365 : A self portrait every day for one year

I dont mind the shopping per se, it's the fact I'm forced to stand around in the middle of stuff that doesn't interest me whatsoever :p

343.365 : I've lost ma footin' cap'n!

Marcel Booth posted a photo:

Uh oh!, at this rate, it won't be long before I can't see my feet!

I hate my tummy. It's the centre of my weight problem. My legs, arms, face etc, I can live with, but all my weight centres around my tummy.

I wish spot-reducing fat was possible....sadly it's not...It's all gorra come off :D

Back to the gym soon!

081212_5308

More...

Back to the gym soon!
"Soon"?

Marcel, I yield to no man as far as my skill at procrastination is concerned, and I see signs of it here. "Soon" usually means ""some time, maybe". No matter how much time has passed without any positive action, one can always rationalise that one is still within the scope of that original "soon".

"Today" (or "tomorrow" or "this weekend" etc.) is much better. Give it a try.

343.365 : I've lost ma footin' cap'n!

I wish spot-reducing fat was possible....sadly it's not...It's all gorra come off :D
More...

A low carb diet may be the answer Marcel. Lots of meat fish, eggs, fruit and veg, and no sweets, chocolate, pasta, bread rice. You lose weight but even more in inches and, as long as its protein based you can still eat load of delicious stuff.

Instead of a chicken fillet and chips with some peas, for example, you'd have the same chicken fillet with load of stir fried broccoli, red peppers and mushrooms.

My boss has lost two stone in three months and he has gone from chubby (all around his stomach) to slim. he thinks he may have been wheat intolerant which is why he only put on weight on his tummy. I'm a bigger framed person than he is, being 6'4'' and thick set, but I have lost a stone and even though my weight loss is stubbornly stuck there, my clothes continue to fit better.

I can continue this way of eating all through Christmas as there are plenty of nice stuff I can eat. I'd rather have another bit of cold meat than the Christmas pud anyway!

It may be worth you giving it a try?

Just catching up again here, Marcel. (y)

You really are on the home straight now. Your creativity and imagination has kept us all coming back to this one thread for a whole year, amazing really, especially since we've grown so big now!

Congrats on the anniversary, I missed that due to my manflu, if you fancy a touch of weightloss with minimum physical input, Ill gladly come and share my germs with you. :D

By the way, you make an ace fairy... but please remember the frothy dress next time :)

I'm the worlds worst procrastinator, which is one of the reasons why I havent been to the gym.
The main reason behind it though, is that I'm tired. Just very 'meh' and a general lack of energy all the time, bumbling along, stumbling forward through each day.
It used to be worse when I was on the medication I've just stopped. It's gotten better since then, but it still isn't perfect.
Now, it's mostly in part to a very bad sleep routine.
I rarely get a decent sound nights sleep. Why? Because I don't get to bed until late.

I must admit, that's partly down to personal choice, but the real irony is that often an evenings conversation with my wife goes like this :

Her : I'm going to bed, are you coming?
Me : I can't, I haven't done my 365 yet.
;)

And by the time I've gotten round to doing it, it's 2 or 3 in the morning, and I'm finally getting tired. (By 9pm ish of a night time, boom, I'm wide awake...always have been).

So I end up getting about 5 hours sleep.
Next morning I drag myself out of bed, to do the school run etc, and then bumble through the day being really tired.
Sometimes I have a daytime nap, sometimes I don't. Either way, come 9pmish again, bang, I'm wide awake again, and the process starts all over.

What really doesn't help is that pretty much most of my waking hours, apart from the routine stuff, are spent on here. First thing I do in the morning before the school run, log on, check emails and forums. Back from school, check forums, make a brew, check forums...and so on and so forth.

So this 365, while it's been a blessing, has also been a bit of a burden. Quite the double edges sword.

