Jessica Grace Born 1/10/10 - a 365 - Challenge complete!!!!

She has started smiling how cute is that.

I am enjoying this thread and I am sure your wife and daugther will look back on it in years to come and be so pleased you did this.

She has started smiling how cute is that.

I am enjoying this thread and I am sure your wife and daugther will look back on it in years to come and be so pleased you did this.

I hope so Lissa, I'm enjoying it although I think my wife is getting fed up with my obsession to get 7 decent shots each week! It's tougher than I thought it would be.

Week 15 no4 and the one black and white of you feeding her on page 4.

And this one

Really are nice Pete.. All the shots of her on the chairs / sofas are also very good..

Reading this thread so far has been a pleasure..

Kind regards Dave:wave:

<had another quick sneaky peek in - I think this has to my fave thread! Don't forget, if you get a chance to print off your thread - it's a diary for you, not many fellas have that - so lovely (just a suggestion anyhoo)! One for her memory box when's she a big Jessica.)

Week 15 no4 and the one black and white of you feeding her on page 4.

And this one

Really are nice Pete.. All the shots of her on the chairs / sofas are also very good..

Reading this thread so far has been a pleasure..

Kind regards Dave:wave:

Thanks Dave

<had another quick sneaky peek in - I think this has to my fave thread! Don't forget, if you get a chance to print off your thread - it's a diary for you, not many fellas have that - so lovely (just a suggestion anyhoo)! One for her memory box when's she a big Jessica.)

Good Idea!

(y)

Last edited:
Loving 4 and 5, partly I think it's cos it's nice to see how much she's grown and can support herself! I can never get over how well you capture her eyes, always so big and open too, just gorgeous!

Week 16

I'm still finding the the 85mm 1.4 is always on my camera. I think I may challenge myself to do 7 photos with each of my lenses in turn. It'll be fun to try and get 7 baby photos with a 14-24mm...

Another good set Pete.

Are you trying to prove you took the second Photo? (only joking!)

Would be better if you could lose the remote trigger from the image?

Can't believe you are upto week 16, time seems to be flying and Grace continues to grow at a pace!

Gary

Another good set Pete.

Are you trying to prove you took the second Photo? (only joking!)

Would be better if you could lose the remote trigger from the image?

Can't believe you are upto week 16, time seems to be flying and Grace continues to grow at a pace!

Gary

Thanks Gary, you're right about the remote, something to remember next time.

Jessica (Grace) is certainly growing fast, she's growing out of her 6-9month clothes already!

Good Luck!

and sorry for using her surname instead of christian name (oops)

Gary

Damn, I'm in love with the image quality in this thread! The colours and sharpness are absolutely fantastic. I don't think I can add anything that hasn't been said.

Please continue to entertain us with this quality!

(p.s. I'm jealous)

Damn, I'm in love with the image quality in this thread! The colours and sharpness are absolutely fantastic. I don't think I can add anything that hasn't been said.

Please continue to entertain us with this quality!

(p.s. I'm jealous)

Thanks Niall that is very kind. I am having a massive stuggle with the 14-24 for baby photos, maybe it was a daft idea :wacky:

Any suggestions welcome before tomorrow!

Wow, just realised how alike you two are, nice stuff again.

So I am going to try and go through all of my lenses and get 7 shots with the same lens each week.

I thought I would get the hardest out of the way and start with the Nikon 14-24 2.8, a lens that I love but have found that have rarely used recently.

I got a load of rubbish! here is the best of a bad bunch...

ahhhhhhhhhhh.... this thread is a little piece of heaven

ok, so C&Cwise

I'm not so sure about number 7 - hmmmm - Jessica's head looks a little disproportionate, it's the only one I find myself turning my head to look at sideways ...

I think number 6 is exquisite- truly - I bet your wife loves that photo - from a C&C point of view - I really like how the cot goes the full width (I know what I mean) - there is such a softness in this photo (as in ahhhhhhhhhhh and melt soft, not as in a soft photo). Very dreamy - which of course means you captured the atmosphere of Jessica's bedtime. Beautiful. BEAUTIFUL.

