weekly Leslie's 2015 52 - Week 2, Fragile Added

Great subject, composition and a lovely shot - well done. Perhaps a touch dark overall in the B&W conversion for me, but these things are often subjective.

I'm sure it's a picture that you'll treasure for years.

Ah yes, I remember the "Bliss" too, when the kids are sleeping.
It works both ways :)

(And the thread was moved by Sarah BTW)

Great take on the theme, welcome to the crazy corner of the forum. I look forward to seeing more from you in the coming weeks.

Can't get anymore blissful than that, love watching the kids sleep. Like the B&W conversion and sure as been said a picture to treasured.

Thanks for the comments everyone. And Thanks to Sarah for moving my thread to the correct section.

On reflection it probably is a bit dark, might re-edit to see what can be done.

Hi

Great on theme image. Does look one stop too dark so defo worth lightening up a little.

Great 1st shot!

Mark

Hi Leslie & a belated welcome from me :wave:

Good start to your challenge , think I prefer the slightly darker version , makes it seem more like night time :)

I have to admit I struggled with Fragile! I ended up settling on this.

My daughter got a scooter for her Christmas and managed to drop it against the Christmas tree, breaking her 'Daughter's First Christmas' bauble.

TP 52 Fragile-1 by Leslie Stoddart, on Flickr

Shame it broke, superglue will sort it, though.

I like the overall lighting, and really liken the lighting and detail in the 'baby's' shard.

Cheers.

That's a shame Leslie! Nicely taken photo: good focus choice on the writing and background, despite being visible isn't particularly distracting. I think a bit of soft sidelighting might have helped bring out a bit more depth to the shards, but any which way, it's a nicely shot image.

Thank you for the comments.

I hadn't thought about trying to superglue it Andy, might give that a try now though!

Back