Dog Appreciation Thread, post your fave dog shots here...

Thanks for the votes :)

Heres our dog 'Chuck'. He's from our local Spanish rescue centre. He probably didn't make the grade as a gundog. He's about a year old when these were taken, and he's now about 2 years old. He looks a bit more scruffy now with more wiry hair around his face.
Anybody recognise the breed? Heres a clue. He's got webbed front feet.

chuck_10.jpg

chuck_11.jpg

Very nice shots as usual Stuart. Off to see some Golden Retriever puppies with their Mum and Dad today with the Wife. We are looking to get one at the end of March when the Daughter is home from Uni. Look out for lots of pictures and you can tell me where I am going wrong. :crying: :D

Very nice shots as usual Stuart. Off to see some Golden Retriever puppies with their Mum and Dad today with the Wife. We are looking to get one at the end of March when the Daughter is home from Uni. Look out for lots of pictures and you can tell me where I am going wrong. :crying: :D

Thanks mate..look forward to seeing lots of images from you!!;)
Just pray that they dont look like this!:nuts:

untitled-7673 by StuartHowePhotography, on Flickr

Not great photos just snaps, but this was Rocky, our Chow Chow who sadly died of cancer at only five years old

dsc0009vss.jpg

And this is our current dog, Diesel, a Bernese, at 1 year old.
img1097na.jpg

Dog Tired !! by CORPY, on Flickr

We lost Bertdog a few weeks ago ...he was a rescue dog ( how anyone couldn't love him god only knows ! ) we loved him and miss him dearly !

Bertdog ! From a world without pity to a world without pain ! x

Having had my last Springer put to sleep back in July - I thought I'd post this even though it's a mobile phone snap..

He's less than 3 weeks old just now (still with his mum obviously) but will be my new best pal come the end of March.

8514259080_93a465379a_c.jpg

Some fantastic shots around. I've not been out with the camera much so managed a couple between shoots one night.

Lola is a 17 week Bichon Frise and this was 2 or 3 weeks ago.

lola.jpg

Here's one from me, not the best pic, but just love the catch.

This is father and son meeting, farther is just over 18 months and son (junior) is 8 weeks.

DSC_0174 by messy-dog, on Flickr

I called this one "It may not be Becher's Brook but I'm not Red Rum"
I have a lot of trouble getting good shots of Bonnie - any suggestions on metering/camera set up much appreciated

3675870445_2aa6e35291_z.jpg

Taken last year when she was 12 years old and freshly trimmed (Yes she is still going strong)

7638411972_19c5c50491_o.jpg

A little off topic, but today I was searching for new areas near me to take my dog, Jazz, for a walk and I found this website.....

http://www.walkiees.co.uk/

There weren't many listings for my county (Essex) so I thought I'd add my local dog walking park and hope to see the site grow with additional locations. To add a location you need to be signed up, which is both free and quick, and for each location added the site makes a £2 donation to a dog related charity. It would be great if TP peeps would add their favourite spots, if worthwhile for others to visit.

R.I.P. Lucy the Cocker Spaniel

Earlier this year (5/1/2013) our beautiful wee girl passed away.
On the 3rd, my Dad had her as we were both working. She was her usual 100mph self despite being 10yrs old. He took her out again at 14.30 and she was just the same - full of life.
When we got home at 16.00 she had been sick a couple of times and went downhill that night with a trip to the vet at 02.00. The vet suspected Pancreatis so she was kept in. she was heavily sedated when we last saw her on Saturday.
We had just arrived home when the vet called saying that they needed our permission to open her up as there was a build up of fluid inside. When they operated they found a tumour on her Pancreas.
It was all so sudden and unexpected.
She has broken a lot of hearts and lots of tears shed.
She'll never be forgotten and will forever be in our hearts
Sleep tight Lucy Lou

Lucy by mike.stephen99, on Flickr

Lucy by mike.stephen99, on Flickr

Lucy Capel Mounth by mike.stephen99, on Flickr

After losing Lucy (see previous post) we swore we'd never have another dog - we lasted a month LOL
A neighbour gave us a tea towel at New Year saying "A house isn't a home without a dog"
We started looking and ended up getting this wee guy.
Meet Bracken, a Black & White Springer Spaniel.
I can't get over how quickly he's growing.
The 1st shot is at 16 weeks, the last at 20 weeks

Bracken 2 by mike.stephen99, on Flickr

Bracken by mike.stephen99, on Flickr

Bracken Studio Shot by mike.stephen99, on Flickr

Bracken Sit!! by mike.stephen99, on Flickr

This was my beautiful Dehesa who we rescued off a busy street. In this photo she is missing a LOT of fur do to malnutrition. She only weighed 40 pounds when we found her. She eventually got up to 70 pounds (not being fat). We guessed she was a Rottie mix and the best dog ever.

This is a photo of her a few years later, looking wonderful and still youthful.

We lost her to old age about a year ago and I think of her often.
We did finally get another dog for me, another rescue. Here is her picture. We adopted her when she was 3 months old.

This was my beautiful Dehesa who we rescued off a busy street. In this photo she is missing a LOT of fur do to malnutrition. She only weighed 40 pounds when we found her. She eventually got up to 70 pounds (not being fat). We guessed she was a Rottie mix and the best dog ever.

This is a photo of her a few years later, looking wonderful and still youthful.

We lost her to old age about a year ago and I think of her often.
We did finally get another dog for me, another rescue. Here is her picture. We adopted her when she was 3 months old.

Beautiful dogs. Sorry for your loss. Glad to see people getting rescue dogs. There are so many beautiful dogs that need a home in rescues.

After losing Lucy (see previous post) we swore we'd never have another dog - we lasted a month LOL
A neighbour gave us a tea towel at New Year saying "A house isn't a home without a dog"
We started looking and ended up getting this wee guy.
Meet Bracken, a Black & White Springer Spaniel.
I can't get over how quickly he's growing.
The 1st shot is at 16 weeks, the last at 20 weeks

Bracken 2 by mike.stephen99, on Flickr

Bracken Studio Shot by mike.stephen99, on Flickr

Bracken Sit!! by mike.stephen99, on Flickr

many many congratulations, and what a beautiful dog :love:

it's the lazy brown dogs birthday this week... here's an old one of her, but I think this one just captures her personality perfectly :)

8636324541_eb525e1d6b_z.jpg

Back