Jessica is a cutie-petootie - number 2 is great - she's got a little bit of cheekiness in those eyes ;) Bless her! Number 3 - ha, girl driver - look out PaPa.

So lovely to see the little fellas in the pics too (looks like the tooth fairy may have been visiting lately :D>

Last edited:
I love this shot Pete, I have a grandaughter Jessica, 13 months now, and having had one, a very big soft spot for boxers. These two make a pair, the expressions on their faces says it all - Best mates for life - very well captured. Thanks (y)

Last edited:
Pete,

I have to say you have done well with the lens.

To be honest shooting wide is a style I personally love.

The richness of colours and additional detail you have managed to capture really makes for a fantastic set of photographs.

Like Azure, I have to say no.6 is one of my favourites of the entire series. You have captured the mother and baby bond fantastically well. I feel you have lit the subject well which captures the mood brilliantly. Agreat Shot!

As ever, Jessica and her supporting cast are stars!

Gary

ahhhhhhhhhhh.... this thread is a little piece of heaven

ok, so C&Cwise

I'm not so sure about number 7 - hmmmm - Jessica's head looks a little disproportionate, it's the only one I find myself turning my head to look at sideways ...

I think number 6 is exquisite- truly - I bet your wife loves that photo - from a C&C point of view - I really like how the cot goes the full width (I know what I mean) - there is such a softness in this photo (as in ahhhhhhhhhhh and melt soft, not as in a soft photo). Very dreamy - which of course means you captured the atmosphere of Jessica's bedtime. Beautiful. BEAUTIFUL.

Jessica is a cutie-petootie - number 2 is great - she's got a little bit of cheekiness in those eyes ;) Bless her! Number 3 - ha, girl driver - look out PaPa.

So lovely to see the little fellas in the pics too (looks like the tooth fairy may have been visiting lately :D>

Thanks for your comments, you're right about no7, I was trying for the shoot high with a wide angle lens and get the big eye effect. What I got was the alien baby effect!

:bonk:
I love this shot Pete, I have a grandaughter Jessica, 13 months now, and having had one, a very big soft spot for boxers. These two make a pair, the expressions on their faces says it all - Best mates for life - very well captured. Thanks (y)

Thanks Trev, a Jessica and a boxer too, how about that? I think Twiggy must be the most photographed boxer in the UK!

Pete,

I have to say you have done well with the lens.

To be honest shooting wide is a style I personally love.

The richness of colours and additional detail you have managed to capture really makes for a fantastic set of photographs.

Like Azure, I have to say no.6 is one of my favourites of the entire series. You have captured the mother and baby bond fantastically well. I feel you have lit the subject well which captures the mood brilliantly. Agreat Shot!

As ever, Jessica and her supporting cast are stars!

Gary

That is very kind of you to say so Gary, I enjoyed this weeks photos but it is not the lens that I will grab naturally for baby photos. However if I had not tried, I would not have got n06 and I am pleased with that one...

Week 18

Back to using a more normal portrait lens, the Nikon 70-200 2.8 VRII. I was fortunate that when my 2nd hand VRI was stolen the insurance company replaced it with the latest version, it is a cracking piece of glass.

Oooooooooooooooooh.... number 4 is just excellent. LOVE THAT SO MUCH! That and MaMa and Jessica in bedroom last week are my faves so far.

Your kids are darling.

My only tip - keep up the great shots and thank you for sharing - looking forward to seeing your family grow up this year. :)

Hello Again!

These week's photos were all taken with the Tamron 90mm Macro lens. It's my only non Nikon Lens. It hunts around a fair bit and I was hoping to use it to take plenty of close ups but it was pretty tricky with a wriggling baby.

Because I have the 85mm 1.4 it's not a lens I use any more for portraits, but it really is very sharp!

Back