MWHCVT(Matt's) Challenge 365 - Completed

Day 175 - Rainy Summer's Eve

Well today has been a real wash out, I managed to jump out the car for all of 30 seconds to sort out this picture, on closer inspection it is a little soft which is a disappointment...

I still to this day don't have a clue what this flower is called, but for me it will probably always be "The Hummingbird Flower" as when I was young when ever I used to see these flowers I would associate them with Hummingbirds as I remember watching a nature documentary with hummingbirds and they were flying to flowers that looked like this

175/365 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Good for you!!!!

Not many of us have such privilege

D x

I try and remember each and every day just how lucky I am :D

Matt
MWHCVT

Day 176 - Flasher Exploits

I always like to have a go at new thinks and have been reading guides on nightclub photography recently, so I thought that I would put a bit of what I've learnt into practice last night, I am really quite pleased with this one featuring my brother-in-law and fellow TPer thedodo

176/365 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Day 180 - Chesterton Windmill

Just been up to Chesterton Windmill, a much photographed location in Warwickshire, but in the two and a half years that I have had my 450D this is the first time that I have been up there :bang:

180/365 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

I know that I have been quite wild with the processing on this and to some I may have gone too far, but I am really pleased with it as I wanted to make the windmill into a silhouette and I think I have achieved this :D

Matt
MWHCVT

Hi Matt

Fab scene, cracking composition you achieved your goal by silhouetting the windmill, however for me the top third of sky does nothing, its a bit of nothingness if you know what I mean, a nice crops needed I think well it does for me. hope you dont mind the edit and its allowed in challenges if not I'll remove it
5885990032_11d8ff0b0b_b.jpg

Last edited:
michael23 said:
Hi Matt, loving the windmill silhouette, great processing, and lovely orange sky colours.
Day 179 is a fuchsia, and a very nice picture.
The wild flower meadow looks lovely,

Thanks Michael, I'm really pleased with the windmill, for once I knew the fuchsia ;) The wild flower meadow was a brilliant find, and there were some great skies that day to (y)

Just Dave said:
Hi Matt

Fab scene, cracking composition you achieved your goal by silhouetting the windmill, however for me the top third of sky does nothing, its a bit of nothingness if you know what I mean, a nice crops needed I think well it does for me. hope you dont mind the edit and its allowed in challenges if not I'll remove it

I don't mind your crop at all mate and I think it works well, I'm pleased you like the photo, I've been meaning to head to this location for ages and finally did this evening, I was a little restricted though as I only had my 50/1.8 and my much loved 17-85 has had to go away to the lens hospital :( :shrug: :(

Matt
MWHCVT

Day 179 - Pink Drops

The rhododendron bush in the front garden has just started to flower today (y)

179/365 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Hiya Matt

Great photos ... but is this not Cape Fushia?

Cheers

Dawn :)

Thanks Michael, I'm really pleased with the windmill, for once I knew the fuchsia ;) The wild flower meadow was a brilliant find, and there were some great skies that day to (y)
Matt
MWHCVT

It's a while since I have seen a wild flower meadow like that, there was a great one at a resevoir I visit every now and then, but it didn't seem to hold it's beauty each year. I popped the bit in about the fuchsia as you mentioned rhododendron in the sentence above it. (y)

michael23 said:
It's a while since I have seen a wild flower meadow like that, there was a great one at a resevoir I visit every now and then, but it didn't seem to hold it's beauty each year. I popped the bit in about the fuchsia as you mentioned rhododendron in the sentence above it. (y)

God I've just read what I have written in the original post, I'm such a prat, in knew it was a fuchsia, I have no idea why I wrote rhododendron, I will go and edit that now :bang:

Thanks for your continued support through my challenge (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Day 182 - Lazy Summer Afternoon

I found this in the back garden while playing with my nephews over from Ireland, when I saw this I knew were I was heading later that day to get my photo of the day

182/365 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

I when for this composition as it shows a fully developed flower and a new bud in the background waiting to flower.

Matt
MWHCVT

matt...flowers aren't my bag really...BUT you take them so beautifully... and doing it as a 365...love the colour you bring out in them ... big (y)

SamuelSlade007 said:
matt...flowers aren't my bag really...BUT you take them so beautifully... and doing it as a 365...love the colour you bring out in them ... big (y)

Thanks, I do love to take pictures of flowers mainly because I like nice colourful photos, I'm especially pleased with yesterdays photo, you comments are much appreciated :D

Matt
MWHCVT

Day 183 - A small world

This is also my photo for TP Day 2011, It is another new idea photographically for me, I have done a few stitched photos this year as part of my 365 but today I have added a new twist into the mix, Tilt Shift, well Faux Tilt Shift as the lottery rolled over again of
Friday so no nice T-SE lens just yet :LOL:

This was shot was Braunston Marina, in Northamptonshire and is made up of 5 separate exposures then stitched together, then a Tilt shift filter has been applied to the final image....

183/365 TalkPhotography Day 2011 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

To enjoy the full size version of this image CLICK HERE

Matt
MWHCVT

Day 184 - An a.p.p.l.e a day....

