E-Cigarettes

What kit are you using for vaping T?

The MPV rich, although i'm not sure what tank i'm using, i got it from the shop here, it was meant to be sold as part of a kit.. looks like a slighlty larger evod and using new iclear16b coils

It's these... although maybe next month i'm looking to get a new set up, second hand maybe depending on price as i don't really like the boxy MPV and it's starting to have charging issues

Last edited:
The MPV rich, although i'm not sure what tank i'm using, i got it from the shop here, it was meant to be sold as part of a kit.. looks like a slighlty larger evod and using new iclear16b coils

Ah right,I know they are a little bit on the expensive side but if you could get one of the Naturevape tanks you will be impressed by the flavour.Anyhow,if you PM me your addy I will send you a sample of the Castle Long,if you wish?

Ah right,I know they are a little bit on the expensive side but if you could get one of the Naturevape tanks you will be impressed by the flavour.Anyhow,if you PM me your addy I will send you a sample of the Castle Long,if you wish?

Oh yes yes yes please! thank you:hug: they are a touch expensive but if they're good then it's worth it, do the coils last well?

Oh yes yes yes please! thank you:hug: they are a touch expensive but if they're good then it's worth it, do the coils last well?

The coils last for a good while,if you watch the video it will show you how to dry burn them after they get gunked up,and then replace the cotton,dead easy to do.

The coils last for a good while,if you watch the video it will show you how to dry burn them after they get gunked up,and then replace the cotton,dead easy to do.

I usually shy away from anything vape and do it yourself lol ... but again it's about time i tried it, more i can save the more juice i can try eh:D

Nice one Martyn,how long is battery life with what you run on it? I keep looking at the Tank Crossing and wonder if I should take a punt on one.

So far, running it @ 4.5v I've had a weekend of solid use out it. I tend to use for a couple of days then give the batteries a charge,; might to do a test from full recharge just to see how long the thing lasts; Tank Crossing's purely a mech though so might be bit different.

So far, running it @ 4.5v I've had a weekend of solid use out it. I tend to use for a couple of days then give the batteries a charge,; might to do a test from full recharge just to see how long the thing lasts; Tank Crossing's purely a mech though so might be bit different.

Cheers Martyn, you know how it is, look at one thing one day and change your mind the next. I quite like the vapor Flask and that might be my next purchase at some point.Looks like there have been a few issues with some of them though.No doubt by the time I save up for one there will be two or three other variations of the DNA40 :D

Cheers Martyn, you know how it is, look at one thing one day and change your mind the next. I quite like the vapor Flask and that might be my next purchase at some point.Looks like there have been a few issues with some of them though.No doubt by the time I save up for one there will be two or three other variations of the DNA40 :D

Re Vapour Flask - read something the other day that a user couldn't get it to work with VTC4, 5's or efests as the battery compartment was a bit tight and by the time you've saved up, the DNA40 might work properly ;)

The Raptor box cost me £130 and IMHO it's worth the money, but I'm still not brave enough to wack it over 5v yet - tried it and had to push my lungs back in... 4-4.5v is suiting my vaping style; Kayfuns @ 4v and RDA's @ 4.5v

How about this ;)

attachment.php

How about this ;)

attachment.php

Nice one :D That`s the Sat22 in`t it Martyn,how you finding that? A few seem to like them a lot, the Orchid gets some good reviews also.

Nice one :D That`s the Sat22 in`t it Martyn,how you finding that? A few seem to like them a lot, the Orchid gets some good reviews also.

Not mine mate - it's a modders photograph - http://www.lash-creative.com/Lash_Creative/The_Ull_Crann.html - have a look at some of his wooden mods.... stunning.

I've a couple of genesis atty's on the go but I'm using Luxe drippers at home mainly and toying with getting an Odin, there's such much good gear out there now.

Hi all,
Any recommendations for a mod to work with a kanger aerotank? At the mo I'm using it with standard 510 batteries but find the "mod" side of things very confusing! Also don't want to spend a fortune!
Thanks

Hi all,
Any recommendations for a mod to work with a kanger aerotank? At the mo I'm using it with standard 510 batteries but find the "mod" side of things very confusing! Also don't want to spend a fortune!
Thanks

One of the best all rounders Steve I would say the MVP2 Great battery life,you can charge your phone from it in an emergency and variable power.About the size of a pack of ten fags.

Hi all,
Thanks
As Rich has said you can't go wrong with an MVP2. I'd also recommend the Eleaf, much more comfortable in the hand. I've been favouring it over the MVP the past few weeks.

Both look good!Never considered the square ones-would solve the problem of rolling off the table I suppose!!

Both look good!Never considered the square ones-would solve the problem of rolling off the table I suppose!!

You would think so, but within two days of buying my second MVP last month I dropped it from a table onto the street in Amsterdam. :rolleyes:

It came back from Amsterdam slightly scarred and looking like it had lived rough for a few days, but then so did I.