On one side, the commitment I have given to it to at least DO the 365 daily, and my resolve in not skipping a day, has made me somewhat proud.
However, that same commitment hasn't helped me turn my life around and step away from the computer ;)

Oh well, 2nd Jan looms, so maybe a new project is on the cards :) One which is fashioned in such a way that I will find it difficult to give up (like this 365), but will actually be healthier for me...lol

As for the gym though. It's not *just* the tiredness, lethargy and general lack of motivation that stops me. It's other factors too if I'm honest.
I hate going to the gym at night during the week. It's too busy, it's full of people, and I hate it. So I used to go on a Friday night.
Unfortunately, my daughter now does Brownies on a friday night, so that's out.
Which leaves the daytime, Monday to Friday. (between 9:30 and 3pm, schooltimes, give or take).
My wife needs taking to college on a Monday, smack bang in the middle of the day, which rules that out.
Tuesday I do the walking bus to school, and by the time I get home I'm knackered.
Weds I take my mum and gran shopping.
Which leaves a clear day on thurs and fri, and the tiredness means I just can't be bothered.

OK, I can work around alot of these reasons, if not most, but it's just another nail in the procrastination coffin.
And when I do finally muster up the motivation to go....the kids break up from school, so I have to stop again.

So that, and my insatiable appetite for food means I'm a big fat fatty, and yes I know it's my own doing. And yes, I know exactly what I need to do to reverse it.

Easier said than done though :)

Mate, I hear you.

Good luck in the New Year, you have shown fantastic determination, strength of character and a great deal of talent in what you have achieved this year. You should be proud of yourself and if nothing else you have proved what you can do when you put your mind to it. Losing a few pounds and getting fit will be easy if you set your mind to it.

(y)

By the way when your wife says "are you coming to bed?", there is only one answer. :woot:

a nice insight to the life of the bod(y) just out of curiousity how long do you spend on the forums a day?

344.365 : Look ma, I'm distorted!

Absolutely no thought went into today's shot. I was just randomly snapping away with my 10-20 on, when I noticed that this angle almost made me look thin (with a distorted face, but hey, I can live with that :D).

081213_5337

More...

345.365 : I saw a plane!

Been trimming a couple of doors today (After a lovely saturday lie-in...thanks kids!).
When we had carpet fitted on the stairs and landing the other week, there were two doors which didn't fit properly with the raised floor...so needed trimming.

A bit of sawing later and a smooth going over with an electrine plane.
Complete with one sweaty head (Why does my head sweat so easily? The rest of me doesn't!).

Anyway, tis now done, the doors are up, my 365 is done for today, and I can get an early night tonight and see if I can start making a change on my sleep routine!

081213_5342

More...

346.365 : O! tannenbaum, O! tannenbaum

Went to Manchester today with three friends and fellow photographers, Tom Holms, Pete Carr, and Gaz Eddleston.

We went to do some street photography around the Christmas Markets, and to my surprise, I came away with about 255 shots. Not bad for an evening's shooting. Quite a few duffers, but on a first skip through they don't look too bad!

Everyone was quite receptive to us. Security didn't hassle, no one complained etc, so it was quite refreshing :)

081214_5399

More...

343.365 : That's nothing, i can't see my toes :LOL: (Joking)

345.365 - Should i be scared? :LOL:

346.365 - Peekaboo :D

347.365 : Only meeeeeeeee!

A shot of me pulling a stupid grin tonight I'm afraid.

My little lad is off school poorly, so I haven't been up to much today, except staying at home looking after him.

Car battery was flat again this morning. Although it's nearly 8 years old, so I think it's time for a new one. Great. That's another 70 quid on the credit card I could have done without.

My wife and I went to see our daughter in the school panto tonight which was very good. As she's only in Year 5, she was part of the choir (all year 6 get speaking parts).
It was Goldilocks and the Three Bears....with a twist.....in that it was set in a courtroom :D, and Goldilocks was charged with breaking and entering, theft, criminal damage, and a couple of other things :D

The jury found her not guilty though, so she skipped off scot free.....Shame the baby bear followed her out of the courtroom and ate her :D

Was great fun though. I love these stories with a modern twist!

