Clarkson suspended by the BBC, TG taken off air.

Warranting a trip to A & E though?
Dunno wasnt there, but its worth mentioning that the producer made no complaint to either the BBC or the police so it wasn't for effect or even a future damages claim

Edit just seen yours nad Chris's posts. Legal action doesnt seem likely imo as he really didnt complain.

Last edited:
Dunno wasnt there, but its worth mentioning that the producer made no complaint to either the BBC or the police so it wasn't for effect or even a future damages claim

Gonna bookmark this for future review ;)
I know where my money would be placed :LOL:

Edit just seen yours nad Chris's posts. Legal action doesnt seem likely imo as he really didnt complain.
Who knows what'll happen in the future, as I said a couple of posts back, there are only two people that really know what happened that night.
And of course each has their own versions firmly planted in their minds ;)

especially when no-one wants to work with him?
What's the saying? there is no such thing as bad publicity?
Which I find quite ironic, as its attributed to PT Barnum :D
(Showman and circus owner for those that don't know. ;) )

The A&E bit interests me as the nearest one is about 40 miles away (on country lanes), so not like a quick "I'll just pop over the road to make sure this is ok".

The new transmitters of whatever Top Gear 2015 is, have hours of film already in the can so they can get up and running quicker than BBC TG can. The Beeb won't be able to use JC, nor probably Hammond and May in it.

The winner is JC, he'll make loadsadosh from this episode.

The producer won't have many friends, I suspect. Regardless of the best intents, the victims / whistle blowers / accusers seldom prosper going forward.

What's the saying? there is no such thing as bad publicity?
Which I find quite ironic, as its attributed to PT Barnum :D
(Showman and circus owner for those that don't know. ;) )

I'm not sure Gerald Ratner, Ron Atkinson or Michael Barrymore would necessarily agree though. ;)

Who knows what'll happen in the future, as I said a couple of posts back, there are only two people that really know what happened that night.
It appears there was at least one witness (the one who restrained Clarkson) plus most of the reports at the time stated there were numerous witnesses.

The A&E bit interests me as the nearest one is about 40 miles away (on country lanes), so not like a quick "I'll just pop over the road to make sure this is ok".

Interesting too that on the beeb's "Specific Facts I have Found" list KQ says "following the attack, I understand that Oisin Tymon drove to a nearby A&E department for examination;". All the other facts are clearly stated - this one seems a bit woolly.

And from the sounds of James May in that clip above the BBC will probably have to find more than just a main presenter.

Producer couldn't even manage to organise hot food.
Apparently he did organise hot food, but Clarkson decided to stay in the pub for a couple of hours (keeping the crew waiting for him*) until the chef had gone home. Even then, he organised cold food for everyone - including Clarkson - whereas I'd have been tempted under the circumstances to give him a takeaway leaflet and tell him sort himself out.

* At the production company's expense, no doubt. Most TV crew these days are freelance contractors and many, if not all, will be on a daily rate but with overtime.

Last edited:
It appears there was at least one witness (the one who restrained Clarkson) plus most of the reports at the time stated there were numerous witnesses.
Ok fair do's I've not really been following the official news about it, I was just going on the toing and froing in this thread.
But I guess that's not to say that the witnesses may or may not be biased to one side or the other of course ;)

I doubt the BBC will happily kiss goodbye to a £50 million on worldwide sales without a fight, they will probably try another series of top gear with new presenters that will more than likely fail.
I can't see Hamster and May continuing to do top gear without Clarkson, the three of them could set up a production company, buy the rights then do a deal with another broadcaster if the BBC decide to sell it off.
No matter what, I just can't see top gear being as successful without the three if them.

Reactions: ST4
Apparently he did organise hot food, but Clarkson decided to stay in the pub for a couple of hours (keeping the crew waiting for him*) until the chef had gone home. Even then, he organised cold food for everyone - including Clarkson - whereas I'd have been tempted under the circumstances to give him a takeaway leaflet and tell him sort himself out.

* At the production company's expense, no doubt. Most TV crew these days are freelance contractors and many, if not all, will be on a daily rate but with overtime.

You do know that this 'fact' appears to be an internet rumour without any substance or verification?

I'm tickled by the idea that whatever happens next is doomed to failure.

I'm sure loads of fans of the original format think the current format is drivel

Loads of Terry Wogan fans thought that he was irreplaceable as the DJ on the most popular radio show in the country, Chris Moyles bet his career on being able to beat whatever R2 replaced Wogan with, he lost. Chris Evans pulls in a bigger audience than Wogan ever did.

I'm sure fans of the old Masterchef thought the new format awful, but it's now a much bigger brand than the old show.

