weekly Mandy's first 52 challenge 2014 week 52 added and all finished now

Hi Mandy

Swirl....love it , nuff said :clap: Interesting that it was done in pp....must have a try at this , tried zoom burst for a swirl but it went horribly wrong !

Bubble reshoot....hmmm , not sure , like the matt color effect but not sure on the image overall...sorry

Nice bubble shot, perhaps cropping in a bit tighter to eliminate the clear are bottom left.
Swil shot is reall nice

Thanks for the comments.

Hi Mandy

Swirl....love it , nuff said :clap: Interesting that it was done in pp....must have a try at this , tried zoom burst for a swirl but it went horribly wrong !

Bubble reshoot....hmmm , not sure , like the matt color effect but not sure on the image overall...sorry

Thanks for the comments, I am not so sure on the bubble either just felt it was something to have another go at.

Reshoot - Bubble - very much like the metallic feel that you have captured - gives it an immediate impact. Not keen on the bottom rhs which detracts from the rest of the image - a crop might work.
Swirl - to my mind not a theme that allowed much breadth of thought and you choice of a swiss roll is inspired. It comes out quite well but the different coloured b/g spoils it a little. I note the set up shot and I think that it is the use of the cloth base that is marring the outcome. Have you tried an infinity curve made out of thin card? This would help I feel. Onwards and upwards:)

Reshoot - Bubble - very much like the metallic feel that you have captured - gives it an immediate impact. Not keen on the bottom rhs which detracts from the rest of the image - a crop might work.
Swirl - to my mind not a theme that allowed much breadth of thought and you choice of a swiss roll is inspired. It comes out quite well but the different coloured b/g spoils it a little. I note the set up shot and I think that it is the use of the cloth base that is marring the outcome. Have you tried an infinity curve made out of thin card? This would help I feel. Onwards and upwards:)

Love the swirl. Very good.

Love the metallic colour of your bubbles (y)
Prefer the original of your swirl in focus and fits the theme:)

Thanks all for the comments.

Week 12 Linked this was a tricky theme for me as i wasn't sure what i wanted to do and i haven't had much time, as normal life has got in my way of doing things at the moment. So i have opted for something fairly simple My bracelet as the links are rather pretty and there all " linked " up :)

My own crit is maybe a different crop, not have my hand to tight in the left hand side of the frame.

Linked

Linked (49)
by pinkbikerbabe 1, on Flickr

Bracelet looks clear, well exposed Mandy (y) Agree though , possibly a tighter crop with more emphasis on the bracelet :)

Nice and simple Mandy. What does a close up look like?

Bracelet looks clear, well exposed Mandy (y) Agree though , possibly a tighter crop with more emphasis on the bracelet :)

Linked... good idea but just not quite working can't fault the focus, exposure etc :) :) perhaps if you turned your hand over and curled your fingers a bit with the bracelet closer to your hand, just an idea.

Thanks all for the comments I had a look at a closer crop and it made the bracelet look oof. Will see what I can come up with later on as I didn't find setting up for the shot easy.

Hmmm well perfectly nice shot of the chain ... but is it just me? ... the hand looks all wrong, sad and lonely.

we need more colour too.

As said the focus is spot on but the rest of the image isn't doing the main subject justice. I feel the missing fingers don't help. A closer crop may have helped

Hmmm well perfectly nice shot of the chain ... but is it just me? ... the hand looks all wrong, sad and lonely.

we need more colour too.

As said the focus is spot on but the rest of the image isn't doing the main subject justice. I feel the missing fingers don't help. A closer crop may have helped

Hi, it's all been said.

It's on theme, but looks like you didn't have much time.

Cheers.

Thanks for all the comments, I have gone back to the drawing board on this one so to speak.

Maybe the hand could be gripping a scotch on the rocks, and in pp you could experiment with red and yellow on the colour balance scale.

Maybe the hand could be gripping a scotch on the rocks, and in pp you could experiment with red and yellow on the colour balance scale.

As said, nice and simple. Good skin tone and nice and sharp on the chain. On theme indeed.

The real subject looks a bit lost in that composition and the lighting doesn't help much.

Thanks all for the comments, will have another offering posted up later on.

Linked looks well focussed and all the other crits made. Maybe a slight adjustment to colour temp to make it warmer would also help

Hi Mandy, its all been said about the first shot but you have improved it with the second attempt, well done for sticking with it

Week 13 step as it was a nice day i took the camera off out and went in search for something to fit the theme. I struggled to find something to inspire me so i had a nice sit down on one off the benches in the abbey grounds, while listening to the birds sing found it very relaxing. I then came up with the idea of using the steps on the bandstand in the grounds, i could make up my mind which one to choose so i have two humble offerings for this weeks theme.

Step

Step 1

I prefer the angle of the first one, but think perhaps it could benefit from a little more light and/or contrast in the foreground to add a bit more interest.

Back