weekly Posiview's 2013 52. Week 52, Water added TTFN.

Congrats on reaching "a fousand" Andy, looks like you did a bit of unnecessary padding there!

Hi Andy
Sleek - like the idea with a very retro feel about it. Like the colour version best except for the button because the washed out subtlety of the colours adds to the retro.

Colour - brilliant for me - no idea how it is done and I can only see it taking hours to do. Creative and imaginative(y) It must be a dark art.

Crikey that must have taken some doing!

Spot on for me, the colours really glow, and the overall simplicity of the image belies the ton of work it must have involved. A really great idea!

Congrats on reaching "a fousand" Andy, looks like you did a bit of unnecessary padding there!

Yeah, went a bit weired there.

Hi Andy
Sleek - like the idea with a very retro feel about it. Like the colour version best except for the button because the washed out subtlety of the colours adds to the retro.

Colour - brilliant for me - no idea how it is done and I can only see it taking hours to do. Creative and imaginative(y) It must be a dark art.

Cheers, I do like the X20.

Colour took a while :puke:

Crikey that must have taken some doing!

Spot on for me, the colours really glow, and the overall simplicity of the image belies the ton of work it must have involved. A really great idea!

Cheers, I felt I needed a decent photograph after the errm, not so good one's I've posted recently.

This, without a doubt one of the naffest posts I've done for a long time.

there've been plenty worse than this one tbh Andy.. :naughty: meaning that this works fine for me, I can see two links to the theme, both the structuire and all the goodies that lurk inside it, and the way its processed, (I thought daytime long exposure) but 1/500 says selective movement blur on the clouds?? Which I really like. (y)

Plus the strong red, and the vibrant blue of the sky. Verticals are all vertical. (y)

If I were to be picky, I'd be asking for a bit more on the right hand edge. but that's all. :)

Hi Andy
Its a nice enough image well composed, not keen on the sky it looks a bit false
otherwise not as bad as you think (y)

Hi ya & congrats on the 1000th 52 post...:giggle:

Fantasy....now if it had be Maserati or Aston....oh yes , fantasy for sure :LOL: Like the shot baring the sky which looks a littleodd to me , great colors , good angle & would work really well as an advertising shot for the dealer (y) (y) (y)

Great fun take on it Andy. The fact that both of you have had a go is brilliant. A third volunteer would have made a great colourful family triptych.

Nice tight crops with just enough face visible behind.

Last edited:
Hi Andy

Agree with Graham nothing I can add really,
except I am surprised that is all you could get in :giggle:

Cheers all. Triptych would have been good but I only ,an ages to sneak my iPad in my bag so processing is minimal.

Given more time I'd like to have put more straws in there....yes there was more room, Allan :)

Cheers.

Cheers all. Triptych would have been good but I only ,an ages to sneak my iPad in my bag so processing is minimal.

Given more time I'd like to have put more straws in there....yes there was more room, Allan :)

Cheers.

Hi Andy, love the colours of the straws. I prefer the first with Isabelle in it. I think I prefer the contrast on her hair. (y)

Hi Andy, love the colours of the straws. I prefer the first with Isabelle in it. I think I prefer the contrast on her hair. (y)

Cheers, Brian.

Afternoon matey...how was/is Whitby ?

Only you could come up with that shot for Fit........I ain't saying nuffin.....:muted: :muted:

:)

Got back this afternoon :( We stayed in a cottage in Sandsend and we're looking to go back in a few years.

The wreck, well, I was a tad underwhelmed. Not sure what I expected but I think something a tad bigger. I think I prefer the wreck, if that's what it is, further up towards Whitby harbour.

Interesting place, nonetheless, especially with the large rock and some cracking smaller rocks on the shoreline.

Had a quick glance at what I've got and not many keepers. I might post a few to Flickr. Main issue was the wind....sheesh, it was windy. I've just bought a caribiner so I can weigh my tripod down with my camera bag.

I sound a tad grumpy...think I'm missing the sound of crashing waves :)

Not long until the meet :banana:

Cheers.

Well, another 52 completed.

This one's for me. It's exactly how I want it. I have an affinity with the sea because my grandfather was the coxswain of Scarborough lifeboat and other family members also worked (and died) on the lifeboat. I could have sat there for hours.

It's been a real pleasure commenting and receiving your comments and support throughout the year.

Take care everyone and keep making photographs.

Week 52 Water
by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi ya matey....just spotted this one on your flickr....very you indeed , love the processing (y) I won't crit cos as you stated....It's exactly how you want it & that , at the end of the day , is what this malarky is all about :)

So , here we are again...another year older , a few more grey hairs & a real feeling of satisfaction to have completed another year of challenge in the 52's . Things learnt , friends made & above all...it's been a blast :clap:

See ya in the new year Andy :wave:

Hi Andy

Nice finish to the year and a very poignant image,
Congratulations on a good year of pics :clap:

Hi Andy

Fantasy - excellent . V good idea for the theme as it does not include the car but merely the aspiration of the name. Good comp and only minor niggle is the exposure of the 'O'. Lovely colours
Fit - again spot on. Prefer #1 as the face is better exposed. Good punchy colours
Water- may be your best of the year. Beautifully composed, super exposure, wistful of the times past referring both to the sea and the Challenge. Quite touching. :clap:

Solid end to the year for you. Congratulations.

Finishing on a high note there andy - Water is one to really lose yourself in. (y)

Have to say a big well done for not only your shots throughout the year but for your infectious enthusiasm and relentless positivity. Yeah you've had a few low weeks, but have produced some real crackers along the way, great focus stacked macros, beautiful minimalism, and pure entertainment, and an great eye for a well constructed triptych.

Going again for 2014 eh? I'll keep an eye on that. (y)

happy New Year

Finishing on a high note there andy - Water is one to really lose yourself in. (y)

Have to say a big well done for not only your shots throughout the year but for your infectious enthusiasm and relentless positivity. Yeah you've had a few low weeks, but have produced some real crackers along the way, great focus stacked macros, beautiful minimalism, and pure entertainment, and an great eye for a well constructed triptych.

Going again for 2014 eh? I'll keep an eye on that. (y)

happy New Year

I appreciate the kind words. I'm sure you'll be back for 2105 :)

Great shot to end on Andy, Thanks for a great fun year. See you in February! :cow:

Cheers, Brian, indeed 52 days to go.

Hey Andy :)

Sorry not managed to get around lately... now trying to catch up on a few :oops: :$

Sleek - I much prefer the colour version, very nicely put together, a cracking product image :clap:

Colour - First thoughts a Nice and colourful flower... second thoughts WOW :jawdrop: is that all smoke... blimey mate I bet that did take a while :clap:

Fantasy - Not sure what you don't like about it, works really well to me, great lines, nicely done sky - Like It (y)

Fit - :LOL:

Water - What a great finish, really nicely done and love the PP you have added... no crit from me :clap:

Well done for getting to the end mate... See you in February :)

Hey Andy :)

Sorry not managed to get around lately... now trying to catch up on a few :oops: :$

Sleek - I much prefer the colour version, very nicely put together, a cracking product image :clap:

Colour - First thoughts a Nice and colourful flower... second thoughts WOW :jawdrop: is that all smoke... blimey mate I bet that did take a while :clap:

Fantasy - Not sure what you don't like about it, works really well to me, great lines, nicely done sky - Like It (y)

Fit - :LOL:

Water - What a great finish, really nicely done and love the PP you have added... no crit from me :clap:

Well done for getting to the end mate... See you in February :)

Cheers, bud, appreciate the feedback.

2 days until week 1 and see you in 49 days....

Back