Duxford - With "Blue"

Name
Bernie
Edit My Images
Yes
Firstly I'd like to apologise for the strange blue bits in the sky. I have no idea what it is, but I do hope that it doesn't detract, and obviously I hope to return to the gray skies soon.

7957657694_1c5068eb9d_b.jpg

7957656380_fd6a270d2e_b.jpg

7957766090_bd53beb587_b.jpg

7957765380_4de8a10790_b.jpg

7957763762_76eabd9f74_b.jpg

7957762976_5f7f5f9f00_b.jpg

Enjoy

Pig sick, every time i go to an air show it rains and has low cloud!

Great set, really sharp, from the angle of the Tucano it looks like you weren't in the ground?

Doug

Hi Bernie

Really like the shots, just been looking at the 300+ shots I took from the other side of the airfield to you and I have about 5 worth keeping!!

Very annoying considering I was using about £2K worth of kit to produce such poor pictures :-(

Will just have to go again to practice some more, although I suspect that the paying crowd side at Duxford is just very poor for photography especially early on until the sun goes round a bit.

Did you get any of the Yak display team?, quite unexpectedly impressive.

David

Gents Thanks. They were indeed taken in the naughty field off Grange Road.

Willd1. It is an acquired skill, that does take a bit of practice, and a bit of guesswork to anticipate where the dammed things going next! To be fair though,. the crowd line at DUX is awful for photography, so please don't give up, try elsewhere and I'm sure things will be much better. Old Warden is a good place!

Anyway, as few more ......

7958080108_8c8a094d42_b.jpg

7958082096_c805bf98e8_b.jpg

7958082702_e51f0f454a_b.jpg

7958083958_5ecaf3e0e1_b.jpg

7958083332_0bc5eeed8b_b.jpg

7958084516_90180ab5bd_b.jpg

Enjoy

Bernie

Some crackers there, the Vulcan, the mustangs, lovely colours, nice to see the sky!

Went to an evening airshow at Old Warden and was brilliant, really nice & small compared to duxford. Recommend it.

A great set of images. Love the Mustang and Corsair (I think???) shots. No.16 & 17 of the Swordfishbar great as well.

Excellent set. (y) Make my efforts yesterday not worth posting.

Hi Bernie

Very annoying considering I was using about £2K worth of kit to produce such poor pictures :-(

Did you get any of the Yak display team?, quite unexpectedly impressive.

David

Well I was on the paying side with even more kit so don't worry about it. ;) It is kind of annoying that the way the aircraft turn at Duxford the best view is from the naughty field on the other side, where it appears you can get very close to the runway (relative to us poor sods :crying: ).

I did get some of the Yak team which I'll post up later in a separate thread if you're interested. They were very good. :)

Also, if ANYBODY wants to play spot the TPer in the Naughty Field, I have some images where you can see all the naughty but lucky people. :D

Otherwise a very nice set, even if Bernie was a naughty skin flint. ;)

Irritable_Rabbit

In fact it really doesn't pay to get that close to the airfield. The display ends up being directly above you, which makes life difficult. Better half way down the field in my opinion.
This was the first time I've gone all the way to the boundry.

Irritable_Rabbit

In fact it really doesn't pay to get that close to the airfield. The display ends up being directly above you, which makes life difficult. Better half way down the field in my opinion.
This was the first time I've gone all the way to the boundry.

Got to kind of agree there. :)

The field side did appear to have the advantage of aircraft turning the upper sides towards it more often. I'll shoot dozens of belly shots just to get the one where it turns just right. Although TBH this is only the second airshow I've been to this year, (see Sywell thread http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=429831) after a looong break from the last one I went to in 2009. :puke: So what do I know? :LOL: Just all gets too expensive for me. Maybe I'll be joining the skinflints on the other side soon. :p :D

stunning pics. The blue sky has really helped to make em stand out. Thanks for posting.

Thats the reason I use it, better angles, and far better light.

Last time I was at Duxford was 2009. :crying:

I definitely don't remember seeing quite so many people on the other side of the airfield last time, although it has been a few years. :LOL: I think I counted about 50 in one single 30-40 metre section this year so it must be getting a bit popular over there.

As you've shot a lot of shows and know the layout over on that road, do you reckon it could become a problem in the future, with too many people who want that better (and cheaper) view settling in over there? Is the farmer going to have to put toilets up for everyone as well as parking? More importantly, will there be concession stands selling food and drink? :D

Awesome shots, Bernie. Some of your close ups are pin sharp... not much cropping going on I presume?

I'm rather envious of your results after spending most of my day on the tank bank thinking "Hmmm... should I really be in that field on the other side of the runway?" :LOL:

Anyway, this is all still new to me so it's all good practise. Got a few decent keepers myself - just need to find the time this week to go through them all now!

Outstanding set. If I had to choose favourites it would be the bi-planes(swordfish I think ) with the view of the pilots. Great stuff.

Last edited:
well they are certainly some of the best shots I have seen from airshows :clap::clap::clap: could not even think about picking a fav (y)

Irritable_Rabbit

Like all good things, it will come to an end. The former has in the past had the gates blocked, and the Police do move you on. However, there are always alternatives!
I expect some do go that side because it's cheaper, but my reasons are the better photo opportunities it offers.

Thanks for the comments Gents, especially RKC, thats quite a compliment!

So a few more then....

7972241848_c4db94b843_b.jpg

7972239730_966f02fb4a_b.jpg

7972239090_eb326d9bc6_b.jpg

7964741086_34b16b5b1b_b.jpg

7962374116_a36b3ed916_b.jpg

7972238428_0e8c66c4eb_b.jpg

those Yak-50s still look really odd to me :D

Fantastic set. I wish my aviation shots were half as good as this.

Some seriously nice clean images there Bernie. (y) Very nicely captured.

Kev.

Back