weekly Michael23's 2012 52 COMPLETED! WooHoo! Slide show added

I really like glow Michael, as above I would've liked to have seen the full lamp but it is still great as is.
When I first looked at it and was scrolling down I thought it was the sun, it has a real warm feel to it. A simple but effective take on the theme, good work (y)

Hi Michael

are we proud parents yet ?

Glow...very warming image...for me , crop out the base of the unit to give it a more abstract feel & it works better , more like a close up of the sun.

Shadow...Blue Costa cup for me ...nice n sharp , good shadow , undistracting bg....just maybe needs a slight rotation to the right by about 2mm ?

I did think, when I first scrolled down, that you'd caught a very low early rising sun through the mists... then I saw the base ;). It works, lovely warm feel to it..., and defo glows..

Not long to go now... is everything all set ??

I did think, when I first scrolled down, that you'd caught a very low early rising sun through the mists... then I saw the base ;). It works, lovely warm feel to it..., and defo glows..

Not long to go now... is everything all set ??

Hi John, thanks very much for the comments. Certainly not long, I think everything is ready now, so just a bit of waiting to do (y)

Although I'm not sure about the crop and colour is lovely and definitely gives a glowing feel to it.

Hi Peter, thanks for the comments. I will consider a different crop if I decide to reshoot.

Hi Michael, A lovely warm glow shot just what we need on these cold days! the cut of edges didn't really bother me until I kept reading others comments!:)

Good luck with your new arrival I hope you don't have to wait to much longer!:)

Been looking at some pics I took yesterday with the negative theme in mind.

Both of these were with my new 85mm 1.8, wide open as there wasn't a great deal of light and I didn't have my tripod with me.

2 Versions, 1 in colour and the other a b+w conversion, I like both but I am leaning towards the b+w

ping 026 by scilly puffin, on Flickr

ping 027 by scilly puffin, on Flickr

Hi Michael.

Round I like. Is it colour popped, or is the background actually that colour? Either way, I like it. Very very vivid, and the textures work well I think.

Negative I like both, but lean towards the colour one. Great shots; very minimal and nicely lit, but I'm struggling to understand where the negative connection is?

Looks like you might be getting a baby for Christmas!

Hi Mark, the orange is an instagram shot on my galaxy s2 which enhanced the colours of the bg.
With the pix for negative I went for this subject as the flowers had gone over and not much colour left tieing in with negative.
Indeed baby could come over christmas!

Got it, thanks.

I've seen S2 pictures before, and it does heavily saturate the colours. It works extremely well for some shots (and probably looks good for most on the phone screen), but not so well for others. Your shot here is one of the ones that benefits!

Michael, Michael, Michael, Round is on theme, but once I saw Negative...I was hooked.

Loving them. Really works for me. They look really sharp where needed and the fall off is superb. They have a real sense of loss feel to them.

Good show :clap:

Got it, thanks.

I've seen S2 pictures before, and it does heavily saturate the colours. It works extremely well for some shots (and probably looks good for most on the phone screen), but not so well for others. Your shot here is one of the ones that benefits!

(y)

Michael, Michael, Michael, Round is on theme, but once I saw Negative...I was hooked.

Loving them. Really works for me. They look really sharp where needed and the fall off is superb. They have a real sense of loss feel to them.

Good show :clap:

Hi Andy thanks very much for the comments, (y) The bg is actually a canal, the lighting was a bit awkward but it worked well. Forunately for me the canal was frozen in that area.

Round - Just the right amount of saturation on this. I like the texture of the background which compliments that of the orange.

Negative - I like the muted colours of #1. It would be good to do a series of these.

I was meaning different shots of the same style - dying flowers or weeds against a similar background. Although a triptych might work I feel your single shot is a strong enough image to sit on its own.

Hi Michael
Missed quite a few of your submissions but impressive work overall. Liquid, flow, Pack (edit) and Round stand out for me.
Negative - I am going for the B/W. Good use of DOF and sounds like you're pleased with the lens

b and w negative works best for me, orange pic has a lovely orange colour going on nicely exposed

Hi Michael
Missed quite a few of your submissions but impressive work overall. Liquid, flow, Pack (edit) and Round stand out for me.
Negative - I am going for the B/W. Good use of DOF and sounds like you're pleased with the lens

Hi John, thanks for taking a look through since your last visit. The 85mm is a very nice lens, even on a crop it gives a really useful focal lengh.

b and w negative works best for me, orange pic has a lovely orange colour going on nicely exposed

Thanks Alan, much appreciated. (y)

Hi Michael,

Glow, lovely warm lighting for this, but agree about needing the edges of the lamp in shot.

Round, that's very colourful, it's amazing how much detail and quality you can get from a phone!

Negative, not really sure how this fits the theme? The 85mm is a nice lens I had one and sold it on here as it was just a tad too long for me and I could never get my kids in it! Kind of missing it now:bonk:

Altogether now 'COME OUT BABY, IT'S CHRISTMAS AND YOUR PRESENCE IS REQUIRED ASAP'

Raspberry leaf tea, star jumps, sideways up and down the stairs and any other labour inducing vibes coming your wife's way!

Hi Michael

Round - great shot. Lovely vibrant colours and good textures as complement. Simple and effective

Negative - would not have been my first thought as a subject for the theme but handled well. i think that the colour version is my choice as it best exemplifies your view of the dying flowers losing colour - with that one you can see the fading greens and yellows.

Will be thinking of you and your wife . Best of luck

Thanks very much Alan, much appreciated, I think I will go with the colour version of negative for the final set, though I do like both!

Thanks for the best wishes, (y)

And on to the final weeks image!

A busy time of year for parents with children, most people will know how many bugs have been going round schools this past week or so, so much so around 30 of 90 pupils in my daughters school were off ill, including our daughter Caitlin!

So as time is of the essence and nothing can be planned really, I went with a basic shot of some medicines used whilst being busy with everything!

Week 52, Busy by scilly puffin, on Flickr

That's it! No more edits! I am done and ready for the 2013 thread!

Thank you to everyone who has followed me through this project, comments and critique have been a great help, hopefully I have done a good job this year. One final thing I will do is upload a slideshow of all my final images, hopefully finding a decent piece of music with them too.

Nice one for finishing, Michael, and I'm sure I'll see you next year.

Nice narrative to your final entry. I'll keep my eye out for the video.

Cheers and good luck with the birth ;)

Hi ya

congrats on finishing this year Michael & look forward to seeing you round these parts again next year :wacky:

Love your Orange for Round , pretty darned impressive for a phone ..why do we lug these DSLRS's around ?

Hope all goes well with the new addition when it arrives & have a great christmas mister (y)

Back