Fuji x100

I've just tried my 560 II to make sure I tell you right.

Flash in M mode

Camera flash in external flash mode.

Works a treat.

Simon - You are a lifesaver -- Flash IN M MODE - that's it - I had it in S1 then S2 thanks a million - saved me a lot of hassle tomorrow !!!

Guys, can you recommend cheap but good thumb grip and release button? I've seen some that look like ladybird but can't find place to buy it....
Thanks

You're very welcome.

You can have the 560 in S1 off camera to fire by optical trigger from the camera flash.

Wonder if anyone can help me - getting very frustrated with external flash.
Using yongnuo 560 ll in external flash mode on camera - NOTHING
same using always on flash at 60 th - both built in and external flash - usable ish
same using always on flash at 125 th - built in ok ext nothing !!
anyone help ? silent mode is not on and internal flash works at all speeds.

Just tested

External flash: On
Yongnuo mode on M

and the external flash fires and in the inbuilt one doesn't, if that's what you want. Alternatively, Commander mode on the camera and S1 on the flash will fire the flash off-camera using the inbuilt flash as a trigger.

Edit: Seems I got a cached thread from clicking on my email notification, so I was a bit late!

Last edited:
no prob keith all contribs gratefully received - and yes it all works a treat now I understand whats going on !!

waaiiiiit you are were using it on the hotshoe? or triggered off camera?

I always use mine off-camera, triggered optically.

Guys, can you recommend cheap but good thumb grip and release button? I've seen some that look like ladybird but can't find place to buy it....
Thanks

The ladybird shutter release is the 'bug' from this company

http://www.matchtechnical.com/Pages/Beep.aspx

There are quite a few different designs - I have the red ladybird on my X100 and it looks / operates fantastic. The quality is top notch.

Nothing wrong, I wrongly assumed the original question was trying to trigger it optically. Yongnuo S1 and S2 are for optical slave triggers.

Anyone had dust on their sensor? Was out and about today and there's definitely a spot on mine. Visible by f5.6 and obvious at f11+. Definitely annoying since I can't clean it myself.

Just out of interest what have others programmed their fn button for? I've set it on ND filter.

I've just started trying B&W. Levels tweaked a bit in LR.

Driving at Night

Storm Front

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/waynelsworth/13334471694/] [/URL]
13334471694_266bbe88cf_c.jpg

ISO on the fn button and film modes on the raw. One quick question.Is it worth getting a soft release?

Love my x100s - one thing that has me baffled - why the clumsy method of attaching filters/lens hood ? using the replacement front ring . Anyone know the story there?

Well that's annoying. I got my camera back from Fujifilm the week before last. Turnaround was about 5 working days, so pretty reasonable. Along with the sensor clean, the report states that they replaced the lens unit, but not why. I tried it out on Thursday and it's now suffering from sticky aperture blades. Called them yesterday and they sent out packaging (which arrived today). I'm not impressed that my unit was "repaired" with something showing a fault that they allegedly fixed about a year and a half ago. I'll see what they have to say when it gets back to them.

Anyone getting the TCL for their x100? It should be out in the next week or two. First reviews look very good. Have to say I'm tempted.

It's a breath of fresh air seeing Fuji supporting the tcl-x100 on the older model - they could have easily used it as a lure to make people upgrade.

It's a breath of fresh air seeing Fuji supporting the tcl-x100 on the older model - they could have easily used it as a lure to make people upgrade.
Yeah, I've been really impressed at their support for the X100 - you really feel they are trying to be in it for the long run.

A few test shots from our office this morning - still getting used to it after using SLRs for so long - I'm currently using MF with focus on the back button, and it seems to be working for me, although it would be nice to see the parallax adjusted frame and focus point when focussing, rather than only getting the former with the shutter half press, and the latter not at all.

Not sure if it's because it's more of a "pro" camera, but the film presents don't seem to have as much punch to them as the ones on my XF1 - I shoot that almost exclusively in velvia or b+w.

DSCF5754.jpg

DSCF5757.jpg

Back