Well today called for a flying visit to the Wye Valley, unfortunately no photographic opportunities as all but 3 minutes was spent in the car :( but there was was time to pay a visit to my favourite traditional cider and perry farm, to collect some cider for myself and a few friends :D

Had some issues getting a level shot, maybe I should have shot before drinking a bottle :D

184/365 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

I can honestly say its worth a visit to this wonderful place to get some cider or perry if you like them as you would not be disappointed I'm sure :D

Matt
MWHCVT

Last edited:
Day 185 - A English Rose....

This was taken in the grounds of the parish church of Stoneleigh, Warwickshire...It was a wonderful smelling Rose, I will head back to this church when I have my 17-85 back as it will make a lovely location to do a few different photo's :D

185/365 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Day 183 - A small world

This is also my photo for TP Day 2011, It is another new idea photographically for me, I have done a few stitched photos this year as part of my 365 but today I have added a new twist into the mix, Tilt Shift, well Faux Tilt Shift as the lottery rolled over again of
Friday so no nice T-SE lens just yet :LOL:

This was shot was Braunston Marina, in Northamptonshire and is made up of 5 separate exposures then stitched together, then a Tilt shift filter has been applied to the final image....

183/365 TalkPhotography Day 2011 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

To enjoy the full size version of this image CLICK HERE

Matt
MWHCVT

Matt, i love this shot, i saw it in the TP day thread, and thought what a great vantage point you got. And emplying the ol' T&S effect works for me, that sharp focus on the boats whilst the rest is left OOF (y). I see a similar divided waterways on the way to work and so want to stop off and spend a bit of time stitching that shot together, but its always at the wrong time of day or too much traffic....but i will one day...

always nice to balance the water with a blue sky..good capture. :clap:

Day 186 - Safe Landing...

This ladybird picked a landing spot at the end of the runway as Bagington - CVT, yeah I was a bit board, having got to the airport at 9.30 expecting the arrival at 10am of a very old and very rare 2WW jet fighter, and it didn't turn up till gone 12 :bang: so when I spotted this I thought I'd take a picture of it..

186/365 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt, i love this shot, i saw it in the TP day thread, and thought what a great vantage point you got. And emplying the ol' T&S effect works for me, that sharp focus on the boats whilst the rest is left OOF (y). I see a similar divided waterways on the way to work and so want to stop off and spend a bit of time stitching that shot together, but its always at the wrong time of day or too much traffic....but i will one day...

always nice to balance the water with a blue sky..good capture. :clap:

Thanks, I am really pleased with it, especially for my first attempt, I didn't know I was going to take this style of shot when I got there but when I saw the view from the bridge I instantly knew what I wanted to do with it :D

Matt
MWHCVT

Hi Matt, liking your Lilly, the colour is great, I really like your tp day photo, the processing is excellent. Like the angle of your cider bottle. I do like a decent cider. Have you ever been down to cornwall and had cornish Rattler? That is a great drink, something I look forward to each year. Oh and the Ladybird is great too.
(y)

michael23 said:
Hi Matt, liking your Lilly, the colour is great, I really like your tp day photo, the processing is excellent. Like the angle of your cider bottle. I do like a decent cider. Have you ever been down to cornwall and had cornish Rattler? That is a great drink, something I look forward to each year. Oh and the Ladybird is great too.
(y)

Thanks mate, it has been a really pleasing few days for photography :D I've never had Rattler as I haven't been down to Cornwall since I was 12 :) I never miss a chance for a nice cider :beer: but cannot stand all rubbish that's been launched in the last few years and if I hear of another pear cider someone will get injured it Perry :bang:

Matt
MWHCVT

Hiya Matt,

Just doing a quick catch-up of your project. Wow you are going great guns and producing superb shots.

The flower photos just get better and better and I love this last one of the rose ... absolutely gorgeous as is the English Rose, Lazy Summer Afternoon and Little Pinkies :clap:

Also love the windmill shot and think Dave's edit works great.

And the ladybird is just so cute and I like the bit of story you added ... quite an appropriate title.

Well done Matt, keep up the great work (y)

Cheers

Hiya Matt,

Just doing a quick catch-up of your project. Wow you are going great guns and producing superb shots.

The flower photos just get better and better and I love this last one of the rose ... absolutely gorgeous as is the English Rose, Lazy Summer Afternoon and Little Pinkies :clap:

Also love the windmill shot and think Dave's edit works great.

And the ladybird is just so cute and I like the bit of story you added ... quite an appropriate title.

Well done Matt, keep up the great work (y)

Cheers

Thanks Dawn, I always look forward to your reviews of my recent work, I sometimes take a photo and think to myself I bet Dawn will like that one :D

I am trying to think of something to take a picture of that would symbolise the fact that as of last weekend I am now closer to the end of the challenge that I am the beginning, wow this year seems to be going fast.

