Hobbies

Shooting seems to be popular here and as you can see from my avatar, I'm into clay shooting. I also do rifle shooting and apart from playing pool - my latest mission impossible - that's my free time taken up.

Where are you based?
I can get Scotland air traffic control from Yorkshire, and out over Ireland.

Far North of Scotland, I can pick up (with a loft mounted antenna) the airfields at Inverness and Lossiemouth but traffic is pretty light i.e. not many aircraft, also local taxi and shop security (mostly scrambled). Next time I'm on the roof I might fit an external antenna.

Far North of Scotland, I can pick up (with a loft mounted antenna) the airfields at Inverness and Lossiemouth but traffic is pretty light i.e. not many aircraft, also local taxi and shop security (mostly scrambled). Next time I'm on the roof I might fit an external antenna.

Is there any activity at Tain Range these days, Hugh ?

Yes, when the raf can afford to take off! You do quite often see Typhoons making bombing runs. Military comms are mostly at a frequency the uniden can't pick up though and/or encrypted. It's possible to catch the tower at Lossie though as they use civilian frequencies.

As you can see from my avatar I quite like making a lot of wood shavings.

Yes, when the raf can afford to take off! You do quite often see Typhoons making bombing runs. Military comms are mostly at a frequency the uniden can't pick up though and/or encrypted. It's possible to catch the tower at Lossie though as they use civilian frequencies.

I can recall the Lossie Buccaneers and Jaguars plus F111's from Lakenheath & Upper Heyford being common visitors. Mil activity is quite scarce now.

Photography is my hobby. When retired i thought great I will get more time for it. Wrong how did I fit in everything I have less time now ??????

I’m another who clay pigeon shoots a lot. Since I moved I’ve got more into long range accuracy to.

Walking, playing guitar and live sound engineering. The last two are supposed to earn me money, but as this years tax return for my self employed earnings are negative (i.e. I spent more on equipment than I earned) I think they are hobbies really!

Steve.

The total refurbishment of my "teleported directly from 1973" home seems to be my long term "hobby". Aside from that, motorsport (only competing, not that any of the competition cars work at the moment, as I've stepped back from organising and marshaling these days), and learning Italian. I'm also restoring a RX-7 fd3s but work on the house is taking priority.

Just realised the last photo I put on my flickr account is from 2012, which shows how much time I have for photography these days :(

Photography is not my hobby, it was meant to be a career. I already have a couple of hobbies.

Doing model kits, like an Airfix model kit, but haven't done it for years, due to being a single parent.

The other hobby is reading books, doing bit of research, and trying to write my own novels.

Camping, it fits in with my photography as we look for campsites in scenic locations or next to a military airbase.

Photography, Hi fi, Boats , Woodwork / woodturning , Far to many to do any properly :(

Back