Lisa's 365 - Now finished!!!

42/365 - Happiness held is the seed; happiness shared is the flower.

3711902773_9262e6872b.jpg

43/365

3712928212_28ab10697f.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, wow, the processing on 43 is fantastic, please can you tell me what you did? So different from the normal flower shots and it works so well, like an old painting. Love it!!!!!!

Thank you :D

Please excuse my photoshop talk, i dont know proper terms :LOL: It was a total play and see what happnes, i dont know what they hell im doing!

I did my usual tweaks in the raw options thing then added a texture and used saturation at a lowish opacity, about 30% i think then i added another texture and left that on normal i think and just lowered the opacity to what i liked and it was done!

Im sure you lot are more in the know than me :LOL:

Well I don't know how to do that effect, so will have to try it one day, but however you did it, it has to be one of my fav flower shots of all time! :clap::clap:

42 &43 are lovely Lisa, different processing but both beautiful. :clap:

Have to agree about no.43.
Pretty sure I could do a good job of the desat part but the cracked? effect looks so genuine, well done (y)

Its meant to be the best 500 pics in a day, they change it so its done by how many are faved, viewed, comments ect and you go in at one of these 500 numbers (e.g mine yesterday was 261 and 259) then the first im not sure how many make front page explore but to be honest ive seen some utter crap on there and never know how it made it or how they get so many comments in the first place!

Its nice but im not wrapped up in it like some are, ive seen posts where people are sooo into trying to get onto explore but i still dont really get it myself.

44/365 - They are ready to pick.

I found a pod yesterday that was ready so picked it and had them straight away then this morning i found another and thought of this shot then of course i had to eat them :D They are bloody yummy! Ive been waiting a whole year to have fresh peas again!

3715766221_b9c9a94fa1.jpg

Its meant to be the best 500 pics in a day, they change it so its done by how many are faved, viewed, comments ect and you go in at one of these 500 numbers (e.g mine yesterday was 261 and 259) then the first im not sure how many make front page explore but to be honest ive seen some utter crap on there and never know how it made it or how they get so many comments in the first place!

Its nice but im not wrapped up in it like some are, ive seen posts where people are sooo into trying to get onto explore but i still dont really get it myself.

Lots to learn you have! Explore originally was extremely flawed, was just based on views alone. For instance, if you wanted, you could have signed out and viewed your own picture thousands of times and voila, in explore.

Flickr caught on to this, it's now based predominantly on comments and favourites. Also, the amount of groups you have it in plays a large part as well. For instance, a photo in 25 groups with the same views etc as one in 5 groups won't make it into explore, whereas the one in less groups would!!

Having a large contacts base is probably the best way to make it, which you probably have. Flickr is the same as anything, you get back what you put into it. (y)

Having a large contacts base is probably the best way to make it, which you probably have. Flickr is the same as anything, you get back what you put into it. (y)

What makes you think that? :LOL: I might be billy no mates!

See ive only been on flickr about 1 1/2 years so didnt know half you just said, its mainly just somewhere to share my pics as i dont have any friends/ family that are bothered by my pics/ photography in general :crying: :razz:

It's called HDR!! Well, extremely badly done HDR. Julian's normally one for excellent HDR work. But he isn't on Flickr!!

How kind, or . . . . . how much do I owe you :D

Like today's shot Lisa, great against the white background :)

The roses shot is lovely Lisa, would look good on a greetings card. (y)

It'd also look good in a wedding album.
I think it's safe to say wedding in this part of the forum :LOL:

It'd also look good in a wedding album.
I think it's safe to say wedding in this part of the forum :LOL:

Nope, how much would you charge for that picture?? Could I do a wedding with my iPhone?? Is this too cheap....blah blah....

You have a very cute dog Lisa, Sasha hates the camera as well, I find it best to get a picture of her while she is distracted, (food mainly) but age may be a factor. I :love: Labradors..

Chloes the same, if foods about shes there, same with balls!

Not bad for a 10 year old with hip dysplasia! I didnt think she'd make this age seeing the x-rays at a year old and from what they was saying :( Hence why im worried about them, shes def changed how shes walking plus she now keeps tripping on a front leg :bonk:

Back