B&W Let's see your Black and White photos

David, not a style of work that I know much about, and all very dark and low key. I didn't think the coloured frog eyes worked for me, nor the detached hand in the first of the figure shots, but I did really like the horse.

I liked them, but not the selective colour frog one :)

Brighton pier

8127652909_05c171fd1e_b.jpg

Great work by everyone keep them coming

It's part of the sea defences on new Brighton beach on the Wirral. [emoji3]

The ugly concrete contrasts well against the smooth sea, I was going to enter this image into Aprils sPOTY but decided I'd go with another image instead.

Andrew, I like your image, quite a lot. But I was struck, as I have been with a few images on this thread recently, by the very dark toning of the sky (which by the way seems much lighter in the "quoted" image above). This isn't something I would naturally do, and I wondered about your reasoning for this approach. Or maybe it's just my uncalibtrated screen!

Andrew, I like your image, quite a lot. But I was struck, as I have been with a few images on this thread recently, by the very dark toning of the sky (which by the way seems much lighter in the "quoted" image above). This isn't something I would naturally do, and I wondered about your reasoning for this approach. Or maybe it's just my uncalibtrated screen!
Thank you Chris. I used the gradient filter in LR, too much so it seems.
Thanks for your time,
Andrew.

Back