In other news, I'm pff to the hospital to be squeezed and prodded by nurses tomorrow! Hopefully my blood pressure will be as low as I'm hoping it will be! :D

(I'll just have to steer clear of any x-Factor paraphernalia on the way there)

081216_5673

More...

In other news, I'm pff to the hospital to be squeezed and prodded by nurses tomorrow! Hopefully my blood pressure will be as low as I'm hoping it will be! :D

I guess you was tired writing this? :LOL: Or is it meant to be "pff"?

Sounds like a good day (y)

Love this thread. I was going to try this but never have the time to take pictures of me. lol

Keep up the good work.

Mercel, i wonder from the time you started to now, have you noticed a change in yourself?

348.365 : Can you hear me mother?

Just added flickr integration to my nokia. Don't know why i didn't do it sooner! My first fully mobile 365

More...

Thanks LA-AL
Mercel, i wonder from the time you started to now, have you noticed a change in yourself?

Yes, I'm fatter....and more tired :D

The Aliens have landed indeed! And they have headsets, and covet corned beef sandwiches :D

Tony, I added flickr integration to my phone, so I can take pics on the phone and send em directly to flickr :D

349.365 : Black Peas and Vinegar....yum!

Yum yum yum :D

Just before bonfire night, I bought some black peas to cook. Well I never got round to it and theyve been sitting in a bag in the kitchen looking at me since.

Well last night I finally got round to soaking them, ready for cooking them today.
Took about 6 hours lol, but they were eventually ready. And delicious they are!
In a cup with splashes of vinegar on, they're a reet treet, they are!

:D

081217_5679

More...

350.365 : It's gonna be Far Out

It's a very late 365 tonight. I did plan on doing it earlier, but got caught up in the linkeriffic world of youtube.

I've been hit with the nostalgia bug tonight, and have been searching for songs from my young teenage days when I was at high school. Alot of house / hardcore stuff from the time...

Aahhhh, when times were simpler :D
I miss those days.

Anyway, it started when I was skipping through a video file I have, of a camcorder tape, taken at the time. It was recorded round at a friends house where we all 'hung out' (to use a popular phrase). In the background there is a song playing.....with a few lyrics, and I've been trying to find it :D

ARRRGHHH, my google wu is failing me and I don't like it lol

Anyway, so that started the youtube marathon.
Then I came across an artist I hadn't heard of for a while, Eskimos & Egypt. Early 90's dance music mixed with the occasional guitar riff. Used to really like some of the stuff they did.
Quick pop on ebay, and the old CD album I used to have should be with my in 2 to 4 working days :p

I often think back to my early teens. I was very very happy, but I think I missed alot of opportunities due to either my confidence, or naivity..who knows.

Such a carefree time, I was thin, fit, training 4 or 5 times a week at karate...had good friends. (We'd all basically gather at one particular friends house, where everyone would go, like an open door policy). I had my first kiss down a ginnel near there....got drunk properly for the first time there.
Loads of lads and girls, many laughs to be had.
What I remember is that I really felt like I belonged socially, something which I never ever did at school. At school I was an outsider.....bit of a poor kid tbh. We couldn't afford to go on foreign school trips, never really in with the 'in' crowd.

Yet at my friends house, with this social group, I was accepted. Money wasn't an issue. It was an in crowd, and I was part of it :D

I miss it.

Now, I think 'OMG that was nearly 17 years ago!', and I think 'where the hell has all that time gone!'

Still haven't found that tune though :D

PS. The title of todays 365 is in reference to this tune
uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gKFVG2K-qds

081219_5682

More...

Must say Marcel this has been the best long term thread on the site all year long. Its had its ups its downs, comedy, drama and suspense.

I think you should be well chuffed with having the drive to have kept it going, must have been hard at times but the finish line is in site now....

I think though to show you complete dedication to you passion and this great site you should now announce the the 365 has become a 730.

What do you think......

Nigel

351.365 : Dreamer.....nothing but a dreamer

Surprise surprise, I'm tired again. Normally this wouldn't be new, and I would just be 'meh', but I'm absolutely shattered today...more than usual.

