2010 Photo 52 - Week 02

SimonTALM

Linford Christie
Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Well as I've got my shot in a day early I thought I would pull next weeks theme now rather than waiting to later in the day.

The theme for week 02 is

Poem / Poetry

without wanting to prejudice anyone's thought processes this theme was suggested as a way to let you take an image to represent a poem of your choice. However, I can think of a number of other ways this theme can be interpreted so let you mind wander lonely as a cloud for a bit first :coat:

Let the discussion commence

Oh blimey where does one start, perhaps you lead Simon we follow.

LOL you are joking - no not - uhmmmmmmmmmm have to think about this one

Now is there a poem about snow :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Nice theme! And I thought Wk1 required some thinking! :wacky:

Have a few ideas though and I can't wait to get started!

Thanks Simon.

I've had an idea since I posted above, but the trouble is it won't work if it snows ...

Best carry on thinking then ...

Most of my poems are written in haste,
And therefore resultantly lacking in taste,
People who read them and think they are fine,
Must surely have a taste just as rotten as mine.

Hmmm.......

I'm glad that this one came out early - it's going to take quite a bit of thinking about :thinking:
But to be fair, I think it's a fairly open theme. Pick a subject, any subject and there's bound to be a poem out there about it (y)
And of course, there are other ways to interpret the theme.

I can see John's poetry threads getting busy after this week. For anyone who missed the discussion thread on themes, these were the threads that inspired this choice of theme. (Not my choice BTW ;) )

Poems and Pictures 1

Poems and Pictures 2

There was an old man from Nantucket...

Toughie, bit of a curved ball I might even say :D I must point out that Roger McGough is a hero of mine...

Know what I want to do for this. I have 2 poems that I love and know what I need to represent either of them. Slight problem is actually managing to find wha I need this week. I'm NOT taking the easy option of finding something nice to shoot and then a poem to match it.

er - thanks

now where did I put my thinking cap - not seen it for ages :thinking:

btw is there a simple way to subscribe to a thread so we can see what each week's subject will be? :shrug:
I only stumbled across it by accident

oh and the only poem I know is about a chap named Rockingham :naughty:

Drat...... how am I going to shoehorn that one into a macro :D didn't think it was going to be easy :LOL:

And to think I was looking forward to this being drawn!
Will jot some ideas down after a couple of cold ones tonight :beer:

I'm glad that this one came out early - it's going to take quite a bit of thinking about :thinking:
But to be fair, I think it's a fairly open theme. Pick a subject, any subject and there's bound to be a poem out there about it (y)
And of course, there are other ways to interpret the theme.

I can see John's poetry threads getting busy after this week. For anyone who missed the discussion thread on themes, these were the threads that inspired this choice of theme. (Not my choice BTW ;) )

Poems and Pictures 1

Poems and Pictures 2

Caramba I have no excuse now do I :)

Oh bloody hell poems. What the )(&_*" hell do I know about poe....

*ahem*

Great theme :D
Time to dust off the old GCSE revision books, I vaguely remember William Blake and Seamus Heany.

And OMG I've just had an idea. Hmm, this might take some planning though. Is that crowbar smiley ready yet?

Great theme :D
Time to dust off the old GCSE revision books, I vaguely remember William Blake and Seamus Heany.

I remember bl**** Seamus Heaney and his love of Maud Gonne. A-Level English Lit that was!

Actually, where is that copy of the Complete Works of ... :exit:

Most of my favourite poets are dead, but I have a cunning plan . . .

Based on stan's popular post I'm tempted to recreate the scene and go for "Poetic Justice"

thats quite a theme!! way to drop us new 52ers in at the deep end! lol i'll get thinking!!!

I know the shot im going for now, and where I live is very helpfull!

Back