2010 Photo 52 - Week 02

Autumn, northern France - piece of pee......

January - Norfolk? ..........

Does it have to be a picture I take this week, or can you use something that you took previously that would fit really well?

and I mean REALLY well.

I'd say it's up to you Lynton - but the idea behind the 52 is to make a better photographer of you, not to bask in past glories. Having said that, if it's a good one I'd say sod the rules and go for it... they're only guidelines :D

Arthur

you rebel Arthur!

Yeah I know it's to make you a better photographer, but Norfolk isn't exactly well known for poets, and ho hum, inspiration already running low...... not a huge fan of poetry (other than the Classic War Poets.... Sassoon / Owen etc.....) I do have a great poppy pic, that will be 1st reserve unless I come up with anything in the next week......

Thinking cap on......Bell's glass full

I was just thinking of retiring from the 52 challenge :LOL: and then... I just had a brainwave and it now seems to all slot into place. I was originally thinking wtf do I know about poetry but It all becomes clear. I have a photo to take now but it will take a lot of thinking about as I am as creative as a house brick :LOL:

you rebel Arthur!

Yeah I know it's to make you a better photographer, but Norfolk isn't exactly well known for poets,

I know a nice poem about Norfolk ;)

I know the picture I'm getting now, I'm hoping to get it tomorrow. It's tricky one this as poetry isn't really my thing, which is what I like about the challenge - it'll make me think about things I don't usually :)

It's all your fault isn't it John :LOL:

Welcome to the whacky world of the 52's and Simon's bag of pain ;)

This could be an Epic... if I could work out how the hell to shot it...

It's all your fault isn't it John :LOL:

Welcome to the whacky world of the 52's and Simon's bag of pain ;)

This could be an Epic... if I could work out how the hell to shot it...

This quite frankly scares me, it will be a touchy subject for me as I am thinking if my missus Granddad who died and was a well known (round here) poet. I am maybe thinking some sort of tribute but it will be treading ont' eggs with the missus. He wrote in very thick Lanky Dialect and most all of it needs interpreting for me. Course I could just take a photo of a couple of eggs on a wall instead mastertrinity :LOL:

This quite frankly scares me, it will be a touchy subject for me as I am thinking if my missus Granddad who died and was a well known (round here) poet. I am maybe thinking some sort of tribute but it will be treading ont' eggs with the missus. He wrote in very thick Lanky Dialect and most all of it needs interpreting for me. Course I could just take a photo of a couple of eggs on a wall instead mastertrinity :LOL:

Good luck John, it sounds a fine line to walk there.

There's too many John's this year ;). Don't get me wrong it's a great name (I'm not biased in anyway :d). I was aiming that commer at Dark Star.

I have a great idea for this. Pulling it off is a different matter though.

Well I have taken a shot at it. Might re shoot though as I feel I am missing a prop.:thinking::shrug:

Just checking that photos have to be taken within the week - right? Cannot use one I took before

well thats the end of my 52 :LOL:

i got a week to hopefully think of an idea, and execute it, well lets see what i can come up with :help:

Just checking that photos have to be taken within the week - right? Cannot use one I took before

Your project, your rules Briony ;)

Personally, I'm doing this as a learning experience and I'd like to improve both my photography and PP skills.
My own rule is that I will present a new image each week.
In most weeks this will be a new photograph taken specifically for the theme, however, I will allow myself to draw on an earlier shot(s) to learn or develop a new PP technique as long as the resulting image is different enough from the original to be classified as new and is created specifically with the theme in mind.

I said something similar earlier, but for those who are struggling with this, I think there are a number of approaches that will work for this theme.

1) Choose a poem and set out to get a shot to illustrate it.
IMO the definition of poem can also include haiku, nursery rhymes or even song lyrics.

2) Shoot something that interests you and then google a poem to go with it - or even write something yourself.
This one reminds me of English lessons at school. "Here's a picture, now be inspired and go write a poem" :LOL:

3) Look for an alternative interpretation of the theme. I can already think of 3, just off the top of my head, that wouldn't involve actually quoting a poem.

4) Play your joker! Probably a bit early for that though :razz:

Just my rambling thoughts, but it might help some of you out.

I remember bl**** Seamus Heaney and his love of Maud Gonne.

