B&W Let's see your Black and White photos

Lifted from fb as I haven't gotten round to putting it on flickr yet.

Shame I cut his wee bum off but he wanted to eat the camera so I took what I could get ;)
1476596_10152119263842962_75463243_n.jpg

I like this shot... nicely done.

The scond I think the blacks should be more black... but it is nice too! Did the happy couple like it?

I'm not a fan of pure black blacks and pure white whites....I like things a little rough to take that digital edge off...if that makes sense...not film emulation, just not so sterile and crisp :)
But yes, it's been my biggest order of canvases to date so something must have clicked ;-)

these are very good...great black to white conversion
or...in the camera?

cheers
geoff

Thanks Geoff - all post processed by me in Paint Shop Pro. Really appreciate your comment actually as I don't think PP is one of my strengths really!

Hi all. Newer poster here. Thought I would contribute a little to the thread. Most of these are on the NEX 7 using the High Contrast B&W mode and a variety of old manual focus lenses. Hope you enjoy.

reflections in a foil
7504528664_6a517616c2_b.jpg

refuse container #rz496
8966160896_c6cc827d70_b.jpg

the bicyclist
(shot in emulation of Meatyards 'no focus' style)
9657992581_e8ecd6d021_b.jpg

daughter mine
9118943459_25bfb0df6a_b.jpg

once and never gone
7554206952_912f2dcc0c_b.jpg

the winged lord of the ebony spheres
8088539446_a548bf6716_b.jpg

Thanks Geoff - all post processed by me in Paint Shop Pro. Really appreciate your comment actually as I don't think PP is one of my strengths really!
right on!!
i have ps2...an oldie...and the plug in silverefex pro...
should i be able to emulate your work...i would dearly like to
cheers
geoff

ps i rely exclusively on pp...from the simple crop and clone to the advanced tonal adjustments, dodge and burn etc...there may be more...layers for instance i havent even started to explore...get it wrong every time
i have oloneo for hdr and lightroom3 as my main pp software
i think i have a triad of items when really i should have a really good single item...which accepts raw

Last edited:
This is just such a brilliant thread, the quality of the images in here is unbelievably good. Time to lower the bar I think.

A small tree near Ben Nevis taken on a Yashica Mat EM and Kodak T-Max film

Lochan2
by andysnapper1, on Flickr

A couple of waders, the original shot wasn't brilliant but I liked the synchronicity of the 2 birds so decided to try a bit of arty farty stuff

Synchronized

Another film shot, Crinan Canal in Scotland, taken on a Yashica Mat on Kodak T-Max 100 film

Moorings---Crinan-Canal-Square

Over the Rockies

Over-The-Rockies-b&w2J

Carry on the good work folks.

Andy

A selfie...

Week 46 - Self
by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

...and a slightly left field selfie that required more realistic spiders really:

Behind the Web
by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

Do you know - looking at this thread has really made me want to get creative with my photography again. For far too long I think I've been stuck in a bit of a rut and I'm preferring my older pictures to the more recent ones. Maybe it's time for another 52.

Back