weekly Cargo's 52 for 2015 Machine added

Yep. Really like this one.

Choice of background is really good. Gives the impression (to me) of some sort of school assembly... Don't ask why... That is a neat arrangement of Jelly Babies that's for sure. It's taken time to set up and you knew what you wanted to do with it and (hopefully) have achieved it. Well composed, well lit.. Super stuff!

Mouth ... I've already commented but want to say: I don't know what that is on the right but I like it with the rain on the glass: wouldn't crop it.

Crowd ... Excellent idea perfectly arranged and shot.

Jelly babies....:D

Well composed and made me smile, which is always good.

A slight tweak to the exposure and a slight oomph to the saturation would work well, IMO.

Cheers.

crowd - great idea, well executed - you must have a lot of patience to line them all up like that :)

Last edited:
Yep. Really like this one.

Choice of background is really good. Gives the impression (to me) of some sort of school assembly... Don't ask why... That is a neat arrangement of Jelly Babies that's for sure. It's taken time to set up and you knew what you wanted to do with it and (hopefully) have achieved it. Well composed, well lit.. Super stuff!
Thanks Ian. Thats made me feel right good :) Nice that you built a scene from it re : the school assembly,. I was thinking of adding some other stuff to it so as to give it a theme but I thought the crowd could be meeting up for any number of things.

Gaz
Really good idea for crowd!
Thanks Michalene
Mouth ... I've already commented but want to say: I don't know what that is on the right but I like it with the rain on the glass: wouldn't crop it.

Crowd ... Excellent idea perfectly arranged and shot.
Thanks David. Yes I wouldnt crop it but can see why some don't like the lamp reflection. If i'm not mistaken this is cropped to 16x9. There was a reflection of the interior roof in there above the light and to be honest I liked that too as it gave some enviroment to the scene but my mouth was much smaller in the frame.
Jelly babies....:D

Well composed and made me smile, which is always good.

A slight tweak to the exposure and a slight oomph to the saturation would work well, IMO.

Cheers.
Cheers Andy will have a quick play and upload a slightly brighter version.

crowd - great idea, well executed - you must have a lot of patience to line them all up like that :)
Thanks Lorraine.
I do have a bit of patience if i'm interested in something and it's working :)
That said this was pretty quick to do, the worst shock was the price of the jbabies :)

Gaz

Hey Gary
Cracking idea with the jelly babies, reminds me a bit of our daily "mission meetings" we used to be forced into in my old job - but I won't hold that against you.....it's a great shot[emoji4]

Tweaked a bit ?

image.jpg

Liked the original for crowd...love the tweaked version.
Geat idea!

Crowd, yep that works for me too (y)

Close up.
Am late with this. Have been busy but thats a cop out I just couldnt think of anything different to do so I did another selfie.

Gaz

close_up_tp.jpg

Close up, yep thats one way of looking at it :D

Clever idea Gary, it works well IMO :)

Crowd - Loving it. What a great idea and nicely executed as well. Even the wooden surface adds to the image well. I’d have struggled to take this shot as I like jelly babies too much

Close Up - I like it. Was this done in PP or through the magnifying glass. Either well it’s been well executed but especially if it’s the latter

Hiya,

Close up - love the idea and the mono works really well
Thanks Lorraine.
Close up, yep thats one way of looking at it :D

Clever idea Gary, it works well IMO :)
Thanking you Mr Magoo :)
Crowd - Loving it. What a great idea and nicely executed as well. Even the wooden surface adds to the image well. I’d have struggled to take this shot as I like jelly babies too much

Close Up - I like it. Was this done in PP or through the magnifying glass. Either well it’s been well executed but especially if it’s the latter
Cheers Peter. Was done through the glass on self timer. Took a good few shots before I got one looking ok.
Gaz

Crowd - prefer the 2nd edit, great work!
Close up - like the idea of this and think the mono adds impact.
:)

Yikes ... another scary selfie. Neat idea, well executed.

Crowd - prefer the 2nd edit, great work!
Close up - like the idea of this and think the mono adds impact.
:)
Thanks Hazel. Not the greatest with mono but seemed to work ok on this.
Yikes ... another scary selfie. Neat idea, well executed.
Thanks David. Could only do scary with my features ;-)
hi Gary

Crowd.....love that tweaked version , well done for having the patience to set it up , good detail in the babies & well lit (y)

Close-up ....fab shot , works really really well , super focus & mono suits to a T ...top work mister :clap:
Many thanks Lynne.

Gaz

Machine. Bit lazy here just snapped this at Ramsbottom chocolate market last sunday.
I think it can be called a machine ?

Gaz

Chocolate_machine_tp.jpg

Yep - definitely a machine :D
I don't know why but those chocolate fountains never look particularly appetising to me.
Somebody bought me one as a birthday present a couple of years ago, but I don't think it's ever come out of the box . . . although maybe I'll have to fire it up as a photo prop at some point.
Photographically, not quite working for me I'm afraid though. The framing isn't quite right for me and it's let down by the reflection :(

Close Up on the other hand I absolutely love!!!
Brilliant take on the theme, executed and processed brilliantly.
As for the jelly babies . . . when did they start looking so menacing and grumpy?
I'm sure the black one in the front is eating his own arm :eek:

Machine, sheesh, that looks messy. It's on theme and I do like the red, just a pity about the reflection.

Cheers.
Thanks for the feedback :)
Yep - definitely a machine :D
I don't know why but those chocolate fountains never look particularly appetising to me.
Somebody bought me one as a birthday present a couple of years ago, but I don't think it's ever come out of the box . . . although maybe I'll have to fire it up as a photo prop at some point.
Photographically, not quite working for me I'm afraid though. The framing isn't quite right for me and it's let down by the reflection :(

Close Up on the other hand I absolutely love!!!
Brilliant take on the theme, executed and processed brilliantly.
As for the jelly babies . . . when did they start looking so menacing and grumpy?
I'm sure the black one in the front is eating his own arm :eek:
Hiya
Yes everyone bought one of those small machines for there kids. Cost a fortune to fill and you could never get them clean again.
Agree about this photo and it is a lesson learnt. There was no thought gone into it at all and I didnt take it with this project in mind, it was as they say a snap. Not that I am any good at this photo malarkey but on the photos where I have at least tried to set an image up they have been better in my opinion.
Thanks for the info it is much appreciated.

Gaz

Last edited:
crikey your close-up is brilliant, bet that was difficult to get right - much kudos :clap:

Machine, loads of interesting detail and textures Gary (y)

Back