Bargain 60D

How much is Kerso charging?

When mine is finally cancelled I am torn between a 60D and 7D.

Currently £699 + £20 P&P so if after my experiment to see if the 60D is good enough for me (now I've been spoilt by the 7D) I'll be either selling that or the 7D.

Ooo, just got my ASA acknowledgement though.

Last edited:
Got my ASA acknowledgement earlier today, also got a reply from the CEO's assistant, it reads:

Thank you for your email which is receiving our attention.

Aye....right!

I feel really bad bringing this to everyone's attention - next time I see an awesome deal, I'll keep quiet. OK?

I feel really bad bringing this to everyone's attention - next time I see an awesome deal, I'll keep quiet. OK?

Nah, was all good fun.

Wonder if you would have got it if literally just a handful of people ordered over the weekend...

no need to feel bad - I think a lot of people expected Tesco to back out of the deal but they did not expect them to take the money nor keep advertising the incorrect price for over 24 hours after starting to cancel orders

its been fun reading this thread, sorry it didn`t work out for you guys.

Last edited:
yeah thanks OP for brining it to our attention in the first place dont feel bad about it just one of those things

tijuana taxi said:
Sure no one really wanted a lens that sucks up more dust than a dyson or a plastic camera that would probably break if you gripped it too hard

Bet you all feel much better about it now

you've been reading too many Internet forums. the 17-55 has no such dust problem. I never had one spec of dust in the time I owned mine.

Sure no one really wanted a lens that sucks up more dust than a dyson or a plastic camera that would probably break if you gripped it too hard

Bet you all feel much better about it now
you've been reading too many Internet forums. the 17-55 has no such dust problem. I never had one spec of dust in the time I owned mine.
TT was pretty obviously joking... bit of a sense of humour failure there?

TT was probably joking seeing as his camera bag lists the 17-55 as a lens he uses and he mentions liking it somewhere in this thread.

ha, now there is an unexpected bonus!

They refunded the money but didn't realise there was the £50 voucher, so refunded in full :)

hehe, maybe as I ended up ordering two I might get it twice... here's hoping, that will pay for my 60D experiment :D

Last edited:
ha, now there is an unexpected bonus!

They refunded the money but didn't realise there was the £50 voucher, so refunded in full :)

Hope you guys are going to donate that cash to charity....or you'll have the profiteering police onto you again..:D

Anyway, I'm not surprised that Tesco are handing out cash for any inconvenience caused......they're well known for their Customer Satisfaction as anyone who's complained to them before will tell you...:LOL:

Just got this letter back from Tesco:

Dear Mr W

Thank you for your email addressed to Philip Clarke, our Chief Executive, to which I have been asked to respond. Please accept my apologies for the delay in doing so.

I am very sorry to learn that your order, 46231882, for a Canon EOS 60D Digital SLR Camera including EF-S 17-55mm IS Lens Kit was cancelled recently. From reading your email, I can fully appreciate how frustrated and disappointed you must feel.

After I received your email I spoke with our Tesco Direct Business Support Manager about this and they have advised me that regrettably, there has been a pricing error with this product.

When the product was put on the website, the data was inputted incorrectly, which resulted in the product being advertised at the incorrect price. Although this was a case of human error, I completely agree this is unacceptable. We fully expect all staff to take care when advertising prices and information online, and I am sorry we have let you down on this occasion. The matter has been addressed with the staff concerned, in order to prevent anything like this from happening again in future.

As soon as we realised there was a mistake, the price on the system was amended. Regrettably, the website can only update during certain periods throughout the day, which is why the lower price was still being advertised. If there was any way for us to correct the price sooner or temporarily remove the camera from the website, please be assured we would have done. We appreciate this only served to cause further frustration to our customers’. The website was updated on Tuesday 21st June and the correct price of £1,588.97 is now advertised.

When your order was cancelled, we refunded the money back to the payment card used to place your order. At this point, you should have received an email confirming the refund and to advise that the money will appear back on your account within the next 3-5 working days. Regrettably, there is nothing we can do to speed up the release of the funds, as our hands are tied due to banking processes which are already in place.

Whilst I do appreciate the unfortunate and disappointing position this has left you in, I am unable to honour the price displayed when you purchased the product. I really do apologise for this and would like to assure you that I have passed your experience on to our Tesco Direct Business Support Manager for future consideration. They will make every effort to prevent this from happening again in future.

Once again I would like to apologise for this and reassure you that it is not our intentions to mislead any of our customers’. Thank you very much for contacting our Chief Executive’s Office and I do hope that, in time, you can give us another chance so we can restore your confidence in our operation.

