Anyone else use 500px?

I'll have to go through the list and start adding everyone and giving out some +

I added a photo to my 500px profile yesterday, it had three views & votes in under 5 seconds, how is that possible :shrug:

Just joined 500px
http://500px.com/chris02
Tried using pi.pe to transfer some stuff from smugmug works fine, but I must admit that organizing pics is not that intuitive, mind still trying to get my head around sets.

Cheers, just added everyone from page 16 love your work guys puts my snaps to shame.

Think I need to be a bit more selective what I add!

Now added the most active of you back to page 13, some great stuff.

Have any of you managed to sell anything from the site (not that anyone would buy mine)?

Now added the most active of you back to page 13, some great stuff.

Have any of you managed to sell anything from the site (not that anyone would buy mine)?

I have managed to sell quite a bit on 500px Chris. Mainly downloads but have also sold a few canvases. I don't know how it compares to say selling on stock image sites but I am pleased with it.

I think the best thing about it is the portfolio side of it; very clean, very easy. And I am loving the 'story' facility. Such a simple idea, but it's already giving me dozens of ideas for short sequences of shots.

Its certainly an inspirational site Tony. The standard of photography from a lot of people on there is exceptional.

I have managed to sell quite a bit on 500px Chris. Mainly downloads but have also sold a few canvases. I don't know how it compares to say selling on stock image sites but I am pleased with it.

Thanks Iain, love your stone feet shots.

I do a lot of Club Rugby shoots maybe a simple sales root via 500 may work.

C

Thanks Iain, love your stone feet shots.

I do a lot of Club Rugby shoots maybe a simple sales root via 500 may work.

C

Not sure if you know how it works selling on there Chris, apologies if i am teaching you to suck eggs here. It does work well for those buying a download of your image, the photographer gets $2 for every $2.99 download but you can't access your money until it reaches $100. The photographer gets ~$45 for a $200 canvas sold. I would guess canvases sold in the US are straightforward enough for shipping but I wouldn't think a canvas would travel too well overseas. Iain

Not sure if you know how it works selling on there Chris, apologies if i am teaching you to suck eggs here. It does work well for those buying a download of your image, the photographer gets $2 for every $2.99 download but you can't access your money until it reaches $100. The photographer gets ~$45 for a $200 canvas sold. I would guess canvases sold in the US are straightforward enough for shipping but I wouldn't think a canvas would travel too well overseas. Iain

Must admit to not looking that deep at the moment so yes news to me. On reflection I would also like to make a donation to the clubs, so to make it worth while I would need to sell loads, unlikely me thinks. Thinking head back on.

Cheers

Back