Wasn't it W.B. Yeats who had the fascination with Maud Gonne? I think I remember him writing something about Helen of Troy that was supposed to be about Maud Gonne. A poem full of rhetorical questions if I recall correctly... *wanders off to google for a bit* :LOL:

Your project, your rules Briony ;)

Personally, I'm doing this as a learning experience and I'd like to improve both my photography and PP skills.
My own rule is that I will present a new image each week.
In most weeks this will be a new photograph taken specifically for the theme, however, I will allow myself to draw on an earlier shot(s) to learn or develop a new PP technique as long as the resulting image is different enough from the original to be classified as new and is created specifically with the theme in mind.

I said something similar earlier, but for those who are struggling with this, I think there are a number of approaches that will work for this theme.

1) Choose a poem and set out to get a shot to illustrate it.
IMO the definition of poem can also include haiku, nursery rhymes or even song lyrics.

2) Shoot something that interests you and then google a poem to go with it - or even write something yourself.
This one reminds me of English lessons at school. "Here's a picture, now be inspired and go write a poem" :LOL:

3) Look for an alternative interpretation of the theme. I can already think of 3, just off the top of my head, that wouldn't involve actually quoting a poem.

4) Play your joker! Probably a bit early for that though :razz:

Just my rambling thoughts, but it might help some of you out.

Thanks, just in case I do get stuck then I have something to fall back on.

I did want to do a new image each week.

Will get my thinking cap on and I intend not to use a joker at all if I can help it :LOL::LOL:

Done a few test shots today to see if my idea will work - first time I have done a set up type shot so was unsure if it would come out the same as the idea in my head....

Need a few more props, but should have it done tomorrow or Tuesday :)

Poems... I know bugger all about poems :(

Going to have to really think about this one...!

OK done mine. As I'm pretty much house bound at the moment I picked something in the home to photograph and found a suitable poem.

Oh dear, I'm going to fall at the second hurdle. What a topic! Still, I suppose the whole premise of a themed 52 is to challenge ourselves and to some extent to take us out of our comfort zone and to get us thinking.

I have the germination of an idea, but I am not sure if I have the skills to do it justice. I guess the next few days will tell.

(y) done next please i really thought i was going to struggle with this one but didn't want to pull a joker this early,other thought's i had were street signs we have a poets estate near us but thought that was too easy then i thought about pub's names (hint there is a dead poets inn in buxton if anyones struggling around derbyshire)but again wanted to think outside the box a little good luck everyone

Hmm, struggling.

I see many are struggling through a lack of knowledge of things poetical. I'm having a slightly different problem.

A few years ago I became yer actual published poet - nothing highbrow, you understand. My level of poetic expression reaches no higher than writing, for example, about the effects of eating too many chillies.
However, I'm blessed if I can think of anything to do, even to accompany one of my own ditties.

My level of poetic expression reaches no higher than writing, for example, about the effects of eating too many chillies.

Come on - you are not getting away with that... we need more!

Arthur

Yay, really enjoyed doing this one in the end, might leads to a new theme for photos in the long term for myself.

Okay, I've got my idea sorted. Just need to get wifey to model for me. :)

Come on - you are not getting away with that... we need more!

And I think you might be getting it.
I'm hoping to do an interpretation of a little titty about dits, as the Reverend Spooner might say;)

Can I just say a heart felt thank you to whoever had the original poem idea and whoever it was that suggested this theme for the 52s (please forgive me I can't remember who you both were - well I have an idea but I don't want to look a fool by getting it wrong ;) ). I have spent a very enjoyable evening so far searching out poems and have come across some great poetry.

The only poem I could remember from a child was

"Who's that tickling my back" said the wall.
"It's me" said the caterpillar, "I'm learning to crawl."
Anon

Unfortunately / fortunately it's the wrong time of year for caterpillars otherwise I would have chosen this.

Hi,

I am a newbie here and just trawling through the threads and came upon this....I took a picture last week that I borrowed the title from a poem I know - how freaky is that? Anyway, can anyone enter this ?

regards
P&S

Hi,

I am a newbie here and just trawling through the threads and came upon this....I took a picture last week that I borrowed the title from a poem I know - how freaky is that? Anyway, can anyone enter this ?

regards
P&S

Never too late - check out this thread for more information

Thanks Simon,

A little lost at the moment where I have to post my pic....going to get a cuppa and read again!

Back