Kind Regards

Nikolas McBride
Customer Service Executive
==================================

Absolutely full of holes as anyone who tried to buy one will know....!

My letter is exactly the same as yours Dougie, I used the £50 discount as well and this has also been refunded.

Ah, my email was exactly the same - thanks for the info, that will help with my reply :)

Btw I work with databases at work and have offered to supply the code that would update the price in under a second, ah the banter has been fun though.

I doubt Quidco will get through, but you never know - the clubcard points might go through too - which will pay for a year's membership to English Heritage (that charity enough for you Dougie ;))

One think I do hope is that they had the good sense to see that whichever poor sod just clicked the wrong line in a list of items when setting this price and didn't get into too much trouble.

Last edited:
I have my on website and I can update this within minutes, and I am no expert.

It takes afew seconds to update the Sql Database or whatever system they are using or at the very least amend to show no more in stock, thats the worst excuse ever.

Agreed, the code is something like this:

UPDATE SET Price=1599 WHERE PRODID=99999

Thats it, lol

I just couldn't resit replying to the email I received from the CEO office, not that I'll get anywhere, it made me feel better.

Thanks for the reply which I read with some amusement. As this is a standard letter that you send out to everyone (and you can't even spell my name correctly), I would like to point out that your misleading ad was allowed to stay up for four days. It only takes a couple of minutes to rectify an arror on a web page. I know, because I develop web pages as my hobby.
To display an up to half price sale banner above the item is nothing less than misleading. In addition to this, when I received the email notifying me of the refund, I was still able to go on your website and order the item at the incorrect price.
Errrors in web pricing happen all the time, but I have never known any errors to remain uncorrected or the web page pulled before this length of time.
I, and a number of other peolple let down by Tesco's Direct have reproted this to the ASA along with screenshots & dates. You may even get some airtime on the BBC's watchdog program.

Whilst I am replying, can you also advise why my account is showing as below, despite me sending an email on 18/06/11 requesting cancellation of this order.

Placed: Saturday 18th June 2011
Order number:
Order status: Order processing - awaiting payment confirmation

BTW it is for the same item at the incorrect price.

I really think Tesco's need to take a long hard look at your Customer Services and how they treat customers. I will be withdrawing my custom from your online and High Street Stores untill such times as things improve at your end of the business.

Last edited:
I just couldn't resit replying to the email I received from the CEO office, not that I'll get anywhere, it made me feel better.

You criticise someone's spelling and you couldn't spell:

- error (arror)
- error again (errror)
- people (peolple)
- reported (reproted)
- programme (program)
- until (untill)

In addition, you couldn't be bothered to not use contractions, use 'advertisement' instead of 'ad', give 'Watchdog' a capital letter (yet, you did give 'high street stores' a capital letter each :thinking:) or use the full 'by the way'.

And some please and thank you wouldn't have gone amiss, their e-mail to you wasn't rude.

You criticise someone's spelling and you couldn't spell:

- error (arror)
- error again (errror)
- people (peolple)
- reported (reproted)
- programme (program)
- until (untill)

In addition, you couldn't be bothered to not use contractions, use 'advertisement' instead of 'ad', give 'Watchdog' a capital letter (yet, you did give 'high street stores' a capital letter each :thinking:) or use the full 'by the way'.

And some please and thank you wouldn't have gone amiss, their e-mail to you wasn't rude.

Light blue touch paper stand back and watch the fireworks......:D

I did something along those lines but had "the editor" (aka the wife) double check everything, it turns out she's good at spelling and grammar, what luck!

Anyone else get a new letter? I think this one may have been a real one, it had a typo :)

No movement on the camera though, just more apologies.

I placed my order for a Nikon D90 in the middle of all this going on. I got the £50 off and the D90 has been awaiting dispatch since Monday, today I get a call to say they are not in stock and they may be in in the next 14 days. They have already taken my cash :shrug:

I placed my order for a Nikon D90 in the middle of all this going on. I got the £50 off and the D90 has been awaiting dispatch since Monday, today I get a call to say they are not in stock and they may be in in the next 14 days. They have already taken my cash :shrug:

Ditto. I ordered a lens in their 'summer sale' and received a call today informing me of the delay. At least they had the courtesy of calling and letting me know but they should keep their website up to date hourly, if not daily at least imho. Poor showing.

BIGEYE said:

Your point about it taking a few minutes to correct a mistake on a web page is probably true for a personal website. Most big companies these days outsource their IT departments mostly to India. You will be surprised at how long it can take to get anything done.

Back