All week, I've not had a good nights sleep, due to my usual late nights etc, but last night made it even worse.
Being up until silly o clock being all nostalgic and searching youtube meant I only had about 3 or 4 hours sleep.
This morning, school run, then post office to send my TP Secret Santa and the last of the TP members calendars.....then off to the garage to get an oil change done.
By the time I got home, I had to pick the kids up from school early (closing for christmas), then off to pick a car battery up and do a little bit of christmas shopping for my good lady wife (and the kids for their mum).

By that time it was teatime, and I hadn't stopped, and was looking forward to a quick grab shot and an early night, planning to sleep right through, catch up on all my sleep, getting up early tomorrow.

Nope. I promised a friend I'd take him to and from his works christmas 'do'. So its now coming up to midnight and I'll be setting off to pick him up in a bit.

So todays shot is me not being a bit lacklustre. I actually fell into a good sleep for about 15 minutes before I took him earlier this evening.

I'm now refreshed again with a little cat-nap and a cup of coffee :D

081219_5685

More...

well if it makes you feel any better mate i am off to bed now..:LOL:

if and when we meet again i am going to get you a pint for doing this ..

fair play its been a hell of a task..

md(y)

I made an attempt at doing this & missed one day in one week.

Keep it up.

You look tired mate. 15 days to go.
Not long to go now! :D

Must say Marcel this has been the best long term thread on the site all year long. Its had its ups its downs, comedy, drama and suspense.

I think you should be well chuffed with having the drive to have kept it going, must have been hard at times but the finish line is in site now....

I think though to show you complete dedication to you passion and this great site you should now announce the the 365 has become a 730.

What do you think......

Nigel

Thanks for the kind words Nigel. When I sit back and think about it, I'm quite pleased I actually stuck with it.
It's hard to see the ups and downs and the differences, seeing as it's me thats doing it, if that makes sense (like not seeing your kids get taller ...lol)

As for the 730..I say 730 my arse :p
I'd love to do it again, as I've really enjoyed reading everyones replies and responses, but I think I need to stop and try and tackle the issues that I've spoke about in it. IE Getting to bed late, procrastination etc etc.

I might do a weekly something though :)

well if it makes you feel any better mate i am off to bed now..:LOL:

if and when we meet again i am going to get you a pint for doing this ..

fair play its been a hell of a task..

md(y)

Dave, I may just take you up on that pint :D Thanks for the kind words too.

Have you thought about compiling a blurb photobook with the 365 - so in 20 years you can pick it off the shelf and remind yourself what you did?

I have, and I'm going to...with Blurb too (We've got something to announce with them...Hopefully going to post it tonight, if we can get all the details together ;))

I made an attempt at doing this & missed one day in one week.

Keep it up.

352.365 : Teehee

Ever had one of those days where you just think 'Oh sod all you boring people...put a smile on it will you, and stop grumbling!!'.

Well one of those days was today :D

It also meant I was in a bit of an Impish mood, especially after I found the hidden stash of chocolates behind the Christmas Tree!

081221_5692

More...

Looks like you're constipated!!!!

You need to have some bran flakes or something else to make you go!!!

I think we need to make sure this reaches 2,000 posts before the end. Shouldn't be a problem. (y)

Keep it up Marcel, the finishing post is in site.Unless of course you want to carry it through to next year! ;)

I think we need to make sure this reaches 2,000 posts before the end. Shouldn't be a problem. (y)

Keep it up Marcel, the finishing post is in site.Unless of course you want to carry it through to next year! ;)

If we can't have Marcel doing another 365 how about a Fabs 365?!

'.......Removed last sentence..........:)'

Nigel

[S4]Couldn't have put it any better.[/S4]

Thanks for the kind comments everyone. I can really see the finishing line in sight now. I've still got a page full of ideas that I never managed to do. Most of them requiring props, and quite a bit of setting up.
I'm going to try to tick some of the better ones off before the end of the year though :)

Back