Canon 7d11

Status
Not open for further replies.
£100 off the camera, plus some off the grip and spare battery. Final price will be around £1740 for the lot :-D

....That's very good. Park Cameras' 7D2 grip price is currently £249. You're getting roughly £200 off RRP on the package.

I have pre-ordered mine on an interest-free, no deposit, 12 months payments £1,599.

As I said, it was a very good offer - I didn't go along intending to buy, but that was too good to refuse! It was at CVP, a special "on the day only" offer for their promotion with Andy Rouse. They even gave us lunch too :-o

Word on the street (or rather, in the shops) is available at the very end of November - I can't wait!!

So tempted to pre-order right now, however after seeing Scott Kelbys comments about battery life, I'm tempted to wait until Canon do a free grip offer. I'm even contemplating swapping the 5D3 for 1 :eek:

Today they mentioned the first week of November. My birthday is the 10th so I am keeping my fingers crossed that I might get it round then.

Chris, Scott Kelby is the reason I went for a spare battery rather than relying on my 7D batteries, especially as I tend to use long lenses which drain them quickly.

As above in post 443 - it was CVP but just a one day special for their event with Andy Rouse.

I went for the N version of the battery as I already have a couple of spare 7D batteries.

Definitely 30 Oct in the U.S., and I have just this morning seen that WEX is now saying stock due the end of October :-D

I'm expecting to get my first batch of these late next week, or possibly the week after. Really looking forward to it!

Definitely 30 Oct in the U.S., and I have just this morning seen that WEX is now saying stock due the end of October :-D

....I couldn't find this information on WEX's website, nor on Park Cameras. I'm expecting to get a phonecall the day it is in stock at Park Cameras.

Go to the 7Dii on the Wex website and there is a big red button top right saying "Stock due end of October".

....Ooops! I missed it. Thanx :)

If it's now that soon, I wonder how long it will take Apple to update the RAW Camera Compatibility software?

And how long for a decent third party manual as well - I have always used the Digital Field Guides and will be lost to have the camera and no book.

And how long for a decent third party manual as well - I have always used the Digital Field Guides and will be lost to have the camera and no book.

....So true! And with a piece of kit as complex as a 7D Mark II, a decent third party guide saves a lot of tedium and invariably includes some extremely helpful tips. It does take time to put together and publish such guides though.

I'm stuck on where to get mine from, either Wex or Jessops as both are offering 0% over 12months, Wex are saying they've expecting them late next week, early following week and Jessops are saying mid-November. However Jessops are giving a 2nd year of warranty but their recent company instability worries me regarding this extra warranty. Neither will move on price yet.

Any second opinions on this?...

However Jessops are giving a 2nd year of warranty but their recent company instability worries me regarding this extra warranty....

Any second opinions on this?...
Jessops, unless there's been a change, just pass on the warranty cover to a third party insurance company in the same way washing machines and freezers are normally covered. Jessops collapsing shouldn't affect any warranty arrangement unless they didn't pass on the policy details and money.

Bob

I was thinking that would be the case, might just clarify it beforehand. I'm also impatient and want the camera NOW! Two whole extra weeks wait knowing everyone else has already got theirs! :( Think it'll be Jessops, makes sense incase it does break I suppose...

Jessops use Domestic and General for their warranties, excellent service as i've just had my current 7D pretty much fully overhauled under warranty.
Can't wait to get hold of a MKII, just in the same predicament of where to get one. Haven't pre-ordered to keep my options open to whoever gets stock first.

Park Cameras are also offering lens deals and no deposit and no interest on 12 monthly payments. Wex and Park are always very closely matched and both have excellent aftersales customer service etc.

Only to discover that all the stock goes to customers who pre-ordered !

....I shouldn't laugh but I did laugh out loud when I read this!

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what sort of quantities from Canon, suppliers such as Park Cameras, Wex, Jessops, etc will get on the first delivery?

I just a had a phonecall from Park Cameras where I pre-ordered my 7D Mark II.... Subject only to whether UK Customs cause a delay, mine will arrive via courier on my doorstep on Friday 31st October. This first batch will be arriving on Thursday 30th at Park, straight from Japan.

Anyone want to buy my 70D? I shall be offering on TP Classifieds first.

Only to discover that all the stock goes to customers who pre-ordered !

A friend works for my local Jessops store, and he's been told to expect several at his store so I'm not too concerned about the pre-order situation, assuming that they've already allocated all the pre-orders etc.

Waiting til December for mine, get the usual issues out of the way and get it cheaper. Never bought a camera on launch before - hope everyone gets their cameras earlier than expected, always a nice bonus

I'm waiting for the end of the year also. By then they'll be a firmware update probably and any issues will have come to light. Will be a wrench to sell my 5D3but a high spec 1.6 crop body will go well with my 1DX.

Ordered mine from Jessops today. Extra years warranty is from Canon apparently so prepared to wait an extra couple weeks for the sake of peace of mind in year 2. No word on eta yet though

Last edited:
Hi there... I am just wondering how these very different beasts would mean a straight swap.... I was meandering down the second body route....GAS attack!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back