorious color

Connection.......fab angle , superb detail & great in mono......top work mister :clap:

Helllooooooo :wave:

flippin 'eck ,can't belive I've missed I'm so far behind with comments on your thread.....big apologies matey :crying:

Mono.......snil for me.....stacked or other wise it's a blinding shot with so much detail , a hint of shadow where you'd expect & a superb background.....one for framing me thinks :clap::clap:

Steps.....I'm with Iain on this one ,technically it's spot on but the concept is lost on me...sorry

Isabelle....she's growing up for sure......& that's a lovely loony expression

The flower...again technically spot on but fuschias should be in glorious color

Connection.......fab angle , superb detail & great in mono......top work mister :clap:

Cheers, Lynne.

One thing I've noticed is that most of my submissions are taken inside our house....just taken a Beginning...inside :bonk:

Must get out more.

Cheers.

Cheers, Lynne.

One thing I've noticed is that most of my submissions are taken inside our house....just taken a Beginning...inside :bonk:

Must get out more.

Cheers.

Shooting inside was mentioned to me too, earlier in the year Andy.

I don't think there is anything particularly wrong with it to be honest, it's your style after all, no bad thing (y)

The detail in the snail shot is great, and the processing really suits. I don't think I can fully appreciate the work that went into it, must read up on stacking... sounds tricky.

Ditto the zip, it works for me as an image, largely because of the detail. The textures in the metal and the fabric really give it something.

The expression makes the Isabelle shot for me, not sure about the processing, but there's enough interest in her face to carry it.

I think you got beginning about right. It's on theme, nice comp and colours too.

Hi Andy

Connection - super sharp where it needs to be, lots of detail and interest for such a mundane article, sympathetic crop and good exposure

Beginning - good subject for the theme, nice angle and good colours. Can't make out if it is a touch oof on the top spikes or whether that is the high key effect burning it out a bit.

you seem to have the white background, subtle shadow effect competely nailed now Andy - no crit of that aspect.......

Border works perfectly too...

plenty of detail too inside the chestnut conkery thing. super compositiion with the stalk giving a great lead in to the image.

nicely done.

Very well executed, sort of a nature product shot - you starting an ebay company ;)

Hi Andy very adept as you say, I tried the same thing cut open a conker and was hoping to find a fully formed brown conker inside, but it was like yours.
Its nicely exposed, lit, sharp and the composition is good, maybe the BG is not helping, something dark maybe:thinking:

Cheers, all, appreciate the FB.

Wonder what Saturday will bring and if I've missed your and not left GB do let me know as it can be easy to miss someone's photographs.

Cheers all....and who's doing it again next year :)

Technically very good Andy, can't fault the execution (y)

Maybe just needs a little something else to make it sparkle, not sure what to suggest on that score though :thinking:

Onwards and upwards eh?

Technically very good Andy, can't fault the execution (y)

Maybe just needs a little something else to make it sparkle, not sure what to suggest on that score though :thinking:

Onwards and upwards eh?

Hi, Iain, in the vernacular 'tru dat!' :)

I seem to be doing well technically, but, my ideas seem to have dried up for some reason :bonk:

As you say, onwards and upwards....I'm still enjoying it, though (y)

Cheers.

Hi, Iain, in the vernacular 'tru dat!' :)

I seem to be doing well technically, but, my ideas seem to have dried up for some reason :bonk:

As you say, onwards and upwards....I'm still enjoying it, though (y)

Cheers.

I know the feeling Andy :(

I think we are very similar photography/52 wise in our ideas/ethos. I enjoy the artistic side as I believe you do too?

Back