Camera bag that doesn't look like a Camera bag!

cam1986

Suspended / Banned
Name
Anthony
Edit My Images
No
I am after a camera bag that doesn't look like a camera bag but has the compartments in it like a normal camera bag!

Any ideas. Nothing too expensive or too big. Possibility to fit DSLR with lens attached and a spare lens, flash and charger.

Thanks. Thing is, it looks like a laptop bag now!! lol

Crumpler do a good range too, although apparently their capacity descriptions are slightly generous!

Crumpler Muffin Top Full Photo backpack gets my vote...google and see what you think it looks like!

How about Domke?? I got a Domke F-2 .... its great! Maybe its too big for you though. Do u mind telling us what stuff do you have?

Crumpler do a good range.
They can be a tad expensive (shop around), but to anyone who doesn't know, they will not look like a camera bag.

To those in the know though, their branded logo is easily recognisable. That will be the case with any bag though.

Another vote for the Crumpler range, but they can be on the pricey side

I agree about the thinktank, but it's very expensive.. I bought a lowepro exchange messenger. holds a D90 with lens, 50-150mm sigma & SB-800.. looks like a normal messenger bag and its only £19 in grey from amazon..

I very nearly bought an Acme Made messenger bag from Jessops as it looked nothing like a camera bag and was rather nice. When I can be bothered to go back I'll buy one.

Seen that one in Jessops. Quite liked that one.

I recently got a tamrac evolution backpack, doesnt particularly look like a camera bag in my opinion, looks just like any of my other backpacks.

In fact, half the time, if im in a rush I'll pick it up thinking it's a normal backpack before remembering that it is a camera bag.

Red snapper do a very nice bag in the style of a billingham. I think there is a review of it somewhere on this site but I can't find it(typing this on my phone).

Apart from the not looking like a camera bag thing, reviews of the Think Tank Retro usually say how comfortable the strap is on your shoulder. Have casually mentioned to family about me saving up to buy one of these around CHRISTMAS TIME! but I will probably come up short. Hope somebody takes the hint.....

I've got a Lowepro Exchange Messenger. I removed the Lowepro badge (it's only held on by a few stitches) to make it less conspicuous. Only downside is that it isn't very padded.

Agreed - another vote here for the Think Tank Retrospective (y)

+1 here. I bought one (Retrospective 20) in the States while I was on holiday a few weeks ago. Holds a huge amount of gear and a body with a 70-200 lens attached which sealed the deal for me. The only slight downside is the weight when full can make your shoulder ache if you are carrying it for extended periods. This is the same however for any bag with a single shoulder strap.

Back