Test run of "lifestyle"portraits

Name
Jen
Edit My Images
Yes
I roped a friend in for some outdoors and (mostly) natural light portraits this afternoon, I rarely get the opportunity to photograph other adults so it was a great chance to get some practice in, would love some feedback or opinions. Number 2 was using off camera flash - opinions on this one would be really helpful (does it look alright, not alright, etc)

(excuse the logo, I forgot to edit my export settings)

lol 2 by Jen (ie Iris_255), on Flickr

lol 3 by Jen (ie Iris_255), on Flickr

lol 4 by Jen (ie Iris_255), on Flickr

lol 6 by Jen (ie Iris_255), on Flickr

Last edited:
Good set, generally like them all
Some crit:
first I would straighten it up, using the pavement line as horizontal, otherwise I like.
second, the fill flash has not quite balanced, the BG is a bit dark.
third ticks all the right boxes, a good one.

Really like no.3 and no.4!!

No.2 looks a bit dark to me, think the foliage is too thick I much prefer the background to be a bit brighter if there is any sky or else I go completely the opposite way and like a really dark desaturated back ground with loads of texture :)

Nice set :D

I didn't notice the pavement line :bonk:

Thank you both for your feedback :)

Her face looks a little too bright to me on the first? May just be me though :LOL:

The second looks a little too dark too. But I really like the last one for some reason! I think its a cool shot! :)

Mank said:
Her face looks a little too bright to me on the first? May just be me though :LOL:

The second looks a little too dark too. But I really like the last one for some reason! I think its a cool shot! :)

Cheers Rob, they're definitely worth a revisit :)

Back