Matt

Thanks Dawn, I always look forward to your reviews of my recent work, I sometimes take a photo and think to myself I bet Dawn will like that one :D

I am trying to think of something to take a picture of that would symbolise the fact that as of last weekend I am now closer to the end of the challenge that I am the beginning, wow this year seems to be going fast.

Matt

Hiya Matt,

Awww that is so sweet :D

I normally pop into your thread on a daily basis to see what photo you have for the day .... I should really try to comment more often, just need more time.

Good idea for a picture as you mentioned ... hope you come up with an idea (if I think of one I'll let you know).

Cheers

Day 188 - Heavy Weight

What have affectionately become known as an Antonov Pigeon's after the large Russian heavy air transport planes the AN124 and AN225 just because of the size of these grey beast's and the fact that I often wonder how they get off the ground ;)

188/365 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Hiya Matt,

Awww that is so sweet :D

I normally pop into your thread on a daily basis to see what photo you have for the day .... I should really try to comment more often, just need more time.

Good idea for a picture as you mentioned ... hope you come up with an idea (if I think of one I'll let you know).

Cheers

Thanks for keeping up with my thread it is much appreciated, I only hope I can maintain the standard set for the first half of the year into the second half...

Matt
MWHCVT

Day 189 - Can you spot em'

Here is something just a little bit different from me, a nice fun challenge, its a spot the difference challenge, there are 8 differences in the new image from the original, I have made some deliberately easy and a few extremely hard, have fun :D

Please feel free to say the ones you have found haha, how long will it take for all 8 to be located

189/365 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

To see the full size version CLICK HERE

Matt
MWHCVT

Day 189 - Can you spot em'

Here is something just a little bit different from me, a nice fun challenge, its a spot the difference challenge, there are 8 differences in the new image from the original, I have made some deliberately easy and a few extremely hard, have fun :D

Please feel free to say the ones you have found haha, how long will it take for all 8 to be located

189/365 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

To see the full size version CLICK HERE

Matt
MWHCVT

How are we meant to let you know what the differences are?

its early so i'm going to spoil the fun by guessing 'in thread' as it were...

1) the ceiling 'light' central
2) flowery thing somewhere ..can't quite remember now... saw ittttt.... nope gone...
3) autographed photo of beethovens 9th symphony in D minor RHS, his best piece
5) speaker on wall RHS
7) lady of the night's leg poking out of LHS table, can only see high heels and that its 6:36
8) cup and saucer on front table...

there we go... 8 ... :cautious: ... you lot should get a cat..that wakes you up at 5am wanting to go for a tandem bike ride (though how many times she sits on the back and doesn't peddle, i've lost count)

:wave:

drodd said:

In thread is fine (y)

SamuelSlade007 said:
its early so i'm going to spoil the fun by guessing 'in thread' as it were...

1) the ceiling 'light' central
2) flowery thing somewhere ..can't quite remember now... saw ittttt.... nope gone...
3) autographed photo of beethovens 9th symphony in D minor RHS, his best piece
5) speaker on wall RHS
7) lady of the night's leg poking out of LHS table, can only see high heels and that its 6:36
8) cup and saucer on front table...

there we go... 8 ... :cautious: ... you lot should get a cat..that wakes you up at 5am wanting to go for a tandem bike ride (though how many times she sits on the back and doesn't peddle, i've lost count)

:wave:

Haha...that's only 7 where's your #4 :) and sorry to say but one of the ones you have put down is I think incorrect :LOL: I have no idea what your #7 is referring to :shrug:

Keep trying :LOL:

Matt
MWHCVT

starting top from right to left:

Speaker
Cornice
Flower thing
right hand picture
Oblong something on wall
Left hand picture
center light
cup & saucer

Les Key said:
starting top from right to left:

Speaker
Cornice
Flower thing
right hand picture
Oblong something on wall
Left hand picture
center light
cup & saucer

Close, very close actually, but there is one in there that's not right, I'm unsure what you mean by cornice, but there is still the real tough one missing that no one has noticed yet either here or on flickr :D

Matt
MWHCVT

Right, not looked at anyone elses replies

1. Ceiling light missing
2. Speaker missing above right hand door
3. Shadow of above speaker missing
4. Picture missing to left of right hand door
5. Picture missing to the left of the archway
6. Wall decoration missing from back wall
7. Item (tea cup?) missing from front left table
8. Picture missing from wall with the 2 lamps on

fire alarm button through the center door?

Great spot, congratulations on being the first to spot that one (y)

Right, not looked at anyone elses replies

1. Ceiling light missing
2. Speaker missing above right hand door
3. Shadow of above speaker missing
4. Picture missing to left of right hand door
5. Picture missing to the left of the archway
6. Wall decoration missing from back wall
7. Item (tea cup?) missing from front left table
8. Picture missing from wall with the 2 lamps on

Very good mate, but still one missing there as 2+3 are one an the same :D

Matt
MWHCVT

Hiya Matt

OK as most have already spotted the ones I noticed I won't repeat here, but the biggest difference for me is the whole ceiling is at a different angle.

Good one Matt, this has been fun.

Cheers

Back