B&W Let's see your Black and White photos

8638609_orig.jpg

21485_orig.jpg

8758047_orig.jpg

Like that Alan, but that chimney is playing with my head! Is it blowing over, or a lens distortion?

This will split people. You'll either like it or hate it. I left this a couple of days to see what would happen (well, I knew what would happen), as I thought it might make an interesting photo. Yes, I have cleaned it!

Tea, anyone?
by Jackie XLY, on Flickr

That's a crazy border.

What's crazy about it :thinking:

It's no different from using a deep card mount if it were a printed image. The use of the border can focus the eye into the image as well as making web presentation look a little neater.

Interested to hear thoughts without taking this great sharing thread off topic (y)

I chose the word crazy hoping it would not sound negative. I've not seen such a big border in a forum before. So to me it was an extreme. But, as you rightly pointed out, there is a danger of going off-topic. The difference to a card mount, is that online if you put on a big border on often makes the actual picture display smaller. And I commented after I viewed it on my mobile phone.

Last edited:
:)

Online I find it centres the image and provides a cleaner background for a monochromatic image to sit against as web pages are usually off white which can mute the look of the overall image.

What's crazy about it :thinking:
It's no different from using a deep card mount if it were a printed image. The use of the border can focus the eye into the image as well as making web presentation look a little neater.
Interested to hear thoughts without taking this great sharing thread off topic (y)

Personally I think it would look great like that hung on a wall, as is. (y)
However I'm not convinced it works on a monitor the same way ;)

Back