Digitall's 52!!! Week 27 Art

interesting take for week 21, I'm still stuck on what to do.
For me the background is just slightly off putting but still a good pan

Allan, lovely bit of panning, and it's isolated nicely (y)

For this weeks theme I have gone for the Quality of a motor car, a Renault 5 turbo.
I know the wheels are static but that's what you get when it is stood still. The shot was taken today at Epyntr Army Ranges near Brecon on the Mini Epynt Rally.

4676220328_f862631ddd_b.jpg

Allan

I don't know... a bit of radial blur on the wheels would sort that :LOL:...

it's a good shot of the car, I'll take your word for it that the 5 Turbo was a quality car.

Very well done, Allan, but, man, that's one great big crowbar!

p.s. If you changed it to had to do loads of POST production it'd fit better. ;)

I didn't see the pre edit, but it works with Post processing... That's quite some edit, and as long as it was fun... I think it's still a bit of a crowbar, but less so :D

No crowbar anywhere is sight this week :cool:
I saw this Seaking flying around Souterndown in South Wales. Two climbers were stuck down the cliff. They got them out safely though.
What I learned this week is rather embarrassing :shake: DO NOT photograph other subjects when you are the Official photographer for a Cycle race. Why! Because I missed the race passing me even though I was looking out for them :coat:
I also missed the finish.
I did however get the finish of the Sunday race :D

4699349739_ff5d3752a2_b.jpg

Blimey you didn't hang around this week - get it? :coat:

Anyway, a good action shot, slight shame the rescue guy isn't a tad more in focus but still a million miles better than I could have done

Catching up...

Isolation works quite well but bg is still a bit too busy for me. Good pan, though.

Quality - I like the angles and white stripes you have caught, and I'll take your word on the quality of the car!

POST - very well done! I did a double take at this, it was so convincing.

Metal - good capture of the chopper in action. A pity the r/h blade is cut off but you probably didn't have much time to compose. On my monitor it looks a little washed out and I wonder if reducing the exposure in PP would strengthen it a bit?

I like that one Allan, shame about the rotors being clipped off, but it's very good... Shame that in getting this you missed the cycle race.. ;)

Well it certainly is a big chunk of metal - I was going to do an aircraft myself but didn't go to the airfield this week.

It's a little bright but I'm sure you could sort that out.

That's a big chunk of metal, Allan:) Well done on getting the shot and I'm sure there was no time to make allowances for the light reflecting off the water. I'm glad the rescue was successful - choppers always look so dramatic, I think. :)

I bet you were kicking yourself for missing the race - but at least you got the finish and a good Metal shot. (y)

Jean

Here we are then, in quickly again this week.
This shot is also from my files as it is spot on for this weeks theme.
Taken at the bottom pond in my gareden a three years ago just after we moved in.
Also taken with at then my new D200, so I was still learning the camera at that time.

4741304409_65983fce22_b.jpg

(y)(y) excellent one............. though for some reason I am not surprised at the content / subject..........:clap:

The lads don't look particularly grungy, but I suspect they'd probably like to be :D... The graffiti looks good and certainly fits the theme.

Beginnings... that was fast... and it certainly fits the theme... even if it's 3 years old :D...

I like the grunge image, particularly the colours of the graffiti.
I think the beginnings image needs a more obvious focal point, I find my eyes searching the image and not really settling on any point.
As mentioned above, that was quick but a 3 year old image :cautious: you've still got the rest of the week to capture a new image for the theme. Iain

Allan,

You really need to slow down :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
I keep missing your thread because every time I come to visit it you've already got the next theme posted.

I have no idea what I'm looking at in beginnings, but for that reason it's an interesting shot. I keep wanting to look back at it to work out what the hell those things are !!!!
It certainly fits the theme, but it could do without those foreground leaves top right and bottom left.

Love your composite for post.
Very, very well executed. Took me a while to register what I was looking at.

And grunge is a good take on the theme too.
The greys / blacks that the boys are wearing work really well against the colourful graffiti. In fact, this is another one with lots to look at that I keep wanting to go back to.

O dear O dear......I have a lot of catching up to do. Time passes so quickly when one is so busy.
Week 27 Art. This is a mural on the side of a sea container in a local park.
I have been meaning to get the shot for weeks, not the best as the light was far to bright and in the wrong direction. It is however a start again.

4861306866_a9414f3696_b.jpg

Last edited:
Back