Get well soon Matt and Darrell

As with everyone else, it's good to hear you're both OK.

Was the person in the other car alright? I imagine an incident between a Touran & a TR6 would mean the TR6 would come off worst!

I'm late to the table again it seems - glad to hear you're both back home and (more or less) in one piece (y)

As with everyone else, it's good to hear you're both OK.

Was the person in the other car alright? I imagine an incident between a Touran & a TR6 would mean the TR6 would come off worst!

Thankfully they were out of their car, it had broken down :(

By way of an update aching like mad took over 30 minutes to put on t-shirt and shorts :( ouchy

Just seen this thread. Sorry to hear of your accident I hope that you both get better as soon as possible.

I'd like to thank you all for the well wishes, I'm now home also, got to have my dressing on my wound changed daily, so will be seeing the district nurses for a couple of weeks, I'm very sore all over and expect to be for a few weeks :(

I got my phone back today and turned it on, the number off messages of support were overwhelming and that's before seeing this thread, this is why I love TP and TPers :love:

I'd also like to say a very special thanks to Steve (smokygoose) who was one of the many members of the emergency services on the scene, without whom I most likely wouldn't be able to post this now

What some guys will do to get face time with the pretty nurses :naughty: (you've been hanging arround with lynton too much - next it will be an inflatable slide ;) ) also I trust your remembered to take a long exposure shot of the pretty lights in the operating theatre :LOL:

Joking aside just catching up with this, and i'm glad to hear you are both okay(ish) and best wishes for a swift recovery

Last edited:
Thankfully they were out of their car, it had broken down :(

By way of an update aching like mad took over 30 minutes to put on t-shirt and shorts :( ouchy

Elderly Triumph? Broken down? Surely not!!! I had got the wrong end of a stick for some reason and thought maybe you were in the TR, so I was going to offer to have a look to see if I could find you a replacement at a classic car show I'm visiting tomorrow. Not sure a Touran qualifies as a classic yet but given that some people think a Sierra (2litre, nowt special!) is a classic, give it a few years!!!

Aches? This time last year, I was unable to dress myself but all mended now! I'm sure a few days of rest will help and a few weeks will see you back to fighting fit. Arnica works wonders on bruises and Bio Oil does the same for scars.

only just seen this, hope you're both well on the road to recover
xxx

Good to hear that you're both home now, and hoping that you'll be back to normal soon (or whatever passes for normal here anyway)

And Matt, I know how much you love this place and I know how much you love photography . . . but please, PLEASE we do not need to see any wound photos :puke:
I'm sure we can all imagine the gory bits without having to see the evidence :LOL:

And Matt, I know how much you love this place and I know how much you love photography . . . but please, PLEASE we do not need to see any wound photos :puke:
I'm sure we can all imagine the gory bits without having to see the evidence :LOL:

you'll be all right sarah - if matt shoots them they'll be arty long exposures :LOL:

get well soon guys

Glad to hear you are both back and making a speedy recovery (y)

Good to hear that you're both home now, and hoping that you'll be back to normal soon (or whatever passes for normal here anyway)

You safe for now :) though the district nurse took a photo today

Good lord! Just stumbled across this thread, I've been around long enough to "know" both guys in here so I'm glad that you both have lived to tell the tale.

Sorry to hear about the accident. Hope you are both soon feeling groovy again.

Just seen this thread. Pleased you are both home. Hope the recovery is quick and you aren't too stiff for to long.

hmm.. I have "demanded evidence" (purely as have Met Matt & Darrell a few times when in headofficeshire) and we share the same sense of humour... (would make Matty blush)...

I am heading that way mid aug and I am volunteering to chauffeur...

hmm.. I have "demanded evidence" (purely as have Met Matt & Darrell a few times when in headofficeshire) and we share the same sense of humour... (would make Matty blush)...

I am heading that way mid aug and I am volunteering to chauffeur...

Really! :help:

Speedy recovery chaps I hope (y)

Looks like recoveries are continuing apace lol (y)

Looks like recoveries are continuing apace lol (y)

I cannot speak for Darrell as not spoke to him today but, I'm feeling about the same as yesterday maybe a touch better :sulk:

I cannot speak for Darrell as not spoke to him today but, I'm feeling about the same as yesterday maybe a touch better :sulk:

:hug2: Go steady Matt....Take it easy.

:hug2: Go steady Matt....Take it easy.

Thanks Ruth, I intend too had lots of sleep the last two days the only thing that has really annoyed me is this has ruined my photo challenge so close to my 1000th day :bang:

Not been on for a few days so have only just seen this. Pleased you are both home and I hope the recovery goes well.

Thanks Ruth, I intend too had lots of sleep the last two days the only thing that has really annoyed me is this has ruined my photo challenge so close to my 1000th day :bang:
Well then, now would be a perfect time to take up cupography. :D
All you need is a camera and a Sharpie. (y)
(Oh, and cups!)

just take a few weeks break then go back to it as if there'd been no interuption, i'm sure the rules allow convalescent leave ;)

just take a few weeks break then go back to it as if there'd been no interuption, i'm sure the rules allow convalescent leave ;)

I think that is what I'm going to have to do :(

or get someone to set up a tripod camera/long lens and remote release pointing at the bird feeders and shoot some bird shots with the remote from your positon recumbent on the sofa

or get someone to set up a tripod camera/long lens and remote release pointing at the bird feeders and shoot some bird shots with the remote from your positon recumbent on the sofa

Possible option but my sigma 150-500 was loose in the car and is apparently a little poorly :(

Back