(even the glass on the aerotank mega survived the fall)

You would think so, but within two days of buying my second MVP last month I dropped it from a table onto the street in Amsterdam. :rolleyes:

Dare I ask what you were doing on top a table in Amsterdam Colin? :D

Well I was told that something to try in Amsterdam was getting high. The best I could do was stand on a table, to be honest it wasn't that great.

That's a little far from me :confused:

I am still enjoying my vaping though and have a lot more knowledge on the subject than I did last year.

I now use a Sigelei Mini 30w and a couple of Aspire Nautilus tanks, plus I'm down to 12mg liquid from 36mg.

Nearly 5 years cigarette free :)

Well done mate,and no doubt feeling better for it.

Tried this a couple of years ago and although it did work for me I got a bit overawed with the range of products and kit. Well last Thursday on a whim I decided to give it another go. Bought an Evod kit from a pop up shop and a 24mg bottle of generic 'tobacco' flavoured juice. Taste was horrible! So I've decided to go all in so to speak. Got myself some Snake Oil 24mg and a bottle of something called Wacky Tobacky (NOT what i sounds like!), as well as an Istick 30W. Still using the Evod atomisers on it until next payday when I can buy a couple of nice new sub ohm tanks.

Getting towards the end of my second day with no cigarettes at all. That's a big deal to me as the last time I went even a day was in 2002!

Tried this a couple of years ago and although it did work for me I got a bit overawed with the range of products and kit. Well last Thursday on a whim I decided to give it another go. Bought an Evod kit from a pop up shop and a 24mg bottle of generic 'tobacco' flavoured juice. Taste was horrible! So I've decided to go all in so to speak. Got myself some Snake Oil 24mg and a bottle of something called Wacky Tobacky (NOT what i sounds like!), as well as an Istick 30W. Still using the Evod atomisers on it until next payday when I can buy a couple of nice new sub ohm tanks.

Getting towards the end of my second day with no cigarettes at all. That's a big deal to me as the last time I went even a day was in 2002!

Lol! Nick 24mg :eek: dont go putting that in a sub ohm tank it will knock you sideways :D Snake Oil is nice, there is quite a few to choose from now on the market with regards to tanks.

Well I'm hooked on the shiny thing side of things now! However I bought a Kanger sub tank mini today and the guy in the shop suggested going down to 12mg juice. It's all set up and the taste is great. However is it normal for it to feel really hot? I'm talking about the metal drip tip. I've got the 0.5 coil in there that it came with but I'm only running at 15 watts with the vent hole wide open. Um scared to go any higher!

Should I invest in a glass or plastic drip tip or is this something that is expected?

Cheers!

I have a Kanger sub tank mini and it also gets hot. I think its just what they do.

I prefer Aspire Nautilus Mini's (and the full size Nautilus) tbh. They don't get hot at 15w (that's what I usually vape at) and also have great flavour. They won't go much above 15w though without getting dry hits (not that this is an issue for me, I never go any higher anyway).

Well I'm hooked on the shiny thing side of things now! However I bought a Kanger sub tank mini today and the guy in the shop suggested going down to 12mg juice. It's all set up and the taste is great. However is it normal for it to feel really hot? I'm talking about the metal drip tip. I've got the 0.5 coil in there that it came with but I'm only running at 15 watts with the vent hole wide open. Um scared to go any higher!

Should I invest in a glass or plastic drip tip or is this something that is expected?

Cheers!

Not really sure how hot it should be Nick,I had the full sized subtank and I would say it was warm to start with and got a bit hotter,not to the extent I could not put my lips on it though.A pyrex drip tip should make it a bit cooler.Are you running it on an Evod battery? If so I would think twice about it even if it is working,you are putting it under a strainn running at .5ohm

It's on an istick 30. I've just put the 1.2 coil I'm and am vaping at 15w and it's made a world of difference!

It's on an istick 30. I've just put the 1.2 coil I'm and am vaping at 15w and it's made a world of difference!

Yeh thats cool Nick, I was going to suggest using a higher ohm coil.

I know this thread seems to have died just as I have got into vaping! Anyway, I've just bought a Derringer and made my first coil and wick and wow! I'm in flavour town! My coil came out at bang on one ohm and the clouds and flavour even wide open are incredible!

The Sub-Ohming is an unknown world to me. I quit the cigarettes for an Evod kit in November, and upgraded to an iStick with a Nautilus Mini a couple of months ago. That was a huge jump in performance, and allowed me to bring my liquid down to 0.6% and even 0% in some flavours.
Is Sub Ohming all its made out to be? As with everything, Im suffering from gear acquisition syndrome and wonder if I should change up to get rid of some cash haha!

I wasn't keen on sub ohming when I used the kanger subtank but I've got used to big lung inhales now and it's great.

If you're not keen on it pick up a nautilus mini. Great flavour on great coils.