The people who think Chris Evans or whoever else is unwatchable, forget that many people feel that way about Clarkson.

There's an audience if there's a good enough idea, and I know it's an unpopular opinion round here, but the BBC does actually employ some of the best producers in the business.

Who'd have bet on Dr Who returning as a worldwide phenomenon 15 years ago?

Last edited:
2 things (kinda related) spring to mind.
Did it ever say whether or not JC actually got his dinner or not?

And, I've got a fiver on the fact that he does the next snickers advert :D

2 things (kinda related) spring to mind.
Did it ever say whether or not JC actually got his dinner or not?

And, I've got a fiver on the fact that he does the next snickers advert :D
In which he punches Joan Collins in the snicker!

The sooner we stop having to pay a license fee the better! Fed up with the left wing bias of the BBC, and this tops it off. The loss of one of the best programs is a joke. TG is one of the most popular programs, and this is mainly down to the chemistry between the 3 presenters. They do push boundaries and thats the fun. OK, for programs like the One Show or Songs of Praise you don't, but for comedy you often need to cross the line. So whats been achieved - the beeb has lost a revenue stream and we have lost a great program. Nice one!

The sooner we stop having to pay a license fee the better! Fed up with the left wing bias of the BBC, and this tops it off. The loss of one of the best programs is a joke. TG is one of the most popular programs, and this is mainly down to the chemistry between the 3 presenters. They do push boundaries and thats the fun. OK, for programs like the One Show or Songs of Praise you don't, but for comedy you often need to cross the line. So whats been achieved - the beeb has lost a revenue stream and we have lost a great program. Nice one!

1, They haven't got rid of TG they've just got rid of Clarkson.
2, if someone I work with or for split my lip with a punch and subjected me to an extended haranguing I'd bloody well want them sacked, Clarkson isn't god and IS subject to the same rules and laws as the rest of us.

I thought that at first as well. However when you read the facts of the findings, which confirmed that they are undisputed by all involved then I changed my position.

The only thing the BBC is guilty off is not handling this quicker and not terminating his contract. I think they should also go for damages with JC for the shows that they missed. If their contractual arrangements don't allow that the their commercial and legal teams should be put on a disciplinary as well.

It is all a shambles with no winners unfortunately.

I'm tickled by the idea that whatever happens next is doomed to failure.

I'm sure loads of fans of the original format think the current format is drivel

Loads of Terry Wogan fans thought that he was irreplaceable as the DJ on the most popular radio show in the country, Chris Moyles bet his career on being able to beat whatever R2 replaced Wogan with, he lost. Chris Evans pulls in a bigger audience that Wogan ever did.

The people who think Chris Evans or whoever else is unwatchable, forget that many people feel that way about Clarkson.

I remember Chris Evans, went on a massive bender when he split up with his first wife Billie Piper, he missed every breakfast show on Radio 2 for about a week and was sacked by the BBC.

He continued to go go on the pop, sold his furniture on the streets but he sorted himself out and made a great comeback.

Who knows, maybe JC will return to Top Gear one day. After all, Chris Evans got his Breakfast show back on Radio 2.

Jeremy Clarkson has a big personality. There is only one person in my opinion who has an equally big personality and that's Guy Martin. He would be great for the show and also brings a new dimension with his interest in motorbikes. Not only is he an engineer he's a real piston head.

Time will tell if TG will be a success in years to come the BBC has had its fair share of flops too.

Oh and I don't think we've heard the last from Clarkson ref the Savilegate comment from s Senior BBC Executive - I'm sure there is good case for slander / libel

Guy Martin would be great if you wanted to build a car out of offcuts and spare copper tubing...

I thought that at first as well. However when you read the facts of the findings, which confirmed that they are undisputed by all involved then I changed my position.

The only thing the BBC is guilty off is not handling this quicker and not terminating his contract. I think they should also go for damages with JC for the shows that they missed. If their contractual arrangements don't allow that the their commercial and legal teams should be put on a disciplinary as well.

It is all a shambles with no winners unfortunately.

I highly doubt though, that they'd gain any compensation from Clarkson over the cancellation of the episodes as it was their decision to cancel them.
They could have carried out their investigation whilst filming continued.
I'm not suggesting they should have, merely that they could have.
They knew what the financial ramifications of cancellation would be, but they chose to take that route.

Clarkson's behaviour, which is common cause, and the issue of the BBC licensing fee are unrelated.

You pair of old cynics :LOL:

I'm not quite as cynical as those two, but A&E does seem excessive for the extent of the injuries reported . . .
. . . and I can certainly imagine somebody who, at the time, thought their job might be on the line wanting some independent documentation.

Back