I have to admit though, blowing massive clouds from a sub ohm tank and the new dripper has become a guilty pleasure! And the flavour is something else entirely. Plus I've gone from 18mg nic in the nautilus tank to 3mg in the kanger and the dripper. Maybe that's just because it's three weeks without a cig for me and the cravings are slowly going though. I tried some 18mg juice in the dripper last night for an experiment and nearly fainted!

Good news for you though is if you have the 30 watt istick then you're already set for sub ohming if you want to experiment :)

The Sub-Ohming is an unknown world to me. I quit the cigarettes for an Evod kit in November, and upgraded to an iStick with a Nautilus Mini a couple of months ago. That was a huge jump in performance, and allowed me to bring my liquid down to 0.6% and even 0% in some flavours.
Is Sub Ohming all its made out to be? As with everything, Im suffering from gear acquisition syndrome and wonder if I should change up to get rid of some cash haha!

I know what you mean about GAS :)

I started vaping about 4 years ago now, stuck with evo's for ages then made the jump to better gear. I must have 15 tanks, 10 different batteries/mods and 50 different flavours.

All I ever use now is my Sigelei 30w mini (very good by the way), a few Nautilus tanks (the larger ones, hate filling every 5 minutes) and my favourite tank, the Beyond Vape Silo (same as a big Nautilus but better air flow).

I tried the sub ohm route - wasn't for me. I must be one of the few people who dislike the Kanger sub's and I dislike making coils etc even more.

I haven't bought anything apart from juice for months now. The combo above gives me everything I want. I've gone from 36mg juice down to 6mg. I vape fruity spearmint flavours all day and still a tobacco flavour if having a beer.

I guess sub ohm is something worth trying. Let's face it - it's a new toy to acquire :cool:

But I didn't like it at all. Nautilus tanks and a good device set at around 15w all the way for me now.

I know this thread seems to have died just as I have got into vaping! Anyway, I've just bought a Derringer and made my first coil and wick and wow! I'm in flavour town! My coil came out at bang on one ohm and the clouds and flavour even wide open are incredible!

Got a couple of the Derringers myself Nick,as you say a great little RDA. If you want to stick with a single coil build, then stick a twisted one in it at about .4ohm,anything from 25 - 40 watts and it will come alive even more :D

Still doing the mech mods with a MVP20 for work use - got a couple of Cthulhu RTA winging their way to me

http://www.cthulhumod.com/

think of it as taking the best from the Goblin/Kayfun 4 and bringing them together and I'm looking forward to making the living room a bit cloud...

Been some some parallel coils in my RDA's recently and enjoying the lower ohm's and results - good to see this thread resurrected.

Still vaping here too (652 days) Been through a lot of different equipment. Stuck with mech's and drippers for a while but now I'm happy with my Istick 50W (for the battery life rather than the power) and an Eleaf lemo. Battery does me all day and the tank doesn't need filled too often. Micro coil and cotton at 1.4 seems to suit me fine. Still making my own juice as I go through a LOT in a day. Just made my latest batch of vanilla custard the other day 1400mils worth and a slight reduction again in the nic content to 4mg. Works out at £5 per 100mil.

View attachment 36841

over two years now. have an mvp2, istick vv, hana modz DNA 30, vaporshark RDNA40 ( original not clone ), Smok M80 plus, derrginger dripper, igow4 dripper, 2 Smok gimlet tanks, aerotank, orchid v3 and some aerotank minis.
been making my own juice for around 18 months now too and only juice i occasionally buy is Snake oil

17404031786_f24cbe758f_b.jpg

Last edited:
Hi folks.

I think I'm finally getting the hang of this hobby now and getting in deep! Just bought a mech mod yesterday and this battery http://www.efestpower.com/Product/1908425029.html

I'm trying to figure out how low I can build on it. Steam engine tells me if I wrap a 0.2 ohm coil on it it will require 18 amps. I'm tempted to do it but was just wondering if the experts in this thread have any advice. Obviously I don't want to put myself or anyone else at risk so if the battery isn't up to it I'll stick to my 0.5 builds. I guess I'm still at the experimenting stage :)

Cheers!

Hi folks.

I think I'm finally getting the hang of this hobby now and getting in deep! Just bought a mech mod yesterday and this battery http://www.efestpower.com/Product/1908425029.html

I'm trying to figure out how low I can build on it. Steam engine tells me if I wrap a 0.2 ohm coil on it it will require 18 amps. I'm tempted to do it but was just wondering if the experts in this thread have any advice. Obviously I don't want to put myself or anyone else at risk so if the battery isn't up to it I'll stick to my 0.5 builds. I guess I'm still at the experimenting stage :)

Cheers!

The shinyitis has set in then Nick :D What mech did you buy, I assume you are using an RDA also,which one is that? Tbh I would stick to around a .4ohm build,even a .6 dual coil will give you plenty of vapor and good taste.Just picked myself up another pair of the AWT`s as I bought myself a Tank Crossing the other day.

005_238_zpsadavdlqo.jpg

Back